Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72507 times)

Temteno

Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #480 on: October 18, 2019, 04:10:40 PM »
Axel nodded. "Fair enough." He paused. "What are your reasons?" he asked.

Anne looked at Axel and tried to think a way to elaborate. Of course she had good reasons, but she was also going with her gut feeling.
:sweden: "Well I-", she started.

Elin turned to Sanni, " :iceland: I'm sorry... something has to be done about this. I'll be back later."

She headed toward the fire and the rest of the crew, her face more serious than it had ever been during her time with this crew, ":sweden: What- what is this? Who did this? This is bad. This is a bad fire."

Anne's talk got interrupted by Elin and she blinked few times. Finally she leaned on her chin and mumbled to herself.
:sweden: "I think it's a decent fire", she said off-handedly.

Axel shrugged, pointed at Anne, and remained silent.
Elin turned to Anne looking stern, ":sweden: I'm sorry Anne, but this fire is awful. It won't last the whole night. I have to douse this fire and start again. It won't take long, but I'll make sure it'll last."

She looked at Elin and crossed her arms with a raised eyebrow. She straightened her posture and tried to look Elin with her best hurt face.
:sweden: "Hmmh, it's very decent fire as said. Look, everyone else are pretty content with it", Anne huffed as she pointed to Runar, Axel, Sanni, Amelia and the stranger.
:sweden: "Non-dangerous, gives light and is hand-made with my gentle hands. What is even bad about it?" she asked from Elin and pointed the campfire with her finger as she stood up.
The flame flickered off and on.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #481 on: October 19, 2019, 10:50:40 PM »
Anne looked at Axel and tried to think a way to elaborate. Of course she had good reasons, but she was also going with her gut feeling.
:sweden: "Well I-", she started.

Anne's talk got interrupted by Elin and she blinked few times. Finally she leaned on her chin and mumbled to herself.
:sweden: "I think it's a decent fire", she said off-handedly.

She looked at Elin and crossed her arms with a raised eyebrow. She straightened her posture and tried to look Elin with her best hurt face.
:sweden: "Hmmh, it's very decent fire as said. Look, everyone else are pretty content with it", Anne huffed as she pointed to Runar, Axel, Sanni, Amelia and the stranger.
:sweden: "Non-dangerous, gives light and is hand-made with my gentle hands. What is even bad about it?" she asked from Elin and pointed the campfire with her finger as she stood up.
The flame flickered off and on.

Elin looked a little remorseful but then regained herself out of necessity, ":sweden: Well it serves its purpose for now, but it won't last all night. It'll burn through that fuel really fast since it's just a pile with no air coming in through the bottom. It'll use all that fuel really quickly and burn out within the next two hours at best, probably sooner."

Elin stood up straighter and put her hands on her hips, ":sweden: I know my fire. You may have worked with the cleansers, Anne, but I was born to be one. I got expelled from school when I was 8 for lighting fires on school grounds. I know my stuff. I insist on dousing this fire and building a new, sustainable one."

She looked much too proud of this statement.

Spoiler: show
Perhaps getting expelled and general pyromania is the reason why she's practically illiterate.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:12:07 AM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #482 on: October 20, 2019, 11:25:37 AM »
Elin looked a little remorseful but then regained herself out of necessity, ":sweden: Well it serves its purpose for now, but it won't last all night. It'll burn through that fuel really fast since it's just a pile with no air coming in through the bottom. It'll use all that fuel really quickly and burn out within the next two hours at best, probably sooner."

Elin stood up straighter and put her hands on her hips, ":sweden: I know my fire. You may have worked with the cleansers, Anne, but I was born to be one. I got expelled from school when I was 8 for lighting fires on school grounds. I know my stuff. I insist on dousing this fire and building a new, sustainable one."

Perhaps getting expelled and general pyromania is the reason why she's practically illiterate.

:iceland: "Pyromania is a dangerous hobby, please keep yourself under control and try to not set the tank on fire..." Rúnar mumbled quietly.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #483 on: October 20, 2019, 12:09:24 PM »

Axel seemed to find the entire situation amusing. He tossed Elin a large flask.
Said flask was labelled 'Honest Bjorn's 200-proof Whiskey and Fire Starter (Not for Human Consumption)'.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #484 on: October 20, 2019, 01:06:21 PM »
Said flask was labelled 'Honest Bjorn's 200-proof Whiskey and Fire Starter (Not for Human Consumption)'.

Rúnar developed a good sense for Molotov cocktails, so he casually got up and moved away from the fire to what he deemed was a safe distance.

Pretty far.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #485 on: October 20, 2019, 02:39:08 PM »
:iceland: "Pyromania is a dangerous hobby, please keep yourself under control and try to not set the tank on fire..." Rúnar mumbled quietly.

Elin chuckled, ":iceland: I wouldn't call it a hobby anymore." She winked.

I'd say it's a profession, maybe even a lifestyle

Elin caught the flask, almost dropped it, caught it again, and then nodded in Axel's direction as to say, thanks, man.

She pointed at the fire, ":sweden: Someone kill this thing for me, it shouldn't be too hard. I'm gonna go gather some junk to build a new one out of." With that, she walked off, smiling mischievously, toward some of the abandoned houses to gather supplies for her new project.
socks

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #486 on: October 20, 2019, 04:59:27 PM »
Jack glanced about as Elin spoke pointedly about the fire, and then stalked off. He then motioned to Axel as Runar moved away from the fire. ":scotland: what all was that about? she sounded like she was gargling potatoes so I didn't understand half of that."

To be fair Jack also hadn't really been paying much attention.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Temteno

« Reply #487 on: October 21, 2019, 03:34:24 AM »

Anne let her melodramatic attitude fall and listened Elin's gushing about the fire. She sighed and smiled with given up look.
:sweden: "It's fine, do the fire", she said with a relaxed attitude and waved her hand.

Elin caught the flask, almost dropped it, caught it again, and then nodded in Axel's direction as to say, thanks, man.

She pointed at the fire, ":sweden: Someone kill this thing for me, it shouldn't be too hard. I'm gonna go gather some junk to build a new one out of." With that, she walked off, smiling mischievously, toward some of the abandoned houses to gather supplies for her new project.

Anne froze on her place when she saw the bottle that Axel gave to Elin. A small panic flashed in her expression and she tried to calm down.
:sweden: "Hey, we don't have a meaning to burn the whole place down", she said with a little concerned tone and looked a little worried. She sneaked away from the fire closer to Runar and stared the small fire.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #488 on: October 21, 2019, 09:50:04 AM »
Anne let her melodramatic attitude fall and listened Elin's gushing about the fire. She sighed and smiled with given up look.
:sweden: "It's fine, do the fire", she said with a relaxed attitude and waved her hand.

Anne froze on her place when she saw the bottle that Axel gave to Elin. A small panic flashed in her expression and she tried to calm down.
:sweden: "Hey, we don't have a meaning to burn the whole place down", she said with a little concerned tone and looked a little worried. She sneaked away from the fire closer to Runar and stared the small fire.

Elin wandered into the nearest home. She figured the hardest thing to find would be some good tinder to really get the thing going. Worst case scenario, she could use the in the flask Axel gave her but she was thinking about saving that for a special occasion. It's some pretty strong stuff (pretty good stuff too), better to use for burning something big. She stood in the entrance of the house, scanning the room for anything papery.

She pointed at various different things in the room, deeming them worthy or not of being tinder, ":sweden: Nope, nope, no, nuh-uh, nope... score." Her eyes locked on some old peeling wallpaper visible through the doorway leading into one of the bedrooms upstairs. It was only a textured wallpaper, no color or ink on it, safe for burning.

Elin started up the stairs, holding the dry railing to keep balance in case the stairs fell through. Then the railing snapped. Huh, that'll make some good feul wood. Carefully, but without anymore mishaps, she made it up the stairs. She walked into the bedroom and pulled off plenty of the wallpaper, you can never have enough. Some of the drywall had chipped away showing the wood planks behind it. Elin pulled off the drywall, inspected the planks, then kicked at them. The planks snapped easily with the kick and the house shook a bit, but nothing else happened.

She gathered all the planks, wallpaper, and broken bits of the railing into a pile, she also grabbed a somewhat damp, decaying tablecloth to be sure there was enough tinder. There was a lack of kindling but that could be made up for by splitting up some of the planks into pieces since there was a surplus of those.

Elin made her way back to the camp, more dusted and dirty than before but no more damaged (aside of a small bit of strain in her injured arm, but nothing too concerning). She dropped the supplies a safe distance from the now-dead fire and smiled.

":sweden: Looks like you've made a pretty decent firebed, here! Good work on that, Anne," Elin said, turning to Anne and grinning. "I'll get started on the fire now if nobody has any issues with that. I could use some help clearing the firebed of this old stuff, though, my arm's a little sore."

Did I do an unnecessary amount of google searching to make sure that this fire is indeed not going to be a hazard? Yes.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:58:37 AM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #489 on: October 21, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »
Jack glanced about as Elin spoke pointedly about the fire, and then stalked off. He then motioned to Axel as Runar moved away from the fire. ":scotland: what all was that about? she sounded like she was gargling potatoes so I didn't understand half of that."

To be fair Jack also hadn't really been paying much attention.

":scotland: The leader made a shit fire, so Elin is going to make a better one. Apparently it's a point of pride for her."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

« Reply #490 on: October 21, 2019, 12:08:33 PM »
":scotland: The leader made a s*** fire, so Elin is going to make a better one. Apparently it's a point of pride for her."

Jack arched an eyebrow as more people moved away from the fireplace as Elin began her work.

":scotland: Soo.... Why does everyone else look concerned about this?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #491 on: October 21, 2019, 12:30:08 PM »
Jack arched an eyebrow as more people moved away from the fireplace as Elin began her work.

":scotland: Soo.... Why does everyone else look concerned about this?"

Axel shrugged. ":scotland: They're a bunch of weird people? I don't know. It's not like she's cackling."

Solokov

« Reply #492 on: October 21, 2019, 01:28:24 PM »
Axel shrugged. ":scotland: They're a bunch of weird people? I don't know. It's not like she's cackling."

Jack, somehow arched his eyebrow further, ":scotland: cackling.... You people have hags out there too and don't do basic wardnets?....", he seemed puzzled at this prospect.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #493 on: October 21, 2019, 01:55:24 PM »
Jack, somehow arched his eyebrow further, ":scotland: cackling.... You people have hags out there too and don't do basic wardnets?....", he seemed puzzled at this prospect.

":scotland: What do old people have to do with things? Elin's not old."

Solokov

« Reply #494 on: October 21, 2019, 03:04:43 PM »
":scotland: What do old people have to do with things? Elin's not old."

":scotland: Old people?.. no.. beasts of flesh that once were druids that sacrificed their villages in pursuit of power over the kelpies and fiends..."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,