Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72506 times)

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2019, 05:56:19 PM »
He shrugged, not sure how to word it all right at this moment.

Jack made a methodical circuit around the camp to keep a minimum of ten meters between himself and the person named 'Sanni' and offered up the empty bowl to Runar.

"er det noe jeg kan eye-dere ah??"

[Bad :norway: mixed with bad :france: ; Is there anything I can help with?]

Sanni was just coming out of the tank when she saw Jack moving around the perimeter of camp. :norway: "Um. Excuse me!" she called, waving a gloved hand. "...sir? I need to test your immunity!" she helpfully gestured to the immunity testing kit in her other hand. "Would you please come over here?"
She glanced at Rúnar. :iceland: "Can he understand me? What is his name?" She asked under her breath.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2019, 05:59:07 PM »
Sanni was just coming out of the tank when she saw Jack moving around the perimeter of camp. :norway: "Um. Excuse me!" she called, waving a gloved hand. "...sir? I need to test your immunity!" she helpfully gestured to the immunity testing kit in her other hand. "Would you please come over here?"
She glanced at Rúnar. :iceland: "Can he understand me? What is his name?" She asked under her breath.

:iceland: "He said his name is Jack. He speaks horrible Norwegian, but I think he somewhat understands it" he quietly replied. "Let me know if you require assistance."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #332 on: September 16, 2019, 06:09:48 PM »
:iceland: "He said his name is Jack. He speaks horrible Norwegian, but I think he somewhat understands it" he quietly replied. "Let me know if you require assistance."

:iceland: "Thank you."

Unsure whether Jack had heard her, Sanni called again. :norway: "Excuse me. Jack! Please come over here, I need to test you!"
carpe diem

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #333 on: September 16, 2019, 06:24:01 PM »
:iceland: "Thank you."

Unsure whether Jack had heard her, Sanni called again. :norway: "Excuse me. Jack! Please come over here, I need to test you!"

Jack glanced towards  Sanni, then Runar, Then Axel and shrugged.

":scotland: What do I do here? He said, " he pointed at Runar, "to not get closer than 10 meters to her. " He moves his pointing hand to focus on Sanni.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #334 on: September 16, 2019, 06:29:06 PM »

":scotland: What do I do here? He said, " he pointed at Runar, "to not get closer than 10 meters to her. " He moves his pointing hand to focus on Sanni.

Sanni was wearing a face mask, and Rúnar was there to clean up if a mess was made. He gestured Jack to come closer. :norway: "It's fine. She's gonna test you."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #335 on: September 16, 2019, 06:31:13 PM »
Sanni was wearing a face mask, and Rúnar was there to clean up if a mess was made. He gestured Jack to come closer. :norway: "It's fine. She's gonna test you."

With a glance at Rúnar, Sanni walked over to Jack and set the immunity test kit on the ground. She opened it, pulling out a long and very sharp-looking syringe. :norway: "Give me your arm," she said to Jack.
carpe diem

Solokov

« Reply #336 on: September 16, 2019, 06:41:49 PM »

Jack patently ignored Runar, waiting for Axel's response.

With a glance at Rúnar, Sanni walked over to Jack and set the immunity test kit on the ground. She opened it, pulling out a long and very sharp-looking syringe. :norway: "Give me your arm," she said to Jack.

Suddenly to Jack's perspective she was there, too close with a needle.

"Wowwhoawhoa..." He immidiatly jumped and stumbled away, "haava er daat fer, hovolfor sérieusement hovolfor, joor deg opp en menag sir we su juice..."

[mix of :scotland: :france: and :norway: "what is that for, why, seriously why, make up your minds on how close I stand where."]
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #337 on: September 16, 2019, 06:46:15 PM »
Jack patently ignored Runar, waiting for Axel's response.

Suddenly to Jack's perspective she was there, too close with a needle.

"Wowwhoawhoa..." He immidiatly jumped and stumbled away, "haava er daat fer, hovolfor sérieusement hovolfor, joor deg opp en menag sir we su juice..."

[mix of :scotland: :france: and :norway: "what is that for, why, seriously why, make up your minds on how close I stand where."]

Sanni sighed. She had no idea what he was saying, but he was being ridiculous. Had Rúnar told him to stay away from her? She shot him another questioning glance and then turned back to Jack. :norway: "I need to test you. We need to know if you are immune from the rash illness or not. Please just hold still for a moment and let me do the test."
carpe diem

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »

:scotland: "You ever see someone turn into a fiend? We can test if you're immune to that or not. That's what she's going to do."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #339 on: September 16, 2019, 07:34:55 PM »
:scotland: "You ever see someone turn into a fiend? We can test if you're immune to that or not. That's what she's going to do."

Jack arched an eyebrow, ":scotland: .... there's immunity to that?..."

It seemed that he had calmed down considerably now that someone was explaining things to him.

After almost a minute of contemplation he carefully approaches Sanni.

"Huvaa nah?"

[Bad :norway: "what now?"
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #340 on: September 16, 2019, 07:57:54 PM »
Amelia had put down her dish by the pot and was headed for the front cabin when the testing spectacle began.

Amelia was almost about to step in, when Axel spoke to Jack and calmed him down.
Satisfied that foreigner wasn't about to go amok on Sanni, Amelia continued walking to the vehicle. She entered, and sat down in the radio station's seat.

Amelia flipped a couple switches, and the machine came to life, awaiting input. She punched the ship's code, and started a call.
:france: "Damn the hour, you press-wrangled slop better pick up"

Temteno

« Reply #341 on: September 17, 2019, 04:35:46 AM »
Amelia had put down her dish by the pot and was headed for the front cabin when the testing spectacle began.

Amelia was almost about to step in, when Axel spoke to Jack and calmed him down.
Satisfied that foreigner wasn't about to go amok on Sanni, Amelia continued walking to the vehicle. She entered, and sat down in the radio station's seat.

Amelia flipped a couple switches, and the machine came to life, awaiting input. She punched the ship's code, and started a call.
:france: "Damn the hour, you press-wrangled slop better pick up"

The ship had stopped to a small island in the middle of the way between 'Scotland' and Norway. The sea was too dangerous to travel through the night and the captain didn't want to risk more than was needed. Vilma understood as much so she hadn't pressed about it. The base member had been way too tired and she had gone sleep immediately.

The ship's radio station was quiet. A lone woman was playing solitaire with the tattered cards. They were laying on one empty table. She listened crackles on the radio and heard faint voices, ignoring them. Queen of spades was slapped half-heartedly to the table.
The woman twitched when radio started suddenly to signal for an on-coming call. A card fell from her hand to solitaire table and she cursed, picked up a headset, pressed few buttons and cleared her throat.
:norway: "This is Blå Kjell on channel 9", she said with a neutral tone."
:norway: "Over."

She waited for an answer with a very wary look on her face. It's so great when you can talk without worrying of exposing your feelings through body language.
Black noise ringed in her ears and the woman rubbed her eyes.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 04:39:36 AM by Temteno »

luca0483

• DeviantArt
« Reply #342 on: September 17, 2019, 05:03:28 AM »
The ship had stopped to a small island in the middle of the way between 'Scotland' and Norway. The sea was too dangerous to travel through the night and the captain didn't want to risk more than was needed. Vilma understood as much so she hadn't pressed about it. The base member had been way too tired and she had gone sleep immediately.

The ship's radio station was quiet. A lone woman was playing solitaire with the tattered cards. They were laying on one empty table. She listened crackles on the radio and heard faint voices, ignoring them. Queen of spades was slapped half-heartedly to the table.
The woman twitched when radio started suddenly to signal for an on-coming call. A card fell from her hand to solitaire table and she cursed, picked up a headset, pressed few buttons and cleared her throat.
:norway: "This is Blå Kjell on channel 9", she said with a neutral tone."
:norway: "Over."

She waited for an answer with a very wary look on her face. It's so great when you can talk without worrying of exposing your feelings through body language.
Black noise ringed in her ears and the woman rubbed her eyes.

Amelia smiled, and it seemed lighter on her face than before.

:norway: "This is Amelia Vinter calling from Arctic Fox. Urgent message for Vilma Holmsquist. Can you call for her, or if not, are you ready to write down?"

Temteno

« Reply #343 on: September 17, 2019, 06:03:06 AM »
Amelia smiled, and it seemed lighter on her face than before.

:norway: "This is Amelia Vinter calling from Arctic Fox. Urgent message for Vilma Holmsquist. Can you call for her, or if not, are you ready to write down?"

The woman blinked few times with confusion and raked her memory of what Arctic Fox was. She opened her mouth for a moment and an unintelligible Norwegian noise came out (":norway:").
Finally, she remembered something and picked up hastily some paper, dropping few cards from the table.
:norway: "Eghn...the Bv580, right? The expedition in Silent World."

Yes, the one they had dropped hours ago there. It's not that she forgot about it, the woman just didn't expect the call so soon.
Getting Holmvquist up would be a pain and the woman grimaced of the thought. The nosy woman had earlier asked questions from her and made a call to Dalsnes that took a whole hour.
:norway: "I will write down what you have to say when the radio connection is still good", she said with business manner and fumbled a pen out of her pocket.
It wasn't a lie, the black noises were pretty quiet right now.

luca0483

• DeviantArt
« Reply #344 on: September 17, 2019, 06:34:22 AM »
The woman blinked few times with confusion and raked her memory of what Arctic Fox was. She opened her mouth for a moment and an unintelligible Norwegian noise came out (":norway:").
Finally, she remembered something and picked up hastily some paper, dropping few cards from the table.
:norway: "Eghn...the Bv580, right? The expedition in Silent World."

Yes, the one they had dropped hours ago there. It's not that she forgot about it, the woman just didn't expect the call so soon.
Getting Holmvquist up would be a pain and the woman grimaced of the thought. The nosy woman had earlier asked questions from her and made a call to Dalsnes that took a whole hour.
:norway: "I will write down what you have to say when the radio connection is still good", she said with business manner and fumbled a pen out of her pocket.
It wasn't a lie, the black noises were pretty quiet right now.

:norway: "Yes, that is us"

Amelia would like to talk with Vilma, but the woman made a good point.

:norway: "Good, great. The message is: Scotland has survived, there are people here. Encountered man in the lighthouse named Jack, speaks what i assume is Scotlandic, and very bad Norwegian. He has talked of other locals, possibly multiple settlements, hard to get details. Currently testing him for immunity. If we get location of a settlement, will change route to it, establishing communications are priority. Otherwise, will continue on planned route"