Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72486 times)

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2019, 10:34:33 AM »
Sanni removed her gloves and apron, then hesitated. :iceland: "Should I take off my mask in proximity to these things?" She gestured at the blood-flecked gloves and apron in the box.

Rúnar debated that for a few moments. :iceland: "It would be wiser not to" he then agreed. "Wash your hands" he ordered, handing her the soap. He took the water and poured some of it on her hands.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2019, 10:39:31 AM »
Sanni grimaced. She knew what Elin would think of her reasons--she knew what most people thought of her reasons. She didn't need another person worried more for her sanity than she already was. Of course, Elin had been kind to her so far, and part of her felt she owed it to tell her...but... :iceland: "I--I'd really rather not," she said finally. "I'm sorry. Maybe another time?"

" :iceland: That's okay, I get it," Elin said, trying for a smile, "We're all stuck on this mission now anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter why any of us are here anyway."

Rúnar returned from the tank it a simple, translucent plastic box, an extra jacket, soap, water and both liquid disinfectant and one in spray.

:icelandic: "I am not good at remembering names. I apologize. Take the jacket off and drop it on the ground" he ordered Elin. "Gloves, mask, apron, tools, into the box" he ordered Sanni.

Elin removed her jacket, which was still a bit sticky, and dropped it on the ground. She glanced at the new jacket, I hope that one will fit.
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2019, 10:41:26 AM »
Rúnar debated that for a few moments. :iceland: "It would be wiser not to" he then agreed. "Wash your hands" he ordered, handing her the soap. He took the water and poured some of it on her hands.

" :iceland: That's okay, I get it," Elin said, trying for a smile, "We're all stuck on this mission now anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter why any of us are here anyway."

Elin removed her jacket, which was still a bit sticky, and dropped it on the ground. She glanced at the new jacket, I hope that one will fit.

As Sanni washed, she looked over at Elin. :iceland: "Thank you," she said quietly.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #183 on: September 07, 2019, 10:50:40 AM »
As Sanni washed, she looked over at Elin. :iceland: "Thank you," she said quietly.

Elin thought she heard Sanni say something like "thank you" but she wasn't quite sure if Sanni had said anything because it was so quiet. Elin decided to smile back to Sanni, even if Sanni hadn't said anything.
socks

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2019, 11:07:20 AM »
:iceland: "Your turn, wash your hands" Rúnar ordered Elin, repeating the same process. Then he put the liquid disinfectant on their hands, to rub it in, and cleaned up Elin's wound with both the disinfectant and the spray. He used the spray Elin's clothes and hair, too. And Sanni's hair, face-mask, arms and clothes. Neither stepped in the remains of the grosslings, so that was fine. "Go on the tank roof, both of you. Keep the mask on, since you will be outside. Just make sure it stays in the sun. I will clean the filters when you are safe in the tank." With that, he took the box inside and placed it in the UV chamber, setting the time to 2 hours. Then he went out to figure out what to do with the jacket.
Full of grossling blood, torn sleeve. Nobody had other dirty clothes yet, but he couldn't just let contaminated thing to be inside the tank like that.
Hand-washing it is.
He took the necessities out of the trailer and filled the big bucket with water from the ship's supply. Why should they already waste their own?
He started to intensively scrub the blood off the jacket. He'll change water at least two times to make sure it's all well and clean. And then use the disinfectant. Or put it in the UV when other things are done. Or just dry it in direct sunlight for a day.
Sunlight.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2019, 12:19:44 PM »
:iceland: "Your turn, wash your hands" Rúnar ordered Elin, repeating the same process. Then he put the liquid disinfectant on their hands, to rub it in, and cleaned up Elin's wound with both the disinfectant and the spray. He used the spray Elin's clothes and hair, too. And Sanni's hair, face-mask, arms and clothes. Neither stepped in the remains of the grosslings, so that was fine. "Go on the tank roof, both of you. Keep the mask on, since you will be outside. Just make sure it stays in the sun. I will clean the filters when you are safe in the tank." With that, he took the box inside and placed it in the UV chamber, setting the time to 2 hours. Then he went out to figure out what to do with the jacket.
Full of grossling blood, torn sleeve. Nobody had other dirty clothes yet, but he couldn't just let contaminated thing to be inside the tank like that.
Hand-washing it is.
He took the necessities out of the trailer and filled the big bucket with water from the ship's supply. Why should they already waste their own?
He started to intensively scrub the blood off the jacket. He'll change water at least two times to make sure it's all well and clean. And then use the disinfectant. Or put it in the UV when other things are done. Or just dry it in direct sunlight for a day.
Sunlight.

Elin rubbed her hands with the disinfectant then washed them. She then headed up to the roof of the tank, giving a slightly confused but primarily frustrated glance back at Rúnar for all his pushiness.

socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2019, 12:44:11 PM »
Hand-washing it is.
Sunlight.

Sanni nodded. :iceland: "Thank you again, I'm sorry for the trouble" she said, smiling briefly at Rúnar. She followed Elin out of the tank and clambered onto the roof.
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2019, 12:58:18 PM »
Elin layed* down on the roof of the tank and stretched out. She turned to look at Sanni, " :iceland: So what exactly do we do now? Just wait? How long do you think he'll take?"

Some short curls fell loose from one of Elin's braids, she blew it out of her face, " :iceland: I wish we at least had some board games or something."
socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2019, 01:05:51 PM »
Elin layed* down on the roof of the tank and stretched out. She turned to look at Sanni, " :iceland: So what exactly do we do now? Just wait? How long do you think he'll take?"

Some short curls fell loose from one of Elin's braids, she blew it out of her face, " :iceland: I wish we at least had some board games or something."

Sanni laughed softly. :iceland: "Board games? I don't know how long he'll take. I think he's hoping the sun will sterilize any remaining infection. But--why board games?"
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2019, 01:14:31 PM »
Sanni laughed softly. :iceland: "Board games? I don't know how long he'll take. I think he's hoping the sun will sterilize any remaining infection. But--why board games?"

Elin, still laying down, raised her arms, " :iceland: Why not board games? Would you rather just flip through newspapers in silence? Newspapers are silly anyway, what am I gonna do with it? Read it? That's so boring. Anyway, board games are fun and sitting and doing nothing is not."
socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2019, 01:21:42 PM »
Elin, still laying down, raised her arms, " :iceland: Why not board games? Would you rather just flip through newspapers in silence? Newspapers are silly anyway, what am I gonna do with it? Read it? That's so boring. Anyway, board games are fun and sitting and doing nothing is not."

Sanni looked at Elin in confusion. :iceland: "We could just sit here. Look at the ocean." She leaned forward, wrapping her arms around her knees and staring out at the water, any sign of land lost to view. I hope I've made the right decision. Gods, what if I didn't? I'm not old enough to die yet, I still have things to figure out. Emerging from such thoughts, Sanni let out a short, frustrated breath, shaking her head slightly. "Why did you come on the expedition?" she asked shyly.
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2019, 01:37:23 PM »
Sanni looked at Elin in confusion. :iceland: "We could just sit here. Look at the ocean." She leaned forward, wrapping her arms around her knees and staring out at the water, any sign of land lost to view. I hope I've made the right decision. Gods, what if I didn't? I'm not old enough to die yet, I still have things to figure out. Emerging from such thoughts, Sanni let out a short, frustrated breath, shaking her head slightly. "Why did you come on the expedition?" she asked shyly.

Elin propped herself up with her arms, " :iceland: I- uh- I needed a vacation and some friends," she clearly lied, chuckling nervously.

Elin sighed and looked over at Sanni. Sanni was nice and all but Elin didn't want the mess that she was to follow her on this trip. There was a chance everyone would still figure out why she was on this trip with Anne having recognized her and all, but Elin wasn't quite ready to be judged yet. Elin felt like she and Sanni were are pretty good terms, maybe even friends, she didn't want to take a chance at ruining that just yet.

Elin took a deep breath, letting the cool, sea air fill her lungs, " :iceland: If you really want to know, ask me later."

socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2019, 01:40:00 PM »
Elin propped herself up with her arms, " :iceland: I- uh- I needed a vacation and some friends," she clearly lied, chuckling nervously.

Elin sighed and looked over at Sanni. Sanni was nice and all but Elin didn't want the mess that she was to follow her on this trip. There was a chance everyone would still figure out why she was on this trip with Anne having recognized her and all, but Elin wasn't quite ready to be judged yet. Elin felt like she and Sanni were are pretty good terms, maybe even friends, she didn't want to take a chance at ruining that just yet.

Elin took a deep breath, letting the cool, sea air fill her lungs, " :iceland: If you really want to know, ask me later."

Of course. If Sanni had her secrets, so would they. :iceland: "Fair enough," she said. "Maybe someday we'll trade stories. Or maybe not." She glanced at Elin, then back out at the sea, completely absorbed in her thoughts.
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2019, 01:42:20 PM »
Of course. If Sanni had her secrets, so would they. :iceland: "Fair enough," she said. "Maybe someday we'll trade stories. Or maybe not." She glanced at Elin, then back out at the sea, completely absorbed in her thoughts.

" :iceland: Yeah, maybe..." Elin said, laying back down and drumming her fingers on the roof of the tank.
socks

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2019, 01:50:18 PM »
While they were talking, Rúnar finished washing the jacket. Cleaned from blood, he put it to dry in direct sunlight. He then washed his hands again and disinfected them with the spray. Along with his beard. Just in case.
Then he went in the tank and opened all four doors. He started to paint a rune on the tank floor.