Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72495 times)

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #255 on: September 12, 2019, 05:12:41 PM »
Meanwhile, in the tank, Sanni sat, peering out the window. One hand was idly twisting her braids round and round. Finally she spoke, quietly. :iceland: "Do you think it's always going to be like this? I mean, at the first sign of anything, I'm locked in the tank? I told them there aren't any trolls nearby. I'm sure of it." She trailed into silence, realizing how childish she sounded. She muttered sorry under her breath, but in Finnish.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #256 on: September 12, 2019, 05:15:38 PM »
Cat meowed.

Jack speaks quietly at the can, ":scotland: please move off my foot..."
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #257 on: September 12, 2019, 05:29:18 PM »
Meanwhile, in the tank, Sanni sat, peering out the window. One hand was idly twisting her braids round and round. Finally she spoke, quietly. :iceland: "Do you think it's always going to be like this? I mean, at the first sign of anything, I'm locked in the tank? I told them there aren't any trolls nearby. I'm sure of it." She trailed into silence, realizing how childish she sounded. She muttered sorry under her breath, but in Finnish.

Elin looked over at Sanni, the silence had been killing her, " :iceland: Well- uh... I'd say it probably won't be like this. We all have jobs to do out here and once things really get rolling we probably won't have time to be protective like we have been now, and you probably won't have time to be protected either. You have a job to do out here too." Elin smiled weakly, "I know you're not immune but if you signed up to go out here I think you'd have some idea of how to protect yourself too."

Elin lowered her voice, " :iceland: and if it turns out to be like this the whole time I'll sneak you out of the tank every so often as long as you keep your mask on and don't wander off."

She paused for a moment and thought about what Sanni had just said, " :iceland: How do you know whether or not there are trolls nearby? I'm sorry, I just really don't know anything about mage stuff."
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #258 on: September 12, 2019, 05:30:33 PM »
Jack speaks quietly at the can, ":scotland: please move off my foot..."

The kitten stared up at him for a few seconds, and then she obliged. She wasn't on his foot anymore. She was climbing up his trousers.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2019, 05:32:46 PM »
Elin looked over at Sanni, the silence had been killing her, " :iceland: Well- uh... I'd say it probably won't be like this. We all have jobs to do out here and once things really get rolling we probably won't have time to be protective like we have been now, and you probably won't have time to be protected either. You have a job to do out here too." Elin smiled weakly, "I know you're not immune but if you signed up to go out here I think you'd have some idea of how to protect yourself too."

Elin lowered her voice, " :iceland: and if it turns out to be like this the whole time I'll sneak you out of the tank every so often as long as you keep your mask on and don't wander off."

She paused for a moment and thought about what Sanni had just said, " :iceland: How do you know whether or not there are trolls nearby? I'm sorry, I just really don't know anything about mage stuff."

Sanni grinned before she could help herself. :iceland: "Thanks," she said. And she moved to answer Elin's question and the grin slipped away as quickly as it came. "Finnish mages," she went on hesitantly, "can hear...the voices of the trolls. Well, of anything the rash took. So, if there were a troll nearby, I would be able to hear its voice louder than the rest. And I don't. So. There's nothing there."
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #260 on: September 12, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »
Sanni grinned before she could help herself. :iceland: "Thanks," she said. And she moved to answer Elin's question and the grin slipped away as quickly as it came. "Finnish mages," she went on hesitantly, "can hear...the voices of the trolls. Well, of anything the rash took. So, if there were a troll nearby, I would be able to hear its voice louder than the rest. And I don't. So. There's nothing there."

Elin raised her eyebrows, " :iceland: Trolls have voices? What do they sound like? ... If you don't mind me asking. Also it's pretty good that you don'y hear anything right now then."
socks

Solokov

« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2019, 05:56:57 PM »
The kitten stared up at him for a few seconds, and then she obliged. She wasn't on his foot anymore. She was climbing up his trousers.

'why?'

Jack sighs and resigns himself to his fate and waits for the kitten to finish it's climb before he starts collecting his things.

As he waits he glances at the piece of paper that Rúnar had handed him, he is still confused about that.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2019, 05:59:57 PM »
'why?'

Jack sighs and resigns himself to his fate and waits for the kitten to finish it's climb before he starts collecting his things.

As he waits he glances at the piece of paper that Rúnar had handed him, he is still confused about that.

The kitten successfully climbed all the way up and nested herself on Jack's shoulder. She was an ordinary, cute and fluffy kitten, but she wore a strange black collar. She was also purring loudly, now that he reached the shoulder.

The piece of paper had some odd doodle with lots of squares, circles, and a general shape of a snowflake that forgot how to snowflake.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Solokov

« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2019, 06:15:23 PM »
The kitten successfully climbed all the way up and nested herself on Jack's shoulder. She was an ordinary, cute and fluffy kitten, but she wore a strange black collar. She was also purring loudly, now that he reached the shoulder.

The piece of paper had some odd doodle with lots of squares, circles, and a general shape of a snowflake that forgot how to snowflake.

He glances at the cat, the collar, the paper and back and forth a few times.

'this... Is a complex set of runes... That means they should have a proper wardnet at least...'

With that small mystery figured out he collects his things, a messenger bag, a blanket, and several lacquered pieces of wood that had been arranged in a circle around the room. He carefully stuffs them into his messenger bag and decides to re-thread them later.

After a moment's hesitation he ducks his head some and steps out through the ruined door to glance around.

'wow...I really overslept it's almost night now.'
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:48:58 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2019, 06:54:04 PM »
As Jack steps out of the building next to the three others, Amelia pokes her head in to Axel.

:norway: "So, what did he say? Which direction is the nearest surviving settlement?"

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »
Elin raised her eyebrows, " :iceland: Trolls have voices? What do they sound like? ... If you don't mind me asking. Also it's pretty good that you don'y hear anything right now then."

Sanni made a noise that could almost be a laugh, if it weren't so bitter. :iceland: "Very upset," she said.
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2019, 07:19:32 PM »
Sanni made a noise that could almost be a laugh, if it weren't so bitter. :iceland: "Very upset," she said.

Elin blinked, " :iceland: oh, huh. I mean I can't imagine them sounding- erm- good or anything."
socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »
Elin blinked, " :iceland: oh, huh. I mean I can't imagine them sounding- erm- good or anything."

Sanni nodded. :iceland: "No. They're in constant pain, of course not."
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »
Sanni nodded. :iceland: "No. They're in constant pain, of course not."

" :iceland: yeah... it sounds kinda awful that you have to hear that all the time." Elin's voice trailed off, then she spoke again, voice just a little bit brighter, "That'll probably come in handy on this trip, though, so I guess it's not entirely bad."
socks

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #269 on: September 13, 2019, 08:39:43 AM »
As Jack steps out of the building next to the three others, Amelia pokes her head in to Axel.

:norway: "So, what did he say? Which direction is the nearest surviving settlement?"

:norway: "All I got out of him was that whatever's over the hill is troll-infested. I don't think he's all there," the burly man said.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.