Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72493 times)

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2019, 03:06:25 PM »
:norway: "... translate...?" Rúnar told Axel. He clearly gave up on trying to figure out what Jack was saying.

:norway: "I thought I spoke other languages poorly...he said they help ward off whatever local weird s*** there is. I dunno what a 'banshee' or 'kelpie' are but they sound nasty. He wants you to copy the marks on the wooden plates so the weird stuff will leave us alone," Axel said shortly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:43:08 PM by Ragnarok »
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2019, 03:14:02 PM »
:norway: "I thought I spoke other languages poorly...he said they help ward off whatever local weird s*** there is. I dunno what a 'banshee' or 'kelpie' are but they sound nasty. He wants you to copy the marks on the wooden plates so the weird stuff will leave us alone," Axel said shortly.

:norway: "Ah. I can't do his magic" Rúnar said.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:44:09 PM by Kitty »

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2019, 03:29:52 PM »
Rúnar contemplates throwing a shoe at Axel's head, but decides against it. While he deserved it, he had a feeling Commander wouldn't like it.
:norway: "I don't know the magic you use" he said to Jack.

Jack takes a moment to make sense of the statement then glances at the greatward, then axel and back to Runar. "Det air bookstavleegen det ... dair. Saamma magee." He motions at the greatward on the trailer to emphasize his point before arranging the wooden plates on the ground to show Runar the arrangement and the way the magic works.

The way the magic from the lacquered plates arranges itself once put into order and face up is very similar to the way that magic flows around Runar's runes.

[Bad :norway:; "it's literally that... right there. Same magic."]

He consults his book again and points out three plates in particular.

"Gore statister av dees? vair saw sneel?? Deet er eek min magi."

[bad :norway:;Make extras of these? please? It's not my magic.]

I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2019, 03:47:00 PM »
Jack takes a moment to make sense of the statement then glances at the greatward, then axel and back to Runar. "Det air bookstavleegen det ... dair. Saamma magee." He motions at the greatward on the trailer to emphasize his point before arranging the wooden plates on the ground to show Runar the arrangement and the way the magic works.

The way the magic from the lacquered plates arranges itself once put into order and face up is very similar to the way that magic flows around Runar's runes.

[Bad :norway:; "it's literally that... right there. Same magic."]

He consults his book again and points out three plates in particular.

"Gore statister av dees? vair saw sneel?? Deet er eek min magi."

[bad :norway:;Make extras of these? please? It's not my magic.]

:norway: "It ain't my magic. Not Icelandic. Pretty doodles or whatever, but not mine" Rúnar slowly explained.

Solokov

« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2019, 03:53:55 PM »
:norway: "It ain't my magic. Not Icelandic. Pretty doodles or whatever, but not mine" Rúnar slowly explained.

Jack stares at Runar in disbelief before looking at Axel, ":scotland: .. do you have another warder or a caster?... I need someone that can see the magic and understand it's the same."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:04:07 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2019, 04:20:35 PM »
Jack stares at Runar in disbelief before looking at Axel, ":scotland: .. do you have another warder or a caster?... I need someone that can see the magic and understand it's the same."

:norway: "SANNI!"
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2019, 04:23:57 PM »

Rúnar rubbed his eyes. Sanni was the mage girl, right? :iceland: "Stay at least ten meters away from him" he ordered. He got another bowl and put food in it. And then he put it in Jack's hands. He'll need a full cleanup before he's allowed in the tank, and he will have to have the mask whenever he's inside.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:34:19 PM by Kitty »

Solokov

« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2019, 04:38:39 PM »
Rúnar rubbed his eyes. Sanni was the mage girl, right? :iceland: "Stay at least ten meters away from him" he ordered. He got another bowl and put food in it. And then he put it in Jack's hands. He'll need a full cleanup before he's allowed in the tank, and he will have to have the mask whenever he's inside.

Jack stares in confusion but makes his way to a rock nearby, about fifteen or so meters away and sits on it to eat.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2019, 12:28:53 AM »

Sanni, who had just made her way out of the tank to get some food, stopped in her tracks. :norway: "...yes?" she started to say, but was cut off by Rúnar's order. She sighed and nodded to him, then turned back to Axel. :norway: "What do you need?" she asked.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2019, 09:09:44 AM »
Sanni, who had just made her way out of the tank to get some food, stopped in her tracks. :norway: "...yes?" she started to say, but was cut off by Rúnar's order. She sighed and nodded to him, then turned back to Axel. :norway: "What do you need?" she asked.

:norway: "Talk to the weird foreign mage guy, apparently he needs someone who can 'see' magic and Runar doesn't count."

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2019, 09:16:49 AM »

:norway: "Talk to the weird foreign mage guy, apparently he needs someone who can 'see' magic and Runar doesn't count."

:iceland: "Also, you wouldn't happen to have a test kit with you, would you? It would be good to see whether he is immune or not. If he is, we could just clean him up, without worrying he is potentially contagious to you" Rúnar said. He knew he didn't bring a test kit along. He didn't expect to have to test anybody's immunity.
Although, the kitten seemed to enjoy Jack's company. She was rubbing her head with his face, still sitting on his shoulder.
She also meowed expectantly. Rúnar went to get her food.

Solokov

« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2019, 10:48:30 AM »
the kitten seemed to enjoy Jack's company. She was rubbing her head with his face, still sitting on his shoulder.
She also meowed expectantly.

Jack tries to ignore the weird languages and focuses on the food. It's the first warm meal he's eaten in about a week.

'... What services can I even provide them for this meal...they have no animals to herd... no messages to deliver... information?.. but I still don't know if they're conquerors... ' He ponders this, clearly not even considering getting their wards into proper order a 'service' that can be bartered for since it's a basic necessity of survival, '... Hopefully they honour guest-right...'
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2019, 10:57:37 AM »
Jack tries to ignore the weird languages and focuses on the food. It's the first warm meal he's eaten in about a week.

'... What services can I even provide them for this meal...they have no animals to herd... no messages to deliver... information?.. but I still don't know if they're conquerors... ' He ponders this, clearly not even considering getting their wards into proper order a 'service' that can be bartered for since it's a basic necessity of survival, '... Hopefully they honour guest-right...'

Rúnar approached him with an open can of tuna. Kitten hopped off of Jack's shoulder, and started eating from the can he placed on the ground for her.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2019, 11:04:05 AM »

Sanni nodded. :norway: "I'll see what I can do."

:iceland: "Also, you wouldn't happen to have a test kit with you, would you? It would be good to see whether he is immune or not. If he is, we could just clean him up, without worrying he is potentially contagious to you" Rúnar said. He knew he didn't bring a test kit along. He didn't expect to have to test anybody's immunity.
Although, the kitten seemed to enjoy Jack's company. She was rubbing her head with his face, still sitting on his shoulder.
She also meowed expectantly. Rúnar went to get her food.

Turning to Rúnar, she grinned. :iceland: "Yes, I have one. Let me go get it; I'll be right back."
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2019, 11:07:49 AM »

Ylva didn't stop staring at Jack, golden eyes boring into him.