Author Topic: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}  (Read 72485 times)

Temteno

Re: ✼ Heeded Highbound: Reboot ✼ {RP}
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2019, 03:10:03 AM »
Amelia replied as the group walked toward the equipment hall with the smaller tires:
:norway: "We already have a map, what's his face - Sirus gave me a copy at the briefing. I doubt we can get a better one of any particular area. Food though, yes, as well as a few rash-masks for Sanni. I'll get those from Vilma. Then there's the bedding. We need 7 blankets, duvets, duvet-covers and sheets, 8 pillows and pillow-covers, and a spare mattress. Less than our engineer wanted, but we'll have to limit our spares"

Anne gave thumb-ups as she was rolling another wrong spare tire away.
:sweden: "I can get the rash masks when I return this tire."

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2019, 06:22:10 AM »
Axel wordlessly pointed at the pile he'd already deposited next to the tank.
Anne gave thumb-ups as she was rolling another wrong spare tire away.
:sweden: "I can get the rash masks when I return this tire."

As Anne rolled the last wrong tire away, Amelia could only gape at the pile deposited by the tank
"When did that get there?", she thought, "While i was putting things into place in the van?"

Gathering herself, she said to Axel:
:norway: "Huh, just rations then, and food kit - both for cooking and eating. We'll also need navigational equipment, but that can come after the food. Lead the way"

Seing the two mages sit on top of the tank, Amelia shouted at them :iceland: "When one of you gets time, we need the bedding put into the bunks and storage"
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 06:24:45 AM by luca0483 »

Temteno

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2019, 12:47:04 PM »
✼ The day went on by everyone packing the trailer and making sure they have enough food, armory and equipment to somehow survive the winter in the Silent World. Runar finished the painting of the rune and started to work on the rust removal. As he started the painting of the tank, everybody were forced to wear masks.Sirus, Vilma and Jaakko visited them few times with some business concerning the ship and its leaving time. Everybody slept in the tank the following night.

The next day, everybody woke up early at 5 am. The tank and the back unit were driven to the ship and every expedition member went there with it. Besides the ship's crew, Vilma wanted to come and oversee their leaving. Sirus just wanted to see a glimpse of the Old World's Scotland.

The ship left Dalsnes half hour ago and would arrive to Selbjørn in under hour where it continues it's trip through the sea. There's not much space in the ship besides the hall where the tank and back unit are, ship's control and engine rooms and the deck. Vilma is talking on the deck with some of the workers. On the outside is slightly windy and everybody can feel the winter coming. ✼

Anne stood outside of the tank, as she was not allowed to go inside there for a good reason.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:06:11 PM by Temteno »

Ragnarok

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • I write things, and I'm okay at that.
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2019, 12:48:24 PM »
Axel is leaning against the tank, staring at the ocean as if he can will it to spontaneously combust.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
Books: :book3: :book4:

I wrote a thing. It has consumed my life.

Reigning champion of time spent on this forum.

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2019, 01:01:23 PM »
Rúnar would be working on the last touches against rust spots on the tank, but he started in the late afternoon yesterday, and it needed 24 hours to dry.
He declared nobody was allowed to touch it until it's dried, and that, sadly, included him. He'll finish it in the Silent World, it seemed.

He also wanted to start painting a rune on the floor of the tank, but it would be polite to let people have breakfast and other morning activities first.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 01:14:50 PM by Kitty »

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Temteno

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2019, 01:54:26 PM »
Anne looked as the other expedition members had mostly free time, herself included. It started to sink in that she would be a whole winter with them in the Silent World, full of mysteries and dangers. Everything that nobody has seen after the Old World crumbled down.
She smiled and clapped her hands together, walking closer to the tank.

:sweden: "Would it be nice to have a meeting now? Since we all have some free time and the trip has officially started."
It wasn't her idea, but Anne herself saw the opportunity here. She had already introduced herself to some people, but others were a total mystery to her. It would be important for them to know each other well since they needed teamwork.

The woman cleared her throat.
:sweden: "I can start. As some of you might know already, I'm Anne-Inga Thorvaldsen and the trip's scout. I don't know how many of you can understand Swedish, but I also speak Danish."
She waited for others to introduce themselves.

ILoveMySocksAndSweater

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • burn things.
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2019, 02:07:35 PM »
Elin leaned over the rail and stared down at the sea, watching the waves and looking for anything in the water. She seemed rather sick but the look on her face didn't say sick. She glared at the water like she was daring something to come out of it. Then she threw up.

Elin trudged over to the tank and slumped against it's side. She then noticed that Anne had asked for people to give introductions.

Elin looked up at the other members of the group, " :iceland: I'm Elin Bergström, I was captain of a team of cleansers, now I'm here to just help out and stuff. I speak Swedish and Icelandic."

Elin repeated herself, this time in Swedish in hopes of getting her introduction around to everybody.
socks

Speaks: :usa:
Learning: :france: :sweden:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2019, 02:09:24 PM »
Anne looked as the other expedition members had mostly free time, herself included. It started to sink in that she would be a whole winter with them in the Silent World, full of mysteries and dangers. Everything that nobody has seen after the Old World crumbled down.
She smiled and clapped her hands together, walking closer to the tank.

:sweden: "Would it be nice to have a meeting now? Since we all have some free time and the trip has officially started."
It wasn't her idea, but Anne herself saw the opportunity here. She had already introduced herself to some people, but others were a total mystery to her. It would be important for them to know each other well since they needed teamwork.

The woman cleared her throat.
:sweden: "I can start. As some of you might know already, I'm Anne-Inga Thorvaldsen and the trip's scout. I don't know how many of you can understand Swedish, but I also speak Danish."
She waited for others to introduce themselves.

Axel let loose a torrent of horrifically Norwegian-accented Swedish. Someone skilled in both languages would probably be able to decipher his name- Axel- his occupation- scout and 'violence dispenser'- and a short diatribe about how he hated the ocean.
Survived: Chapters: :chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2019, 02:22:24 PM »
Elin leaned over the rail and stared down at the sea, watching the waves and looking for anything in the water. She seemed rather sick but the look on her face didn't say sick. She glared at the water like she was daring something to come out of it. Then she threw up.

Elin trudged over to the tank and slumped against it's side. She then noticed that Anne had asked for people to give introductions.

Elin looked up at the other members of the group, " :iceland: I'm Elin Bergström, I was captain of a team of cleansers, now I'm here to just help out and stuff. I speak Swedish and Icelandic."

Elin repeated herself, this time in Swedish in hopes of getting her introduction around to everybody.

Axel let loose a torrent of horrifically Norwegian-accented Swedish. Someone skilled in both languages would probably be able to decipher his name- Axel- his occupation- scout and 'violence dispenser'- and a short diatribe about how he hated the ocean.

Anne twitched when she saw Elin throwing up into the sea and she walked close to her with a small pity on her face. The woman took few used paper tissues from her pocket and tried to offer them to the cleanser to help her clean herself.

Both Axel and Elin were already familiar to Anne, since she had shared introductions with them. Her glance went to Axel though when she heard something about 'violence dispenser' and scout.
:sweden: "Oh, you are also a scout? I don't think I read it from the papers", the woman said with a curious tone.
Anne leaned on the rail.
:sweden: "We can split the scout work then. Are you a day or night scout?"

luca0483

• DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2019, 03:02:04 PM »

Amelia looked like she had just woken up, her hair a little messy and her eyes weary, despite having woken up with the rest a couple of hours earlier.

She chuckled at Axel's remarks.
:norway: "Calm down, it isn't as though we'll be out here for long, a couple of days and then we're back on land"

She looked around at the rest of the crew
:norway: "My name is Amelia, combat engineer in the norwegian army. I'll be leading this expedition, but i'm also an explosives expert. I speak Norwegian and Icelandic"

Kitty

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • blueberry juice
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2019, 04:04:10 PM »
Oh no they're talking what do I do they expect me to join in don't they oh no :sweden: "I'm Rúnar. Icelandic. Mage. Mechanic." He repeats the same in Icelandic.
This was good, right? Right.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2019, 07:48:22 PM »
Anne twitched when she saw Elin throwing up into the sea and she walked close to her with a small pity on her face. The woman took few used paper tissues from her pocket and tried to offer them to the cleanser to help her clean herself.

Both Axel and Elin were already familiar to Anne, since she had shared introductions with them. Her glance went to Axel though when she heard something about 'violence dispenser' and scout.
:sweden: "Oh, you are also a scout? I don't think I read it from the papers", the woman said with a curious tone.
Anne leaned on the rail.
:sweden: "We can split the scout work then. Are you a day or night scout?"

:sweden: "Day," Axel said shortly, and surprisingly intelligibly.

Amelia looked like she had just woken up, her hair a little messy and her eyes weary, despite having woken up with the rest a couple of hours earlier.

She chuckled at Axel's remarks.
:norway: "Calm down, it isn't as though we'll be out here for long, a couple of days and then we're back on land"

She looked around at the rest of the crew
:norway: "My name is Amelia, combat engineer in the norwegian army. I'll be leading this expedition, but i'm also an explosives expert. I speak Norwegian and Icelandic"

:norway: "A couple of days is long enough for things to go horribly wrong and for us to be stuck with only fishing to give us supplies. If that happens, I call dibs on eating the tall one first."
It was very difficult to tell if Axel is joking.
"Also, there's some plastic explosives in that duffel I brought if you want to make use of them."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 07:59:36 PM by Ragnarok »

Nellie McEnt

• Scout
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: she/they/he/it
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2019, 11:23:31 PM »
Sanni looked down from her perch on the top of the tank, which she had discovered she rather liked. Silently, she listened to the others introduce themselves, then said, as loudly as she dared:

:iceland: "I'm Sanni Lampinen. I'm a mage and medic from Finland, and I speak Finnish, Icelandic, and Norwegian. Good to meet you." She paused, and then repeated herself in Norwegian, unsure whether it mattered.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 12:03:53 PM by Nellie McEnt »
Speaks: 🇺🇸/🇬🇧
Learning (and not particularly good at): 🇨🇳, Latin
carpe diem

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Temteno

« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2019, 07:33:34 AM »
Oh no they're talking what do I do they expect me to join in don't they oh no :sweden: "I'm Rúnar. Icelandic. Mage. Mechanic." He repeats the same in Icelandic.
This was good, right? Right.

Sanni looked down from her perch on the top of the tank, which she had discovered she rather liked. Silently, she listened to the others introduce themselves, then said, as loudly as she dared:

:iceland: "I'm Sanni Lampinen. I'm a mage and medic from Finland, and I speak Finnish, Icelandic, and Norwegian. Good to meet you." She paused, and then repeated herself in Norwegian, unsure whether it mattered.

Anne waved to both of them as she didn't catch their names. Looks like she could understand most of the people here, which she had been worried about. Tenseness melted away from her frame.

:sweden: "Day," Axel said shortly, and surprisingly intelligibly.

Anne nodded to his short answer and cringed inside her. She didn't know how much her expression gave away the displease that this outcome gave.
No, she had to think about this positively. At least the work was split now. The woman rubbed her face with tired movements.
:sweden: "I'm also a day scout, but honestly, I've done a lot of night scout's job", she said with a smile.
:sweden: "I can take that since you are also, uh, violence dispenser."
Interesting job title, but she wasn't one to judge it. She learnt new things everyday.

:norway: "A couple of days is long enough for things to go horribly wrong and for us to be stuck with only fishing to give us supplies. If that happens, I call dibs on eating the tall one first."
It was very difficult to tell if Axel is joking.
"Also, there's some plastic explosives in that duffel I brought if you want to make use of them."

Anne waved her hand as dismissing and leaned on the rail.
:sweden: "I would die by starving than get sick and a brain damage", she said with upbeat tone and joking tone, but realized how wrong it sounded. She steered away from the topic quickly.

:sweden: "Now that we have introduced ourselves, is anybody hungry?" she asked with more enthusiastic tone.
:sweden: "I talked with few of the crew members and they promised us food! How generous." she said to all of them and tried to get energy to this group.
Well, the breakfast was semolina porridge but it was better than nothing.
:sweden: "Someone interested to come with me?"

Ragnarok

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2019, 11:56:09 AM »
Anne waved to both of them as she didn't catch their names. Looks like she could understand most of the people here, which she had been worried about. Tenseness melted away from her frame.

Anne nodded to his short answer and cringed inside her. She didn't know how much her expression gave away the displease that this outcome gave.
No, she had to think about this positively. At least the work was split now. The woman rubbed her face with tired movements.
:sweden: "I'm also a day scout, but honestly, I've done a lot of night scout's job", she said with a smile.
:sweden: "I can take that since you are also, uh, violence dispenser."
Interesting job title, but she wasn't one to judge it. She learnt new things everyday.

Anne waved her hand as dismissing and leaned on the rail.
:sweden: "I would die by starving than get sick and a brain damage", she said with upbeat tone and joking tone, but realized how wrong it sounded. She steered away from the topic quickly.

:sweden: "Now that we have introduced ourselves, is anybody hungry?" she asked with more enthusiastic tone.
:sweden: "I talked with few of the crew members and they promised us food! How generous." she said to all of them and tried to get energy to this group.
Well, the breakfast was semolina porridge but it was better than nothing.
:sweden: "Someone interested to come with me?"

Axel just nodded and fell into step behind Anne, footsteps completely silent.