Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72490 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #420 on: October 03, 2019, 03:17:00 PM »
Anne blinked few times and it took a lot of time for her to catch a hint. Oh yeah, didn't Amelia talk about some town with people alive? She looked uncomfortable and scratched her neck but flashed a smile to Elin.
:sweden: "You bet! I haven't met any scout that hadn't been at some degree an introvert."
She glanced through the window.
:sweden: "But I bet you know more about that", she said but didn't look Elin into her eyes.

Anne looked through a side window and yes, Runar was right: there was a silhouette of a town ahead. Pit formed into her stomach and the woman moved her tense arms and tried to do anything. She wasn't even fully awake.

-

A man sat besides a gate and felt his eyes shut time to time. The rusty gate made out of an old time's metal wouldn't keep anyone out if they tried to barge in, but he didn't look too worried about that. His glance perked up when something move in the horizon. He stood up and bit his nails as he ran another hand through his dirty and shaggy black hair. He wasn't that big and looked very ordinary, but had odd birthmarks on his face. His arms tensed and he inhaled.

People came and went off and it's perfectly normal. But the rumbling noise in the distance made him uneasy and the figures swaying towards didn't look familiar at all.
:scotland: "Bearnas", he said with an odd tone and that made a round woman with short brown hair peak behind the metal mess that they called a gate. Her eyes fell to the man and she stood up and walked over to him.
The man nodded towards the horizon and the woman squinted her eyes. She pat the mans back.

:scotland: "What's with that rumbling?" she asked but the man shook his head. None of them didn't move anywhere though and they waited calmly but with alert close to the gates.

Jack looked up from his mail sorting, glanced towards the tank, then the town and, after putting the mail carefully back into his bag, he suddenly took off at a jog... Well for him it was a jog. And headed down the path.

As soon as the gate was in sight properly and he could make out the gate guard he stopped his jog and waved a hand. His voice shifted tone, a masque per se as he sounded far more confident as he spoke up enough for the gate guard to hear him from the distance.

":scotland: Hoy, I carry mail and news from afar, myself and a group of travellers seek shelter from the night and shingles over our heads, perhaps warm food too, What-say you?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #421 on: October 03, 2019, 11:26:21 PM »
:norway: "Town! Almost there" Rúnar loudly announced. He's been driving al day, few short breaks aside.

He was pretty tired. And uncomfortable from sitting in the same position whole day.

Maybe someone else will cook. And clean.

Yes.

Sanni had been laying listless on a bunk all day, scribbling idly in a notebook and casting covert glances at her medic's bag. As they approached the town, she heard the exhaustion in Rúnar's voice; and thinking to make herself useful, she wandered over. :iceland: "Do you need any help with anything?" she asked.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #422 on: October 04, 2019, 02:40:47 AM »
Jack looked up from his mail sorting, glanced towards the tank, then the town and, after putting the mail carefully back into his bag, he suddenly took off at a jog... Well for him it was a jog. And headed down the path.

As soon as the gate was in sight properly and he could make out the gate guard he stopped his jog and waved a hand. His voice shifted tone, a masque per se as he sounded far more confident as he spoke up enough for the gate guard to hear him from the distance.

":scotland: Hoy, I carry mail and news from afar, myself and a group of travellers seek shelter from the night and shingles over our heads, perhaps warm food too, What-say you?"

Both of them looked one of the figures that started to jog towards them. The more closer it got, the longer it started to become and the man props his gun. He didn't have a lot with him, a rifle and knife. The air wasn't cold enough for him to have a jacket, but the chill air could be felt through the warm sweater. Bearnas didn't have a lot with her either, but she had at least a jacket on her.

When the human - looking like a huge man - came closer and spoke to them fluently, Bearnas crossed her arms and they both stared at the tall twig of a human. It didn't take a long for the woman to have something light up in her head and she pointed the tall person.
:scotland: "Hey, you're the Tree, right? The weird mail-man", she said with a more brightened voice and the man looked like he wanted to smack her. He looked grumpy next to the woman who was blissfully ignorant about her blunt and almost careless approach.

The man roughed his hair. He stared Jack for a longer time and tried to make some decision in his head. As the man didn't say anything and tried to come to some conclusion, Bearnas pat his shoulder and looked at Jack.
:scotland: "The old Frang said we can let you in but the strangers-", she said, hearing the rumble in the background and gave a small wave to the side.
:scotland: "Dunno, what to say. Don't have food to spare nor safety. Hard times have struck."

Both of them fell into a tired silence. She struggled to find conclusion as much as the man next to her.
:scotland: "Look, the disease has been roaming around. We wanna help as much as the next person, but we really don't need right now someone to turn into a monster or spread the disease more."

Solokov

« Reply #423 on: October 04, 2019, 04:19:13 AM »
Both of them looked one of the figures that started to jog towards them. The more closer it got, the longer it started to become and the man props his gun. He didn't have a lot with him, a rifle and knife. The air wasn't cold enough for him to have a jacket, but the chill air could be felt through the warm sweater. Bearnas didn't have a lot with her either, but she had at least a jacket on her.

When the human - looking like a huge man - came closer and spoke to them fluently, Bearnas crossed her arms and they both stared at the tall twig of a human. It didn't take a long for the woman to have something light up in her head and she pointed the tall person.
:scotland: "Hey, you're the Tree, right? The weird mail-man", she said with a more brightened voice and the man looked like he wanted to smack her. He looked grumpy next to the woman who was blissfully ignorant about her blunt and almost careless approach.

The man roughed his hair. He stared Jack for a longer time and tried to make some decision in his head. As the man didn't say anything and tried to come to some conclusion, Bearnas pat his shoulder and looked at Jack.
:scotland: "The old Frang said we can let you in but the strangers-", she said, hearing the rumble in the background and gave a small wave to the side.
:scotland: "Dunno, what to say. Don't have food to spare nor safety. Hard times have struck."

Both of them fell into a tired silence. She struggled to find conclusion as much as the man next to her.
:scotland: "Look, the disease has been roaming around. We wanna help as much as the next person, but we really don't need right now someone to turn into a monster or spread the disease more."

Jack nodded along as they responded, it seemed reasonable. ":scotland: ... fair enough.... how about this... close enough in that that posts and stones of the wardnet can keep off any roving kelpies and banshees, but far enough out that the greatward in the square will keep them out if one of them becomes a fiend overnight?"

He quietly kicked at a pebble, while waiting on a response. "Truth be told I don't know what to make of them... they showed up in a boat, have a great big tracked truck... I think they're normans but here to explore rather than mess with the britons.... language sounds like some of what my book about the cheese and wine stuff is like when I try and sound it out."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #424 on: October 04, 2019, 05:32:04 AM »
Sanni had been laying listless on a bunk all day, scribbling idly in a notebook and casting covert glances at her medic's bag. As they approached the town, she heard the exhaustion in Rúnar's voice; and thinking to make herself useful, she wandered over. :iceland: "Do you need any help with anything?" she asked.

:iceland: "Yes. I am exhausted. I hope someone else is able to cook because I would really like some rest" he said.

He stopped the tank a few polite meters behind Jack. :norway: "Twig's talking to some guys. Someones should be there" he added.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #425 on: October 04, 2019, 06:19:06 AM »
Jack nodded along as they responded, it seemed reasonable. ":scotland: ... fair enough.... how about this... close enough in that that posts and stones of the wardnet can keep off any roving kelpies and banshees, but far enough out that the greatward in the square will keep them out if one of them becomes a fiend overnight?"

He quietly kicked at a pebble, while waiting on a response. "Truth be told I don't know what to make of them... they showed up in a boat, have a great big tracked truck... I think they're normans but here to explore rather than mess with the britons.... language sounds like some of what my book about the cheese and wine stuff is like when I try and sound it out."

The man scratched his neck and eyed a tank behind the Tree. It definitely looked like old world technology that tend to lay around the town. This one was clean though and definitely in use. The furrows on his face deepened and the man got even more tense when Jack mentioned about them showing up in a boat. Bearnas was keeping her arms even more tightly crossed on her chest.

The joking didn't fly too much over the woman but the man was unsure how to react. She smiled with underlying worry.
:scotland: "That's what I was thinking of, letting them stay on the town but far away from our village center. But if they are behind the sea, you won't know what they have with them."
The man glanced to her and they both were in a solemn silence for a moment.

:scotland: "...can we speak with them? Or communicate some way?" he asked and frowned.

He stopped the tank a few polite meters behind Jack. :norway: "Twig's talking to some guys. Someones should be there" he added.

Anne glanced at Runar's way and leaned little forward so she could see him behind Elin. The blond crossed her arms.
:sweden: "Axel is there with the stranger", which didn't sound too hopeful, but she was positive.
She was quiet and tapped her fingers on the surface. Anne's eyes looked at Elin and she smiled.
:sweden: "I volunteer that Elin should go to check the situation. She's reliable and I think it's better that someone other than Amelia and Axel get to know them."

Suddenly a puff of blonde hair appeared to the rear window and then disappeared. Anne blinked few times, but dismissed it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:25:58 AM by Temteno »

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #426 on: October 04, 2019, 06:25:02 AM »

Anne glanced at Runar's way and leaned little forward so she could see him behind Elin. The blond crossed her arms.
:sweden: "Axel is there with the stranger", which didn't sound too hopeful, but she was positive.
She was quiet and tapped her fingers on the surface. Anne's eyes looked at Elin and she smiled.
:sweden: "I volunteer that Elin should go to check the situation. She's reliable and I think it's better that someone other than Amelia and Axel get to know them."

Suddenly a puff of blond hair appeared to the rear window and then disappeared. Anne blinked few times, but dismissed it.

:norway: "Axel ain't really giving off that diplomacy feel. Send anyone else" he said.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Solokov

« Reply #427 on: October 04, 2019, 09:38:09 AM »
The man scratched his neck and eyed a tank behind the Tree. It definitely looked like old world technology that tend to lay around the town. This one was clean though and definitely in use. The furrows on his face deepened and the man got even more tense when Jack mentioned about them showing up in a boat. Bearnas was keeping her arms even more tightly crossed on her chest.

The joking didn't fly too much over the woman but the man was unsure how to react. She smiled with underlying worry.
:scotland: "That's what I was thinking of, letting them stay on the town but far away from our village center. But if they are behind the sea, you won't know what they have with them."

:scotland: "...can we speak with them? Or communicate some way?" he asked and frowned.

Suddenly a puff of blonde hair appeared to the rear window and then disappeared. Anne blinked few times, but dismissed it.

Jack considered the answer for a bit before shrugging, ":scotland: Seems mostly like questions to be answered come morning then.. where do you want to have them put the thing" he motioned at the tank, "and sleep?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #428 on: October 04, 2019, 11:15:11 AM »
Anne blinked few times and it took a lot of time for her to catch a hint. Oh yeah, didn't Amelia talk about some town with people alive? She looked uncomfortable and scratched her neck but flashed a smile to Elin.
:sweden: "You bet! I haven't met any scout that hadn't been at some degree an introvert."
She glanced through the window.
:sweden: "But I bet you know more about that", she said but didn't look Elin into her eyes.

Anne looked through a side window and yes, Runar was right: there was a silhouette of a town ahead. Pit formed into her stomach and the woman moved her tense arms and tried to do anything. She wasn't even fully awake.

-

A man sat besides a gate and felt his eyes shut time to time. The rusty gate made out of an old time's metal wouldn't keep anyone out if they tried to barge in, but he didn't look too worried about that. His glance perked up when something move in the horizon. He stood up and bit his nails as he ran another hand through his dirty and shaggy black hair. He wasn't that big and looked very ordinary, but had odd birthmarks on his face. His arms tensed and he inhaled.

People came and went off and it's perfectly normal. But the rumbling noise in the distance made him uneasy and the figures swaying towards didn't look familiar at all.
:scotland: "Bearnas", he said with an odd tone and that made a round woman with short brown hair peak behind the metal mess that they called a gate. Her eyes fell to the man and she stood up and walked over to him.
The man nodded towards the horizon and the woman squinted her eyes. She pat the mans back.

:scotland: "What's with that rumbling?" she asked but the man shook his head. None of them didn't move anywhere though and they waited calmly but with alert close to the gates.

Something about the way Anne avoided Elin's eyes made her uncomfortable, she couldn't place why it made her feel that way but it did. Elin faked a smile, ":sweden: Yeah, I guess I do."

Elin perked up after hearing her name, finally something to do. ":sweden: Oh, I'll go gladly," Elin smiled, "I'd do anything to get me out of the tank this point."

Elin didn't consider herself a great diplomat but Axel wasn't exactly a high bar to pass. She took a step toward the door, ":sweden: Does anyone need anything before I join them?"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #429 on: October 06, 2019, 06:03:36 PM »
:iceland: "Yes. I am exhausted. I hope someone else is able to cook because I would really like some rest" he said.

:iceland: "I can cook," said Sanni. "When should I start and is there anything I need to know? Rationing?"
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #430 on: October 07, 2019, 01:11:30 AM »
:norway: "Axel ain't really giving off that diplomacy feel. Send anyone else" he said.

Anne shrugged but a small smile tugged her lips.
:sweden: "Didn't say he is diplomatic - but he is there", she commented in off-handed way and leaned against a wall. Sanni talked to Axel now so she left them alone to have.

Something about the way Anne avoided Elin's eyes made her uncomfortable, she couldn't place why it made her feel that way but it did. Elin faked a smile, ":sweden: Yeah, I guess I do."

Elin perked up after hearing her name, finally something to do. ":sweden: Oh, I'll go gladly," Elin smiled, "I'd do anything to get me out of the tank this point."

Elin didn't consider herself a great diplomat but Axel wasn't exactly a high bar to pass. She took a step toward the door, ":sweden: Does anyone need anything before I join them?"

Anne hummed and crossed her arms. She glanced at Elin and tried to think.
:sweden: "Not really. Any information about our situation and who the strangers are would be great", she said and looked uncomfortable when she glanced out of the window. Something bothered her and she couldn't pin-point it.

Jack considered the answer for a bit before shrugging, ":scotland: Seems mostly like questions to be answered come morning then.. where do you want to have them put the thing" he motioned at the tank, "and sleep?"

The man hesitated and so did Bearnas. Both of them were too uncomfortable to take responsibility of these strangers.
Finally, the woman sighed and threw her arms on her side.
:scotland: "Let's let them in to the city - but they have to stay close to the barrier. I want to see at least one of them though before letting them in. It doesn't matter if we can't speak", she said with a defeated voice. The man didn't look like he agreed at all and glared Bearnas.

:scotland: "Be us all damned then", he muttered.

Solokov

« Reply #431 on: October 07, 2019, 08:15:33 AM »
:sweden: "Didn't say he is diplomatic - but he is there", she commented in off-handed way and leaned against a wall. Sanni talked to Axel now so she left them alone to have.

:sweden: "Not really. Any information about our situation and who the strangers are would be great", she said and looked uncomfortable when she glanced out of the window. Something bothered her and she couldn't pin-point it.

The man hesitated and so did Bearnas. Both of them were too uncomfortable to take responsibility of these strangers.
:scotland: "Let's let them in to the city - but they have to stay close to the barrier. I want to see at least one of them though before letting them in. It doesn't matter if we can't speak", she said with a defeated voice. The man didn't look like he agreed at all and glared Bearnas.

Jack arched an eyebrow.

":scotland: I was honestly just going to have them park on the side of the road here... it's close enough in the standingstones will protect, and far enough out the greatward will keep something out, I've even got my own ward plates to wrap an extra layer of net around them just in case, plus it's outside the town proper too."

He glanced back to see who else might be coming from the tank, hoping it isn't just Axel... while he'd be glad for someone who can speak the language, one of the others would be a... probably better face for the gate guards to meet.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #432 on: October 07, 2019, 10:04:52 AM »

" :sweden: Alright, I'll see what I can understand. Hopefully someone can translate for me," Elin said then closed the door on the tank and met up with the rest of the group. She saw an unfamiliar man and woman talking with the new guy in front of what could be called a gate.

Elin leaned over to her crewmates and lowered her voice, " :sweden: Hi, I'm gonna be out here now. What's going on?"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 10:07:50 AM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #433 on: October 07, 2019, 12:34:30 PM »

Jack arched an eyebrow.

":scotland: I was honestly just going to have them park on the side of the road here... it's close enough in the standingstones will protect, and far enough out the greatward will keep something out, I've even got my own ward plates to wrap an extra layer of net around them just in case, plus it's outside the town proper too."

He glanced back to see who else might be coming from the tank, hoping it isn't just Axel... while he'd be glad for someone who can speak the language, one of the others would be a... probably better face for the gate guards to meet.

Axel seemed either unaware of this or just didn't care, but he did make an effort to appear nonthreatening despite his...unconventional appearance...as he approached the gate guards. He consulted a list in his hand. :scotland: "My name's Axel Johansen, since we weren't expecting to find living people I'm the only one who speaks Gaelic. I'll be translating for whoever actually wants to handle diplomacy..."

" :sweden: Alright, I'll see what I can understand. Hopefully someone can translate for me," Elin said then closed the door on the tank and met up with the rest of the group. She saw an unfamiliar man and woman talking with the new guy in front of what could be called a gate.

Elin leaned over to her crewmates and lowered her voice, " :sweden: Hi, I'm gonna be out here now. What's going on?"

A storm of indecipherable Swedish came from Axel, which was accompanied by some gestures that carried the gist of the message - ie, get over here so that we don't cause a major diplomatic incident, I am by no means qualified to handle this situation.
It was surprisingly expressive gesturing.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #434 on: October 07, 2019, 04:43:39 PM »
Axel seemed either unaware of this or just didn't care, but he did make an effort to appear nonthreatening despite his...unconventional appearance...as he approached the gate guards. He consulted a list in his hand. :scotland: "My name's Axel Johansen, since we weren't expecting to find living people I'm the only one who speaks Gaelic. I'll be translating for whoever actually wants to handle diplomacy..."

A storm of indecipherable Swedish came from Axel, which was accompanied by some gestures that carried the gist of the message - ie, get over here so that we don't cause a major diplomatic incident, I am by no means qualified to handle this situation.
It was surprisingly expressive gesturing.

Elin hardly understood a lick of what Axel had just said, but she got the message (somewhat) and she knew what she had come over here to attempt to do, be diplomatic.

Elin slowly turned to Axel and started speaking, talking as much with her hands as with her words to get the point across, ":sweden: I'm gonna need you to translate for me," she looked desperate, "Can you please tell the two people at the gate that I say, 'Hello, I'm Elin Bergström. We're from what we thought were the only remaining countries over... uh- there,'" Elin waved off toward where they came. "'Our new friend here' -oh no, I've forgotten his name, please say his name instead of 'new guy'- 'Our new friend here, new guy, was going to show us around a bit if that's alright. Also, it's very nice to meet you."

Elin gave a trying smile at Axel and hoped that he would somehow be able to get the message across.
socks