Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72497 times)

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2019, 12:08:23 PM »
Amelia sighed heavily and held her head, rubbing her right temple with her thumb while she thought for a moment then she looked back up at Axel.

:france: "Dear god" :norway: "And here i thought this was going to be easy. We'll have to ask him again later, or tomorrow. For now, ask him what he intends to do. We need to sleep, but with him and potentially other uninfected around, we have to take shifts staying awake, so nobody comes and steals our things"

She turned to Anne.

:norway: "Since we can't get anything out of this guy for now, you're going to scout the planned route, we can take a look at the map when we get back. Can you start night-scouting now or do you need a day to change schedule?"

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #271 on: September 13, 2019, 12:26:51 PM »
Rúnar meanwhile, returned to the tank. First of all, he wordlessly gave Elin a bottle of water and salty crackers, so that she eats something while the dinner's cooking.
Then he went to make food.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2019, 01:36:42 PM »
Amelia sighed heavily and held her head, rubbing her right temple with her thumb while she thought for a moment then she looked back up at Axel.

:france: "Dear god" :norway: "And here i thought this was going to be easy. We'll have to ask him again later, or tomorrow. For now, ask him what he intends to do. We need to sleep, but with him and potentially other uninfected around, we have to take shifts staying awake, so nobody comes and steals our things"

She turned to Anne.

:norway: "Since we can't get anything out of this guy for now, you're going to scout the planned route, we can take a look at the map when we get back. Can you start night-scouting now or do you need a day to change schedule?"

Jack quietly stands there listening, before he digs through his messenger bag and starts flipping through a tattered looking book, and occasionally glances up as though trying to catch a word.

"Doo...are normaneer?"

Very mangled Norwegian from someone trying to pronounce the language based off having only seen it written: [You are Normans?]
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

luca0483

• DeviantArt
« Reply #273 on: September 13, 2019, 02:40:47 PM »
Rúnar meanwhile, returned to the tank. First of all, he wordlessly gave Elin a bottle of water and salty crackers, so that she eats something while the dinner's cooking.
Then he went to make food.

As Rúnar left, Amelia shouted after him: :norway: "Turn on the radio when you get there!"

Jack quietly stands there listening, before he digs through his messenger bag and starts flipping through a tattered looking book, and occasionally glances up as though trying to catch a word.

"Doo...are normaneer?"

Very mangled Norwegian from someone trying to pronounce the language based off having only seen it written: [You are Normans?]

Amelia looked at Jack, and her right eye twitched once 'What the hell is up with this guy? Is he trying to speak Norwegian?'

A surprised smile formed on har face. She dug her 8 inch by 6 inch notepad out of her satchel and quickly flipped through it to find a page that wasn't covered in math equations.
She jutted something down, then showed the note to Jack

On it was a big question mark, and two words in capital letters: NORDMENN, and NORMANNERE (Norwegian for norwegians and normans, respectively).

:norway: "Which did you mean?" Amelia asked Jack

Temteno

« Reply #274 on: September 13, 2019, 03:08:16 PM »

She turned to Anne.

Anne sighed slightly as she listened and ruffled her hair. Small frustration was on her face as the communication was too unclear for her.

Amelia's words to her made her attentiom to get back and she thought it, smiling slightly.
:sweden: "It's my duty, I can do the night scouting now", she said with a confidence.
:sweden: "I slept in the ship anyways."

It didn't change the fact that changing her schedule would be pain, but she didn't join to this expedition only to be an extra weight.

When the weird human came to interact with Amelia, Anne stood besides the woman and waited for further instructions. Man, she was hungry.

Hopefully Runar was a good cook.

Solokov

« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
As Rúnar left, Amelia shouted after him: :norway: "Turn on the radio when you get there!"

Amelia looked at Jack, and her right eye twitched once 'What the hell is up with this guy? Is he trying to speak Norwegian?'

A surprised smile formed on har face. She dug her 8 inch by 6 inch notepad out of her satchel and quickly flipped through it to find a page that wasn't covered in math equations.
She jutted something down, then showed the note to Jack

On it was a big question mark, and two words in capital letters: NORDMENN, and NORMANNERE (Norwegian for norwegians and normans, respectively).

:norway: "Which did you mean?" Amelia asked Jack

Jack shrugs and holds up his book and motions to it as though asking 'aren't they the same?'

The book is tattered and ancient, and probably was originally a very heavy duty tourism guide, the title is barely readable, ':england: Winery's and Cheesieries of Normandy and Norway with local transliteration'. There also is the outline of the country of France and the faded shapes of the Normandy region of France, and all of Norway hi-lighted and tucked within the shape of France as though both are to be found there.

Spoiler: ooc • show
I have been waiting to drop that as the source of Jack's knowledge of Norwegian since I mentioned he'd found a book.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:31:31 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

luca0483

• DeviantArt
« Reply #276 on: September 13, 2019, 04:45:33 PM »
Anne sighed slightly as she listened and ruffled her hair. Small frustration was on her face as the communication was too unclear for her.

Amelia's words to her made her attentiom to get back and she thought it, smiling slightly.
:sweden: "It's my duty, I can do the night scouting now", she said with a confidence.
:sweden: "I slept in the ship anyways."

It didn't change the fact that changing her schedule would be pain, but she didn't join to this expedition only to be an extra weight.

When the weird human came to interact with Amelia, Anne stood besides the woman and waited for further instructions. Man, she was hungry.

Hopefully Runar was a good cook.
Jack shrugs and holds up his book and motions to it as though asking 'aren't they the same?'

The book is tattered and ancient, and probably was originally a very heavy duty tourism guide, the title is barely readable, ':england: Winery's and Cheesieries of Normandy and Norway with local transliteration'. There also is the outline of the country of France and the faded shapes of the Normandy region of France, and all of Norway hi-lighted and tucked within the shape of France as though both are to be found there.

:norway: "By Odin, how did they get that so wrong?!?" Amelia exclaimed as she saw the cover of the book.

Amelia motioned for everyone left to follow her to the tank.

:norway: "I'll show you on the map, then you can tell us of scotland after. But first we'll have to sort out this night's scout-run. Actually, first there's food, am i the only one who's getting hungry? Anne, run ahead and tell Sanni to put on the mask before we get there with him, we still don't know if he's infected"

Amelia turns back to Jack while they walk

:norway: "Still, you have to stay at least 15 meters from the car so Sanni can take her mask off to eat"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 04:49:08 PM by luca0483 »

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #277 on: September 13, 2019, 05:26:00 PM »
Rúnar was cooking. Nobody asked him what they found. Nobody paid attention to him.

He was fine with that.

Whatever he was cooking seemed to smell alright, especially considering the fact that it was made from whatever food army gave them that could last for several months.
Mostly it was canned food.
But it wasn't absolutely horrible, so that was nice.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Solokov

« Reply #278 on: September 13, 2019, 05:27:08 PM »
:norway: "By Odin, how did they get that so wrong?!?" Amelia exclaimed as she saw the cover of the book.

:norway: "I'll show you on the map, then you can tell us of scotland after. But first we'll have to sort out this night's scout-run. Actually, first there's food, am i the only one who's getting hungry? Anne, run ahead and tell Sanni to put on the mask before we get there with him, we still don't know if he's infected"

Amelia turns back to Jack while they walk

:norway: "Still, you have to stay at least 15 meters from the car so Sanni can take her mask off to eat"

Jack, looks confused and seems have only caught... Maybe a third of what Amelia was saying.

As they walk towards the tank he glances around apprehensively and looks to Axel, ":scotland: What is she saying... And where is your wardnet? It's getting late demons will start to manifest soon..."

He glances at the tank and relaxes a little on seeing the runes painted on the side of the trailer and looks around again.

He also notes a mild distortion of magic coming from the roof of the tank and from within the machine as well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:44:16 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #279 on: September 13, 2019, 08:09:31 PM »
Jack, looks confused and seems have only caught... Maybe a third of what Amelia was saying.

As they walk towards the tank he glances around apprehensively and looks to Axel, ":scotland: What is she saying... And where is your wardnet? It's getting late demons will start to manifest soon..."

He glances at the tank and relaxes a little on seeing the runes painted on the side of the trailer and looks around again.

He also notes a mild distortion of magic coming from the roof of the tank and from within the machine as well.

:scotland: "Okay, demons manifest at night. Wonderful..." Axel sighed. :scotland: "Okay, we don't have that problem in Norway. Trolls, yes, the occasional angry spirit or ghost, yes, but not demons coming out at night to murder you."
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Solokov

« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2019, 08:27:50 PM »
:scotland: "Okay, demons manifest at night. Wonderful..." Axel sighed. :scotland: "Okay, we don't have that problem in Norway. Trolls, yes, the occasional angry spirit or ghost, yes, but not demons coming out at night to murder you."

":scotland: So.... no wardnet... who's your warder then? Those greatwards are good to keep most fiends away, but they and I will need to set up a proper net before it gets dark."

He begins rummaging through his messenger bag and pulling out the lacquered wooden plates he'd only just put away. There's quite a few of them and each of them has what appears to be a specific runic mark carved into the surface and marked with paint and finished with the lacquer coating for longevity.

Even jumbled and out of order the plates have some form of power and create something of a lensed effect around them.

Jack is quietly mumbling to himself, the words even more indistinct because of the low speaking and his wool scarf.

"won't need these ones... too much moisture in the air for banshees...maybe?.. but [indistinct]..."

He looks up and  asks a pointed question, "You have paint right?"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 01:38:14 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #281 on: September 13, 2019, 11:00:18 PM »
Abandoning her conversation with Elin, Sanni shook off melancholy and sat up straight, tapping the other woman lightly on the arm. :iceland: "Look! Who is that?" An excessively tall figure had returned with the others. Eyes wide, Sanni tried her hardest to hear what they were saying, but only made out some garbled language that didn't sound Scandinavian at all.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #282 on: September 14, 2019, 02:29:37 AM »

Anne nodded and started to tighten her pace.
:sweden: "I'm dying of hunger - no worries, I get the information to Sanni."

Rúnar was cooking. Nobody asked him what they found. Nobody paid attention to him.

He was fine with that.

Whatever he was cooking seemed to smell alright, especially considering the fact that it was made from whatever food army gave them that could last for several months.
Mostly it was canned food.
But it wasn't absolutely horrible, so that was nice.

The woman jogged and tank got now closer and closer, seeing Runar cooking outside. She was actually really pleased to the smell and felt her stomach twist.

Anne patted Runar on the shoulder
:sweden:"Thanks for the good work!" she hummed and opened the tank's door.

Abandoning her conversation with Elin, Sanni shook off melancholy and sat up straight, tapping the other woman lightly on the arm. :iceland: "Look! Who is that?" An excessively tall figure had returned with the others. Eyes wide, Sanni tried her hardest to hear what they were saying, but only made out some garbled language that didn't sound Scandinavian at all.

Anne looked at Elin and Sanni who were both there and leaned on the door frame.
:sweden: "Hello both! Sanni, leader said that you have to put a mask on. We don't know if the stranger is infected."

She tried to smile in reassuring way.
:sweden: "Not like we force you to stay inside though! Food is soon ready outside, it smells pretty good."

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #283 on: September 14, 2019, 10:26:09 AM »

Elin sat up and leaned over to get a better view out the window. There she saw an unnaturally tall man with the other members of the crew.

She looked back to Sanni, " :iceland: I think they found someone, but that doesn't make any sense... We've barely been out here for a few hours and things are already going off the rails. Do you think they'll be coming with us?"
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #284 on: September 15, 2019, 01:07:41 AM »
Anne looked at Elin and Sanni who were both there and leaned on the door frame.
:sweden: "Hello both! Sanni, leader said that you have to put a mask on. We don't know if the stranger is infected."

She tried to smile in reassuring way.
:sweden: "Not like we force you to stay inside though! Food is soon ready outside, it smells pretty good."

Sanni gestured to the mask, which she was already wearing. Hearing the second part of Anne's speech, she smiled and called back :norway: "thank you!"

Elin sat up and leaned over to get a better view out the window. There she saw an unnaturally tall man with the other members of the crew.

She looked back to Sanni, " :iceland: I think they found someone, but that doesn't make any sense... We've barely been out here for a few hours and things are already going off the rails. Do you think they'll be coming with us?"

Sanni turned to Elin. :iceland: "I don't know. I haven't any idea what is going on."
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: