Author Topic: Bugs and things to fix  (Read 150118 times)

Keep Looking

• Bragi
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/them
Re: Bugs and things to fix
« Reply #675 on: August 07, 2022, 02:27:36 AM »
Alrighty, the search function in the reaction image hoard should be working smoothly again!
I write poetry sometimes.

Icon by the amazing Rithalie from the SSSS discord (rithalie-art.tumblr.com)

Ruler of Changi Airport

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #676 on: August 07, 2022, 05:46:36 AM »
Alrighty, the search function in the reaction image hoard should be working smoothly again!
... bar some metadata confusion, I'm afraid ...

Example:
  • Searching with "Filter for Chapter: Other Media" does not yield any matches.
  • Searching for the "AstralSounds" category and clicking the one match open shows "Chapter NaN", then clicking "Edit" does not show any "Chapter", but "Source" is already set to "Other Media".
  • The one match for "SwordInterval" listed "Chapter: Prolouge" [sic!], when I changed "Source" to "Other Media", it changed to "Chapter NaN", too.

(Both images correctly show up when searching for "Non SSSS characters" now, though.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #677 on: August 07, 2022, 06:41:00 AM »
... bar some metadata confusion, I'm afraid ...

Example:
  • Searching with "Filter for Chapter: Other Media" does not yield any matches.
  • Searching for the "AstralSounds" category and clicking the one match open shows "Chapter NaN", then clicking "Edit" does not show any "Chapter", but "Source" is already set to "Other Media".
  • The one match for "SwordInterval" listed "Chapter: Prolouge" [sic!], when I changed "Source" to "Other Media", it changed to "Chapter NaN", too.

(Both images correctly show up when searching for "Non SSSS characters" now, though.)

Ah, that's not great! I'll see if I can find the issue for that this week. I'm glad that the character tags are working, but there must be something that's not lined up quite right with the chapter/source tags.

Ruler of Changi Airport

JoB

« Reply #678 on: December 05, 2022, 03:17:27 AM »
I'm getting timeouts from the server quite frequently lately (like ~15m before now, i.e., 05-Dec 8 am UTC), am I just (repeatedly) picking the wrong time to try or ... ?
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #679 on: December 06, 2022, 07:21:20 PM »
I'm getting timeouts from the server quite frequently lately (like ~15m before now, i.e., 05-Dec 8 am UTC), am I just (repeatedly) picking the wrong time to try or ... ?

I've got no idea what's going on because I haven't changed anything on the forum recently, but you're not the only person experiencing this - I also couldn't load the forum 15 minutes ago as it kept timing out. It's probably an issue on the hosting end but if it keeps happening I'll see what can be done to address it.

Ruler of Changi Airport

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #680 on: December 15, 2022, 10:39:42 AM »
I can't find anywhere what is current Forum time, because I have my settings for my own timezone. I know it's somewhere, but where oh where?
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #681 on: December 15, 2022, 02:20:41 PM »
I can't find anywhere what is current Forum time, because I have my settings for my own timezone. I know it's somewhere, but where oh where?
Funny, I never knew that one could change the forum time... :)

To (try) to answer your question, the Forum time seems to be GMT-5, i.e. US Eastern Time zone (New York)

BTW I'm also getting time-outs quite often these days. I'd like to ask Keep to ask someone if there's any problem...
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #682 on: December 15, 2022, 02:30:26 PM »
I couldn't get at the board either late last night (NYState, Eastern Standard Time) or this morning. This morning was a standard timeout message; last night I think I just got an entirely blank window or something like that -- I was sleepy and now can't remember.

lwise

• Scout
« Reply #683 on: December 15, 2022, 03:14:57 PM »
I got a database error.

JoB

« Reply #684 on: December 15, 2022, 04:12:33 PM »
I can't find anywhere what is current Forum time
It's probably not what that page is meant for, but I do get told what the "current forum time" is here.

(I might be wrong, though; since the EU does its DST switching on other days than the US, the ability to set a constant offset from "forum time" isn't going to be error free, anyway, so I just leave it set to zero, and "forum time" and "my personal time" cannot be distinguished.)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #685 on: December 15, 2022, 04:22:51 PM »
On desktop, I can see the Forum time in the 'Hello wavewright62' box with the links to unread posts.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keep Looking

• Bragi
« Reply #686 on: December 16, 2022, 03:30:09 AM »
Yeah - there was a database error yesterday - I was out during the morning but saw it when I got home in the afternoon and contacted Hushpiper about it (our back-end admin). Hushpiper was able to fix it and thinks that there was probably a flood of spam signups that crashed that part of the database.

Last time I asked Hushpiper about the timeouts (back in June when they were happening quite often) they said that it was probably an issue with fastdomain (the host of the forum). If people feel that the timeouts are getting really bad, I can potentially talk to Hushpiper about moving the forum to a different host or box, so keep me updated if you're finding it really disruptive.

Ruler of Changi Airport

JoB

« Reply #687 on: December 16, 2022, 03:39:05 AM »
On desktop, I can see the Forum time in the 'Hello wavewright62' box with the links to unread posts.
No, that's the personal time"zone" (actually a fixed offset) you have set in your profile.

I just set my offset to +6 for a test, now that page shows me "16-12-2022, 09:33:42" in the "Hello JoB" box but "Current forum time: 16-12-2022, 03:33:42" underneath the field where I enter my offset.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #688 on: December 16, 2022, 04:52:11 AM »
No, that's the personal time"zone" (actually a fixed offset) you have set in your profile.

I just set my offset to +6 for a test, now that page shows me "16-12-2022, 09:33:42" in the "Hello JoB" box but "Current forum time: 16-12-2022, 03:33:42" underneath the field where I enter my offset.

Ah.
So, I never did that.
Therefore I assume I have the default, Forum time. (I do have a fair grip on local time time, what with the clock in the corner of the screen, and the 16-18 hour difference.)  In December, it becomes important that I know Forum time.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #689 on: December 16, 2022, 11:28:56 AM »
I also know what the time is here now, but I want to see when previous posts have gone up :)

I knew it was somewhere in the bowels of the profile, but didn’t quite get onto the “look and feel” form. So thank you JoB!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.