Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72497 times)

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2019, 03:52:31 PM »
Amelia had gotten a bowl of sloop and was about to dig in, when the... "thing"... slammed against the window.

:norway: "Hva faen?!"

She jumped from her seat and drew her axe, staring at where the aberration had just been.

At hearing Vilma's words, Amelia's face lit up, though with what emotion was hard to decipher. When Sanni herself chimed in, Amelia reached over with her left hand and held back the strap so Sanni could put on the mask with one motion.
:iceland: "Yes, right now!"

Elin stood up and moved protectively in front of Sanni and some of the others, placing her hand on the sheath of her knife. Maybe she didn't understand all this mage stuff, but she did understand how to stab things.
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2019, 04:09:56 PM »
Sanni had watched the frog-things leaping with mild curiosity, but when one slammed against the window she jumped involuntarily. She gathered her composure as quickly as she could, hoping nobody was paying attention to her, but when she looked up, several of her crewmates were pointing. Most definitely talking about her.
She heard Elin ask if she needed to get a mask, and shook her head, holding up the one she had.
:iceland: "Do I need to put this on?" she asked.
The Icelandic mage who had drawn a roof on the ceiling of the tank walked over to her, handed her a piece of paper. She studied it: a rune.
:iceland: "Thank you," she said, smiling a little.

:iceland: "Yes, put the mask on" Rúnar said. He stood appropriately far from her and placed his hands together in a wordless prayer.
Somebody who is a Finnish mage could clearly see the protective rune form around him, slowly growing until the whole room was encompassed. He then started to make it even larger, praying for the creatures to go away.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2019, 04:14:27 PM »
Sanni pulled the mask on quickly, eyes wide, and put Rúnar's rune in her pocket.
:iceland: "Sorry--they can't get in, can they?"

:iceland: "Don't know, hope not, but Vilma said you might not be safe. That's enough for me to start follow protocol. I'll ask"

She looked to Vilma
:norway: "Did i understand right that it is not safe for her to be here? Why, can they get in? If the deck is unsafe, how do we get her back to the tank?"

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2019, 04:15:51 PM »
:iceland: "Yes, put the mask on" Rúnar said. He stood appropriately far from her and placed his hands together in a wordless prayer.
Somebody who is a Finnish mage could clearly see the protective rune form around him, slowly growing until the whole room was encompassed. He then started to make it even larger, praying for the creatures to go away.

Sanni watched in amazement as the rune grew, sweeping over the floor and tables, darting bright across the heads of her companions. Nothing like this happened with her magic; she needed words, but here was Rúnar, silently bringing this glowing sign to life. She decided then that when everyone was done fearing for her life she would need to learn what she could about Icelandic magic.

She heard Amelia talking to her--something about not being safe--but was too busy examining the rune to focus.
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »
Axel smiled. It was a horrifying expression.
He then stood, unslinging both harpoon and shield from his back as he headed for the stairs up to the deck.

When Axel arrived to the deck, it was indeed quite a sight.

The free crew members had their short swords, few spears and even less shields. All of them were smacking away the jumping creatures that, after the jump on the deck, wriggled around like something had cursed them all. One creature had taken a tight grip from one crew members leg and chomped it's needle-like teeth on the man's flesh. One other member had a one on their arm and they all were occupied with the creatures that, after being smacked away, jumped back to the deck.

Spear impaled one and it let out a horrifying screech, making more of the creatures to wriggle and jump around.
One jumped in front of Axel and tried to get a grip of his ankle.

Anne had abandoned her porridge and looked how everybody had taken quick care of Sanni. She tried to somehow clean herself up and was now standing. Vilma ate calmly there and talked with the few crew members, having her eye on them in case something seemed to get inside.

She looked to Vilma
:norway: "Did i understand right that it is not safe for her to be here? Why, can they get in? If the deck is unsafe, how do we get her back to the tank?"

Vilma ate her porridge.
:norway: "It's hard to say. We haven't had before a non-immune member in this ship. There has always been a lost soul somewhere so it's better to be safe than sorry."

Another creature tried to slam against the window again, but it let out a horrible shriek that someone next to the window could hear clearly. The body fell to the water, looking like a burnt meat with slime layer on it.

Anne looked at them.
:sweden: "I will check the deck of what there's going on", she said to expedition members, as it was clear that Sanni was safe with the other three. The woman got only the stairs up and stared the chaos that was going on there.
:sweden: "Sweet afterlife-", she mumbled and drew out her own short sword, standing on the deck close to stairway and making sure that nobody jumps in.

-

Sanni could hear a mess of voices screaming over each other. Some could be heard under the ship and on the other sides of the walls.

"I'MMM BUURNIING"
"Nom NOM NOM
"I CAN'T BITE"
"digdigdigdig"
"IT's fEasT"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:47:37 PM by Temteno »

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2019, 04:56:05 PM »

The free crew members had their short swords, few spears and even less shields. All of them were smacking away the jumping creatures that, after the jump on the deck, wriggled around like something had cursed them all. One creature had taken a tight grip from one crew members leg and chomped it's needle-like teeth on the man's flesh. One other member had a one on their arm and they all were occupied with the creatures that, after being smacked away, jumped back to the deck.

Spear impaled one and it let out a horrifying screech, making more of the creatures to wriggle and jump around.

Anne had abandoned her porridge and looked how everybody had taken quick care of Sanni. She tried to somehow clean herself up and was now standing. Vilma ate calmly there and talked with the few crew members, having her eye on them in case something seemed to get inside.

Vilma ate her porridge.
:norway: "It's hard to say. We haven't had before a non-immune member in this ship. There has always been a lost soul somewhere so it's better to be safe than sorry."

Another creature tried to slam against the window again, but it let out a horrible shriek that someone next to the window could hear clearly. The body fell to the water, looking like a burnt meat with slime layer on it.

Anne looked at them.
:sweden: "I will check the deck of what there's going on", she said to expedition members, as it was clear that Sanni was safe with the other three. The woman got only the stairs up and stared the chaos that was going on there.
:sweden: "Sweet afterlife-", she mumbled and drew out her own short sword, standing on the deck close to stairway and making sure that nobody jumps in.

-

Sanni could hear a mess of voices screaming over each other. Some could be heard under the ship and on the other sides of the walls.

"I'MMM BUURNIING"
"Nom NOM NOM
"I CAN'T BITE"
"digdigdigdig"
"IT's fEasT"

:iceland: "Odin All-Father, give me wisdom and strength to protect those who cannot protect themselves..." Rúnar mumbled. The rune continued to slowly grow, but it was visibly tiring him at this point.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2019, 06:38:06 PM »

"I'MMM BUURNIING"
"Nom NOM NOM
"I CAN'T BITE"
"digdigdigdig"
"IT's fEasT"

They had been faint before, when the creatures were out in the open sea. Now they were mounting to a painful intensity--slowly, she sighed. She had learned a long time ago that covering her ears wouldn't do any good.

:iceland: "Odin All-Father, give me wisdom and strength to protect those who cannot protect themselves..." Rúnar mumbled. The rune continued to slowly grow, but it was visibly tiring him at this point.

Trying to distract herself, she looked back at the other mage. Rúnar, he had called himself. He wasn't bleeding--that was good--but he looked drained. She stood up.
:iceland: "Y--Rúnar. I think...you can stop. Don't hurt yourself, it sounds like they have it ..." she stopped, listening to the shouts and thuds on deck-- "...under control," she finished.
carpe diem

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »

"I'MMM BUURNIING"
"Nom NOM NOM
"I CAN'T BITE"
"digdigdigdig"
"IT's fEasT"

Axel punted the creature attempting to gnaw on his boot back into the ocean, before harpooning the closest and then smashing the second closest with his shield.
:norway: "YLVA! KILL!"
The wolf rocketed out from under the table and up the stairs, before laying into the creatures with teeth and claws.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Temteno

« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2019, 07:07:36 PM »
Axel punted the creature attempting to gnaw on his boot back into the ocean, before harpooning the closest and then smashing the second closest with his shield.
:norway: "YLVA! KILL!"
The wolf rocketed out from under the table and up the stairs, before laying into the creatures with teeth and claws.

Anne barely dodged the huge dog, when it rocketed besides her from the downstairs. She stared when Axel and the dog seemed to have things under a control and inhaled with an ease.
To help slightly the crew's burden, Anne stabbed few of the closest wriggling messes that had burnt under the sun and kicked them out of the deck. This could be rhetorically fun if they weren't looking so unappealing.

One tried to jump on Anne and she stabbed it swiftly again, throwing it further away. She threw away the slime that got stuck on her hand and looked pretty pleased despite of her being in an alerted state.

That was, until one of the creatures jumped right past her.
Her breath almost locked when it jumped towards the stairway and through the open door. Anne couldn't even think clearly and she jumped right after the creature, trying to catch it with her arms. It only resulted into huge crashing noises as she fell down the stairs right back to the room.

The rash monster got stuck to the stairway due to Runar's barrier, wriggling there like a madman.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2019, 09:20:05 PM »
Anne barely dodged the huge dog, when it rocketed besides her from the downstairs. She stared when Axel and the dog seemed to have things under a control and inhaled with an ease.
To help slightly the crew's burden, Anne stabbed few of the closest wriggling messes that had burnt under the sun and kicked them out of the deck. This could be rhetorically fun if they weren't looking so unappealing.

One tried to jump on Anne and she stabbed it swiftly again, throwing it further away. She threw away the slime that got stuck on her hand and looked pretty pleased despite of her being in an alerted state.

That was, until one of the creatures jumped right past her.
Her breath almost locked when it jumped towards the stairway and through the open door. Anne couldn't even think clearly and she jumped right after the creature, trying to catch it with her arms. It only resulted into huge crashing noises as she fell down the stairs right back to the room.

The rash monster got stuck to the stairway due to Runar's barrier, wriggling there like a madman.

Elin turned around rapidly at the sound of a crash from the stairwell. She turned back to the others, hand still at her knife. Whatever the hell it was Rúnar was doing it seemed to be keeping the trolls from coming any closer, but Elin wasn't familiar with mage stuff and she couldn't be sure how much longer this would hold up.

Elin moved toward the stairwell, " :iceland: I'm gonna check that out, something could've gotten past blonde-lady."

She locked her gaze on Sanni, " :iceland: I'll be back soon. Be safe."

With that as her final word, Elin rushed out into the stairway to find a desperate monster midway down the stairs and an even more desperate Anne fallen down toward the top. Elin raced up the stairs to the squirming troll, as soon as she got close the troll latched onto her arm.

Elin winced, but the troll was nothing compared to some things she'd seen before and it was awfully small as well. Elin shook her arm about, troll was latched on good.

Welp, she thought, here we go, and she drew her knife and drove it straight into the heart of the beast. The troll wiggled a bit and gave short screech as she twisted her knife and pulled it out. The creature fell slack and came of her arm.

Elin made her way back to the others, covered in blood and goo. She stood a bit farther from the others than before, careful not to get any troll stuff near Sanni. She tried for a smile which looked more like a grimace.

" :iceland: Hi," she said shakily, waving at the people she'd been talking to only a few short minutes ago.
socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2019, 09:27:53 PM »
Elin turned around rapidly at the sound of a crash from the stairwell. She turned back to the others, hand still at her knife. Whatever the hell it was Rúnar was doing it seemed to be keeping the trolls from coming any closer, but Elin wasn't familiar with mage stuff and she couldn't be sure how much longer this would hold up.

Elin moved toward the stairwell, " :iceland: I'm gonna check that out, something could've gotten past blonde-lady."

She locked her gaze on Sanni, " :iceland: I'll be back soon. Be safe."

With that as her final word, Elin rushed out into the stairway to find a desperate monster midway down the stairs and an even more desperate Anne fallen down toward the top. Elin raced up the stairs to the squirming troll, as soon as she got close the troll latched onto her arm.

Elin winced, but the troll was nothing compared to some things she'd seen before and it was awfully small as well. Elin shook her arm about, troll was latched on good.

Welp, she thought, here we go, and she drew her knife and drove it straight into the heart of the beast. The troll wiggled a bit and gave short screech as she twisted her knife and pulled it out. The creature fell slack and came of her arm.

Elin made her way back to the others, covered in blood and goo. She stood a bit farther from the others than before, careful not to get any troll stuff near Sanni. She tried for a smile which looked more like a grimace.

" :iceland: Hi," she said shakily, waving at the people she'd been talking to only a few short minutes ago.

That all happened very...quickly, Sanni thought. Elin came back in covered in blood and she stood hurriedly, already reaching for her medic's bag. :iceland: "Is that your blood?" she asked. "Where are you injured?"
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2019, 09:43:05 PM »
That all happened very...quickly, Sanni thought. Elin came back in covered in blood and she stood hurriedly, already reaching for her medic's bag. :iceland: "Is that your blood?" she asked. "Where are you injured?"

Elin looked down at her arm, she hadn't even thought about being injured.

" :iceland: Oh, huh," she said, looking down at some of the blood on her sleeve, her blood, "would'ya look at that."

There was a lot of blood, but most of it wasn't hers, but still some. She looked back to Sanni, " :iceland: just my arm, could you patch that up for me?"

Oh man, Elin thought, I should've been more careful. Now the tiny lady has to do more work and she's non-immune. Oh man...
socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2019, 09:46:26 PM »
Elin looked down at her arm, she hadn't even thought about being injured.

" :iceland: Oh, huh," she said, looking down at some of the blood on her sleeve, her blood, "would'ya look at that."

There was a lot of blood, but most of it wasn't hers, but still some. She looked back to Sanni, " :iceland: just my arm, could you patch that up for me?"

Oh man, Elin thought, I should've been more careful. Now the tiny lady has to do more work and she's non-immune. Oh man...

:iceland: "Of course," said Sanni. In a single motion she had an apron over her head and was tying it on. She adjusted her mask, made sure it was on her face properly, and finally pulled on gloves up to her elbows. "Sorry for the delay. Sit down." Gesturing, she took needle and thread and set about carefully stitching Elin's bite.
carpe diem

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »
:iceland: "Of course," said Sanni. In a single motion she had an apron over her head and was tying it on. She adjusted her mask, made sure it was on her face properly, and finally pulled on gloves up to her elbows. "Sorry for the delay. Sit down." Gesturing, she took needle and thread and set about carefully stitching Elin's bite.

Elin's eyes started tearing up, " :iceland: Thank you, I'm sorry you have to- uh- do all this patching up and stuff. I should've been more careful, I'm so sorry."

Elin kept her arm still, drumming her fingers and tapping her foot, paying no mind to the careful stitching Sanni was doing.
socks

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2019, 09:52:35 PM »
Elin's eyes started tearing up, " :iceland: Thank you, I'm sorry you have to- uh- do all this patching up and stuff. I should've been more careful, I'm so sorry."

Elin kept her arm still, drumming her fingers and tapping her foot, paying no mind to the careful stitching Sanni was doing.

Sanni paused and looked up. :iceland: "It's okay. I know what I signed up for. Don't apologize." She turned back to her work. "Oh, and please don't tap your fingers. Sorry, it's distracting."
carpe diem