Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72491 times)

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2019, 02:33:14 PM »
:norway: "Yes, it's immensely funny until it kills most of your family," Axel replied in an utterly dead tone.
Seeing the crew clearly preparing either for a fight or an extreme fishing expedition, he hefted his own harpoon.

Emelia stopped and looked Axel in the eyes, her expression devoid of the jauntiness from a moment ago
:norway: "It is for our fallen that we must keep laughing. If we don't live our life to our fullest, what did they die for?"

She paused and looked out to sea, the first signs of winter on the breeze.
:norway: "...i'm going downstairs to eat some damn breakfast. You should too"

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2019, 02:59:34 PM »
Emelia stopped and looked Axel in the eyes, her expression devoid of the jauntiness from a moment ago
:norway: "It is for our fallen that we must keep laughing. If we don't live our life to our fullest, what did they die for?"

She paused and looked out to sea, the first signs of winter on the breeze.
:norway: "...i'm going downstairs to eat some damn breakfast. You should too"

Axel watched her go, gaze devoid of anything resembling an expression.
Then, as she walked of earshot, he chuckled softly.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2019, 04:06:17 PM »
Anne snorted out of laughter.
:sweden: "I'm glad you and the others were here, really."
She brushed her hair and sat on the opposite side of Runar. She pressed her head against the table and tried to ease her aching body. Her stomach was full now, so she didn't touch her porridge anymore.

The woman glanced at Runar. She stared him for a some point, until her eyes brightened.
:sweden: "Oh, I think I never asked, but what are those symbols that you were painting on to the tank?" she asked suddenly from the man. Anne tried to get her focus away from the fact that the attack of very weird rash creatures just happened - and ended pretty absurdly too.

Oh no, please let me eat in peace. Why is she here? :norway: "It's a rune. It magics gross s*** away."

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2019, 09:23:32 PM »
Oh no, please let me eat in peace. Why is she here? :norway: "It's a rune. It magics gross s*** away."

Elin idly tapped her foot and eavesdropped while Sanni worked on her stitches. Elin was having trouble resisting the urge to tap her fingers too.

Elin listened in on Anne and magic man's conversation, waiting for a spot to interject, " :sweden: Wait, so if the magic graffiti magics gross s*** away what exactly happens to the gross s***?"

Elin tried to talk with her hands, but quickly stopped herself when she remembered Sanni's stitching.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:26:26 PM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Temteno

« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2019, 01:57:45 AM »

Anne's expression couldn't be read clearly. Slight skeptic look was on her face. She finally raised her head from the table and crossed her arms.
:sweden: "Pretty cool. I've heard of mages but never seen a one."

Elin listened in on Anne and magic man's conversation, waiting for a spot to interject, " :sweden: Wait, so if the magic graffiti magics gross s*** away what exactly happens to the gross s***?"

Elin tried to talk with her hands, but quickly stopped herself when she remembered Sanni's stitching.

Anne tried to come up with something, but it was really hard and that could be seen from her expression. She shifted on her chair.
:sweden: "I think it depends of magic they use", she tried to answer but clearly struggled with it.
:sweden: "For example, this one guy told me that his girlfriend was, uh, exorcist I think."

The ship was now on the open sea and the crew members were on their jobs now.
One of them walked towards Axel and she swiped the sweat on her face.
:norway: "Hey, do you want some job since you are standing here?"

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2019, 02:46:47 AM »
Elin idly tapped her foot and eavesdropped while Sanni worked on her stitches. Elin was having trouble resisting the urge to tap her fingers too.

Anne's expression couldn't be read clearly. Slight skeptic look was on her face. She finally raised her head from the table and crossed her arms.
:sweden: "Pretty cool. I've heard of mages but never seen a one."

Anne tried to come up with something, but it was really hard and that could be seen from her expression. She shifted on her chair.
:sweden: "I think it depends of magic they use", she tried to answer but clearly struggled with it.
:sweden: "For example, this one guy told me that his girlfriend was, uh, exorcist I think."

:norway: "Gross s*** doesn't wanna be near the rune. It's power's fueled by the gods, and whatever Rash is, it don't like gods." Rúnar says. "And I wouldn't call it :sweden: exorcism. :norway: Reasoning with evil doesn't involve punching it in the face."
Can I go back to eating please, none of you believe me anyway.

Temteno

« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2019, 04:19:39 AM »
:norway: "Gross s*** doesn't wanna be near the rune. It's power's fueled by the gods, and whatever Rash is, it don't like gods." Rúnar says. "And I wouldn't call it :sweden: exorcism. :norway: Reasoning with evil doesn't involve punching it in the face."
Can I go back to eating please, none of you believe me anyway.

He is mocking me.
Anne looked at Runar and inhaled deeply.
:sweden: "The runes are new to me honestly. I didn't know mages use things like that", she said.
:sweden: "I've only heard about exorcism, like said."
She ruffled her own hair and took her porridge that had gone cold. "Are there differences then in Finnish and Icelandic mages then?"

Anne took a spoonful of the porridge.
:sweden: "I'm just curious, I won't be probably around a lot when the expedition starts for real", she said porridge in her mouth.
:sweden: "You all will be spared from my never-ending questioning", she said with a grin, but her eyes didn't smile.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 05:15:57 AM by Temteno »

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2019, 04:58:52 AM »
He is mocking me.
Anne looked at Runar and inhaled deeply.
:sweden: "The runes are new to me honestly. I didn't know mages use things like that", she said.
:sweden: "I've only heard about exorcism, like said."
She ruffled her own hair and took her porridge that had gone cold. "Are there differences then in Finnish and Icelandic mages then?"

Anne took a spoonful of the porridge.
:sweden: "I'm just curious, I won't be probably a lot around when the expedition starts for real", she said porridge in her mouth.
:sweden: "You all will be spared from my never-ending questioning", she said with a grin, but her eyes didn't smile.

:norway: "It's fine. I don't mind" Rúnar said. I kinda do, but educating people is cool I guess. "Icelandic mages get power from the gods. Runes channel it. Finnish mages have their own. They channel it on their own. They can pray, but it's mostly them. They overdo it, they die. I overdo it, I need a nap. They're good at defending themselves. I barely have any protection. Difference in gods."

Temteno

« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2019, 05:48:04 AM »
:norway: "It's fine. I don't mind" Rúnar said. I kinda do, but educating people is cool I guess. "Icelandic mages get power from the gods. Runes channel it. Finnish mages have their own. They channel it on their own. They can pray, but it's mostly them. They overdo it, they die. I overdo it, I need a nap. They're good at defending themselves. I barely have any protection. Difference in gods."

Anne tried to tie the sparse words of Runar to a bigger picture. She crossed her legs and blinked in realization after few minutes.
:sweden: "So Finnish mages can defend themselves, but they can die of overuse. Icelandic mages are weak in defending themselves, but they can use their magic more."
She propped herself to a better position.
:sweden: "I think I got it. To think there's a system I have never heard of - definitely shows how there are so much things I don't know about."

It didn't matter if Anne didn't believe in them, she looked content enough of learning things she didn't know about.

:sweden: "There is probably- no, there's definitely so much in Silent World."

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2019, 05:51:59 AM »
Anne tried to tie the sparse words of Runar to a bigger picture. She crossed her legs and blinked in realization after few minutes.
:sweden: "So Finnish mages can defend themselves, but they can die of overuse. Icelandic mages are weak in defending themselves, but they can use their magic more."
She propped herself to a better position.
:sweden: "I think I got it. To think there's a system I have never heard of - definitely shows how there are so much things I don't know about."

It didn't matter if Anne didn't believe in them, she looked content enough of learning things she didn't know about.

:sweden: "There is probably- no, there's definitely so much in Silent World."

:norway: "Yes. Runes I'll make protect us" he said. "Silent World's very dangerous." With that, he continued eating.

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2019, 07:38:44 AM »

Sanni winced. :iceland: "Please. I'm almost done." She steadied Elin's arm and finished the last few stitches. "You're fine now."
She stood up, unsure what to do with her gloves and apron now that they were contaminated with Elin's blood. There was too much discussion in the room for her to ask, so she listened as Rúnar explained the differences between Icelandic and Finnish mages, tensing when he mentioned that she could technically die of overuse. She didn't need them worrying about her more than they clearly already were. When the talk died down, she held up her hands. :iceland: "Ah--I'm sorry, what should I do with these things?"
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2019, 08:05:59 AM »
:norway: "Just take them off and put them on the ground, we'll wash it later in the ship's washery"

Amelia had just entered from the deck. She sat down at the table and found her plate of sloop, most of its original contents now littering the surrounding area with the rest of the spill and blood. Regardless, Amelia dug into what was left.

:norway: "Also don't worry about the rash, doesn't survive long outside a host, should be fine now"

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2019, 09:13:14 AM »
Sanni winced. :iceland: "Please. I'm almost done." She steadied Elin's arm and finished the last few stitches. "You're fine now."
She stood up, unsure what to do with her gloves and apron now that they were contaminated with Elin's blood. There was too much discussion in the room for her to ask, so she listened as Rúnar explained the differences between Icelandic and Finnish mages, tensing when he mentioned that she could technically die of overuse. She didn't need them worrying about her more than they clearly already were. When the talk died down, she held up her hands. :iceland: "Ah--I'm sorry, what should I do with these things?"

:norway: "Just take them off and put them on the ground, we'll wash it later in the ship's washery"

Amelia had just entered from the deck. She sat down at the table and found her plate of sloop, most of its original contents now littering the surrounding area with the rest of the spill and blood. Regardless, Amelia dug into what was left.

:norway: "Also don't worry about the rash, doesn't survive long outside a host, should be fine now"

:norway: "NOPE. Full disinfection. Come" Rúnar said, getting up. He gently, but absolutely sternly, pushed Sanni out. "You too!" he ordered, pointing at the injured woman.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »

Elin grinned, " :iceland: thank you!"

She happily stretched out her arms.

:norway: "NOPE. Full disinfection. Come" Rúnar said, getting up. He gently, but absolutely sternly, pushed Sanni out. "You too!" he ordered, pointing at the injured woman

Elin jumped, " :sweden: AaAaa! Me? Okay."

Elin followed after the two.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:39:24 AM by ILoveMySocksAndSweater »
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Temteno

« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2019, 09:49:42 AM »
:norway: "Yes. Runes I'll make protect us" he said. "Silent World's very dangerous." With that, he continued eating.

Anne could only nod to him and agree with the last statement. She continued to eat the end of her porridge, until the plate was finally empty.

When Runar went to get disinfection to Sanni and Elin, Anne leaned now ahainst the wall and sat on her seat. The ship rocked and now it was again calm after the whole incident with the creatures.

The woman's face fell neutral and tired for some time as she lulled in her own thoughts. After some time being quiet, she looked at Amelia and cleared her throat.
:sweden: "Looks like you and Axel finished the things up there", she said as a conversation starter and a smile on face.

:sweden: "Also me letting the creature past me: that won't happen in the expedition again."
Anne felt for some reason a need to explain herself.