Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72487 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #465 on: October 11, 2019, 04:33:05 PM »

Bearnas sighed and rubbed her neck.
:scotland: "Honestly, I don't still trust the strangers you took here."
The woman nodded to the man and started to fix her clothing.
:scotland: "We will continue discussing the matter tomorrow. Are you coming with us to the village?" she asked from Jack.

Jack considered the question for a good amount of time before shaking his head, ":scotland: No... No I think I'll keep an eye on things around them.. I brought them here, I may as well be helpful if something happens tonight."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #466 on: October 11, 2019, 04:35:58 PM »
More traps?!
Anne tried to keep her expression calm and she pressed her hands together.
:denmark: "What about if we don't have any traps?" she asked slowly and thought about someone impaling their foot to a stake. She inhaled and let her arms fall down.

Anne looked at Elin and crossed her arms. She sighed and shrugged.
:sweden: "...we all should keep an eye on them, just in case. We could ask form the stranger more about this village", she said and waved her hand to the way where Jack was.
The sun had started to go down ages ago and it started to get slightly dark. Anne rolled her shoulders.

:sweden: "But we all can continue this around the campfire, nothing we can do right now! Do we have any fire wood with us and anything we can fry?" she changed suddenly the topic and had lighter tone.

Bearnas sighed and rubbed her neck.
:scotland: "Honestly, I don't still trust the strangers you took here."
The woman nodded to the man and started to fix her clothing.
:scotland: "We will continue discussing the matter tomorrow. Are you coming with us to the village?" she asked from Jack.

:norway: "Then whatever or whoever is wandering about probably kills us in our sleep, even with the motion detector."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Temteno

« Reply #467 on: October 13, 2019, 02:28:40 AM »
Jack considered the question for a good amount of time before shaking his head, ":scotland: No... No I think I'll keep an eye on things around them.. I brought them here, I may as well be helpful if something happens tonight."

Bearnas nodded slowly.
:scotland: "Do as you wish, though we would appreciate if you did that."
The man walked close to her and they both started to prop things for leaving. New night guards needed to be alarmed back there.
:scotland: "I suppose we will see at morning. Bye", she said to Jack with tired look and walked away with the man. They both disappeared behind the corner without any noise.

:norway: "Then whatever or whoever is wandering about probably kills us in our sleep, even with the motion detector."

Anne inhaled and tried to think. Was she being unreasonable here? What if someone really got harmed by it?
She crossed her arms and kept her stance.
:denmark: "What if that trap harmed someone from the town?" she asked, "I know, there's something around that's no-good, but is there another way?"

She really wished there was another way. Anne tightened her grip on her arms.
:denmark: "If there isn't, I will give permission to some sort of a trap", she finally admitted.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #468 on: October 16, 2019, 01:19:37 PM »
Bearnas nodded slowly.
The man walked close to her and they both started to prop things for leaving. New night guards needed to be alarmed back there.
:scotland: "I suppose we will see at morning. Bye", she said to Jack with tired look and walked away with the man. They both disappeared behind the corner without any noise.

Anne inhaled and tried to think. Was she being unreasonable here? What if someone really got harmed by it?
She crossed her arms and kept her stance.
:denmark: "What if that trap harmed someone from the town?" she asked, "I know, there's something around that's no-good, but is there another way?"

She really wished there was another way. Anne tightened her grip on her arms.
:denmark: "If there isn't, I will give permission to some sort of a trap", she finally admitted.

":norway: Bare minimum, tripwires rigged up to flares and flashbangs, warn the townspeople beforehand, and sleep with weapons close to hand."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

« Reply #469 on: October 16, 2019, 01:36:03 PM »
Bearnas nodded slowly.

Jack watched the gate guards disappear, with them the spell he'd wrapped himself with, the masque of confidence he'd projected onto himself cracked and faded

He quietly whispered to himself, as the discussion about traps and warning signals turned to incendiaries and explosives ":scotland: I'll.... I'll...Try to keep them from lighting the town on fire in their zeal to defend it..."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Temteno

« Reply #470 on: October 16, 2019, 03:09:41 PM »
":norway: Bare minimum, tripwires rigged up to flares and flashbangs, warn the townspeople beforehand, and sleep with weapons close to hand."

Anne did what all the good leaders would do in this situation: delegated it forward.
:denmark: "Well, in that case Amelia might have a thing or two to say!" she said with a more upbeat tone and felt relieved when the responsibility of the traps wasn't on her anymore.

The night fell like a heavy blanket, but luckily the crew put up fire (that couldn't really be called a campfire due it being pretty pitiful, but was enough for some of them). There were crumbled pieces of houses they could sit on. Food that they could grill was mostly just dry meat or canned food.

Anne took all the fun out of this and tried to set a grid over the fire. She put a can of some food on it and hoped for the best. She leaned on her legs and glances the others around them.
:sweden: "What a lucky bunch we are", she said particularly to no-one.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #471 on: October 16, 2019, 03:21:29 PM »
Anne did what all the good leaders would do in this situation: delegated it forward.
:denmark: "Well, in that case Amelia might have a thing or two to say!" she said with a more upbeat tone and felt relieved when the responsibility of the traps wasn't on her anymore.

The night fell like a heavy blanket, but luckily the crew put up fire (that couldn't really be called a campfire due it being pretty pitiful, but was enough for some of them). There were crumbled pieces of houses they could sit on. Food that they could grill was mostly just dry meat or canned food.

Anne took all the fun out of this and tried to set a grid over the fire. She put a can of some food on it and hoped for the best. She leaned on her legs and glances the others around them.

Axel seemed to have relaxed a great deal once the perimeter was, in his opinion, properly secured. He wasn't exactly smiling, but he looked moderately less likely to resort to murder as the first solution to all his problems.
":norway: I doubt luck is the reason any of us are here."

Solokov

« Reply #472 on: October 16, 2019, 04:03:32 PM »

While Jack had chose a seat relatively near the fire, he was still a couple strides removed from the group, and had made sure to abide by the 10 meter rule that Runar had placed on him in regards to Sanni.

It appeared that he was tuning his violin, as he was adjusting the knobs and every so often would draw the bow across the strings to produce a quiet and muted note.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Temteno

« Reply #473 on: October 16, 2019, 04:12:18 PM »
Axel seemed to have relaxed a great deal once the perimeter was, in his opinion, properly secured. He wasn't exactly smiling, but he looked moderately less likely to resort to murder as the first solution to all his problems.
":norway: I doubt luck is the reason any of us are here."

Anne glanced to Axel and waved her hand.
:sweden: "No no, didn't mean that. I mean we are pretty lucky that we found people out of anything we could've found."
She had optimistic smile.
:sweden: "We could've found just some troll infested place and get injured. So far we've been avoiding them well and there are only good news to the base."
Maybe even too well, but Anne didn't dwell on it. She looked at the can of fish that was over the fire and didn't have any idea what would happen to it. All she could do was to hope that it could make for a good roast.

Anne looked the others around them.
:sweden: "So I'm pretty optimistic about this trip."

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #474 on: October 16, 2019, 04:30:47 PM »
Anne glanced to Axel and waved her hand.
:sweden: "No no, didn't mean that. I mean we are pretty lucky that we found people out of anything we could've found."
She had optimistic smile.
:sweden: "We could've found just some troll infested place and get injured. So far we've been avoiding them well and there are only good news to the base."
Maybe even too well, but Anne didn't dwell on it. She looked at the can of fish that was over the fire and didn't have any idea what would happen to it. All she could do was to hope that it could make for a good roast.

Anne looked the others around them.
:sweden: "So I'm pretty optimistic about this trip."

Axel nodded. "Fair enough." He paused. "What are your reasons?" he asked.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #475 on: October 16, 2019, 05:11:57 PM »

Rúnar was quietly sitting by the fire, listening to the conversations. He had a nap. It lasted for some ten minutes. He was feeling better now. He stretched a bit before, and was now pretty comfortable.
Fire was nice.
The runes kept everyone safe during the journey.
They'll have a nice and peaceful night.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #476 on: October 17, 2019, 08:07:21 AM »

Elin had been watching Sanni cook so she had (shockingly) neglected to mind the fire, but the fire wouldn't be neglected for long. She turned to take a quick glance at what the rest of her crew was up to. Her eyes locked on their weak, pathetic fire.

This fire was anything but proper, it couldn't even be considered half-decent. This fire was just a pile of things burning. It held no structure, it held no glory. How could a team be strong when the fires they create are so weak? Something had to be done about this.

Elin turned to Sanni, " :iceland: I'm sorry... something has to be done about this. I'll be back later."

She headed toward the fire and the rest of the crew, her face more serious than it had ever been during her time with this crew, ":sweden: What- what is this? Who did this? This is bad. This is a bad fire."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:08:56 AM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #477 on: October 17, 2019, 08:29:14 AM »
Elin had been watching Sanni cook so she had (shockingly) neglected to mind the fire, but the fire wouldn't be neglected for long. She turned to take a quick glance at what the rest of her crew was up to. Her eyes locked on their weak, pathetic fire.

This fire was anything but proper, it couldn't even be considered half-decent. This fire was just a pile of things burning. It held no structure, it held no glory. How could a team be strong when the fires they create are so weak? Something had to be done about this.

Elin turned to Sanni, " :iceland: I'm sorry... something has to be done about this. I'll be back later."

She headed toward the fire and the rest of the crew, her face more serious than it had ever been during her time with this crew, ":sweden: What- what is this? Who did this? This is bad. This is a bad fire."

Axel shrugged, pointed at Anne, and remained silent.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #478 on: October 17, 2019, 04:47:33 PM »

Rúnar took a proper look at the fire. Yep. No chance of it randomly spreading in any direction.
The fire was good. He looked content and comfortable.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #479 on: October 17, 2019, 06:48:29 PM »
Axel shrugged, pointed at Anne, and remained silent.

Elin turned to Anne looking stern, ":sweden: I'm sorry Anne, but this fire is awful. It won't last the whole night. I have to douse this fire and start again. It won't take long, but I'll make sure it'll last."
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden: