Author Topic: Fan exchanges elsewhere  (Read 10032 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Fan exchanges elsewhere
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2021, 08:24:59 PM »
100 words to express your love of your favourite character(s). 
Or bump them off. 
Or get them to sit down and talk, for once.
Or relate that time Thor from the MCU encountered Sigrun from SSSS.  Oh, and your OC was there too.
Just 100 words, or a multiple thereof.
If that sounds like something you can do, check out the Multifandom Drabble exchange on Dreamwidth and Archive of Our Own.
They're taking nominations for characters and relationships all through next week, and then sign-ups the week after that.
Just 100 words.  You can do this.

Edit:  see Yuuago's clarification below, my bad.  Do join in, though!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 01:59:14 AM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2021, 08:45:28 PM »
Clarification: Multifandom Drabble does nominations based on fandoms only. So you need to make sure that the fandoms you want to request and offer are in the list, but that's all for the nomination stage. Requests need to be at least 3 fandoms (maximum 8 ), and offers need to be at least 3 fandoms (maximum 10).

They do matching by hand rather than Ao3's algorithm, so your characters and relationships go into the Additional Details field when the signup stage opens.

That said, this is a really fun exchange, and I look forward to it every year. : ) I'll be interested in seeing the requests once they go up.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2021, 07:11:07 PM »
There are a couple of exchanges afoot:
Season of Drabbles - a drabble being a work of 100 words or a multiple thereof - in sign-ups now through 5 Sept.  They are also continuing to take character nominations throughout the sign-up period.  You can only nominate 10 characters, so I've nominated 10 each from SSSS and ARtD (might take a while to show up in the tagset), so even if you don't want to take part, you may wish to consider nominating characters for others to work with.  (SSSS still available for nomination: all members of the Quartet, trolls, original characters (incl original mages, original trolls, original characters elsewhere on the globe), all Prologue characters, all siblings of crew members, minor characters like Adm Olsen or Capt Harthardottir...)

Trick or Treat - in tagset nominations now through 8 Sept.  This is often heaps of fun, with a focus on the uncanny.  You can do a trick (horror / dark) or a treat (fluffy).  This one allows art as well as writing.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior