Author Topic: SSSS Fic ideas [general repository]  (Read 12179 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
SSSS Fic ideas [general repository]
« on: July 06, 2017, 08:28:21 PM »
Post your fic ideas here. Whether they are simple crossover ideas, or interesting concepts that haven't been explored.

Throw it in this thread, especially if there's just too much on your plate to write it, or you're a talentless hack *raises hand* who knows you can't properly do it justice in the hopes that it piques someone's fancy and they write it up.

I'l attempt to keep this post updated as a repository, and if I see if something comes of it in the scriptorium, I'll be sure to link drop a link with the idea.

IDEA: Since the rash doesn't really do well in cold environments, And that it doesn't remain infectious in a dead host, it might be plausible a small civilization survived the rash through careful and applied use of cryogenics to temporarily put the host in a death like state till the infection has been rendered inert, potentially as an accident or last ditch effort to cure the virus.
By: Solokov
Link: N/A

IDEA: Rick Sanchez, the psycho sack of Squanch that he is develops and deploys a cure to the Rash, and then kidnaps our happy go lucky Reynir for Morty to have a traveling companion. Shenanigans and adventure ensues.
By: MR_PLINKETT

IDEA:  Mikkel makes friends with the local vaettur.
By: wavewright62

IDEA: Someone attempts to cartographically map the dreamwold, not the mage havens, but the in between places.
By: Róisín

IDEA: Emil isn’t a mage, but he still has the ability to use one spell. However, it takes a disaster for him to notice it.
By:Windfifgher

IDEA:Emil brings home a puppy. Lalli is not amused.
by: Windfighter.

IDEA: Tuuri decides, rather than sleeping to put her skald skills to use and help the swan catch up on the backlog of souls replacing the beleaguered Nokia technicians who've almost got a server running in Tuonela. Tuuri is empowered by the Swan and gains the ability to travel the birdpath to help the lost souls of finns across the world.
by: Gwenno, also wavewright contributed with the idea for the Nokia Technicians.

IDEA: survivors in the south atlantic survived and formed a seafaring nation, primarily using wooden sailing ships that are light and fast to keep quiet and avoid drawing attention from the leviathans that lurk the sea they sail from the Carolinas to port royal, however some adventuring souls have turned their sails east to explore the old continent of europe starting with the islands of great Britain and Iceland remembered through legends and shanties as island nations to close their borders entirely.
By: Solokov

IDEA: Auntie sigrun tells Emil and Lalli's kids stories from the expedition and possibly beyond.
By:October Sky
Link: n/a

IDEA:"How Sigrun ended up in a dress (and Lalli got a puppy)"
Obviously the two things are connected. Dunno how though!
By: Windfighter

IDEA: The rash was really a controlled experiment and that scandanavia has been intentionally cut off from the rest of the world and is being observed by the mysterious "Them". The expedition crew is then confronted by the lead scientist after accidentally stumbling on an observation post near the German border with Denmark and discovers that the reast of the world was unaffected by the rash.
By: ZanarNaryon

Idea: an Emil/Lalli fic based on/incorporating Bright Eyes' "First Day of my Life"
By: October Sky

Idea: Lalli or Emil was red/green colour blind and never noticed till they two started sharing a headspace apartment.
By:Wavewright62
Link: Story by euseevius

Idea: intensified shipping stories involving emil and Sigrun.
by: WeirdnessUnfolds
Link(s)?: N/A

Idea: Parks and Rec but set in Y90
by: Virginiangoober

Idea: Emil adopts the NoToros and teaches them manners. Eventually they civilize the troll world. The Swan gets infinite headaches.
By: hexdit

Idea: "Lalli has a beautiful singing voice. Emil loves to listen to Lalli's incantations even if he doesn't understand the meaning or the purpose of them." Aka "How Lalli ended up singing finnish lullabies to put Emil to sleep."
By: GaelleDragons
Link: n/a

Idea: After 90 years of neglect, the ISS hits the atmosphere and breaks apart. Part of it crash-lands near Reynir's hometown.
By: Joe Steele
Link: N/a

Idea: Onni encounters someone in the Finnish forest who demands to know if "the bombs have fallen yet."
By: Joe Steele
Link: N/a

« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 12:40:54 PM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
Re: SSSS Fic ideas [general repository]
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 09:01:47 PM »
Good idea. I'd like to see a story of someone trying to map the dreamworld. Not the Havens so much, I expect they move with the people, but the overall geography (if that's the word for such a place) and most especially the stars. The idea started with an image of Reynir and Lalli arguing over how to name the constellations. Many cultures with shamanic traditions have the concept of navigating their respective otherworlds, whether by forest landmarks such as particular trees, as for the Yaqui, or the constellations of the Australian Aborigines, or the stars and scattered islands of the Western Celts.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 02:46:29 AM »
Here, have two I've already posted over at tumblr! First one is a a story summary that hit me over the head when I was showering, second one was just a cute idea I couldn't do anything with because I don't do cute:

1) “Emil isn’t a mage, but he still has the ability to use one spell. However, it takes a disaster for him to notice it.”

2) Emil brings home a puppy. Lalli is not amused.
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 09:49:18 PM »
Mikkel makes friends with the local vaettur.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 02:28:34 AM »
Wavewright, that one sounds like fun!

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 04:25:08 AM »
I was really hoping that I'd be able to do this one myself as a short comic, but I don't think I have the time to do the whole thing by myself and do it justice now, so I'll leave it here in the hopes that someone will pick it up:

Tuuri and The Swan
Upon entering Tuonela, Tuuri becomes aware that The Swan is suffering under the backlog of all the paperwork from 90 years ago when Finns (amongst others) died very quickly and in great numbers. Tuuri picks up on this and manages to convince the Swan to let her stay on and help her with this rather than going to sleep, as she has quite a bit of skald-ing experience which she can put to use (Tuuri is very persuasive obviously). The Swan is persuaded and with time Tuuri proves herself not only competent but invaluable. Because there were Finns all over the world at the time of the rash outbreak, there's quite a lot of fieldwork in the countries where they died which the Swan had never gotten around to completing due to overwork, and Tuuri is tasked with going to these places in the Swan's stead. She is given wings to travel the birdpath, and is finally able to see the world.

I feel that there's enough of a precedent in mythology for mortals to die and become helpers of the gods that this could be done really nicely, and I hope that it rings enough of a bell with someone that they'd be willing to take it up.
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Róisín

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 05:07:21 AM »
Gwenno, what a lovely idea. And as you say, not without precedent! *giggling at the thought of some of my friends who are Finns but who settled in Australia after the war, mostly in the Outback, being so confronted*. I can't draw, so not for me, but I'd be game to write such a thing if someone else wished to illustrate it.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »
Did any of you read the Clerical Errorverse one-shots on Archive of Our Own? Similar idea, though only slightly touched upon by comparision.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »
Did any of you read the Clerical Errorverse one-shots on Archive of Our Own? Similar idea, though only slightly touched upon by comparision.

I just had a read though, and I'm glad not to be the only one who thought of these things :) The idea of backlog from the rash is pretty much cannon in my mind it makes so much sense. I had a lot of fun reading them and I can see both stories tying into each other's cannon very easily :P They're not exactly what I'm looking for, however, as I'd very much like something a bit more Tuuri focussed.

Gwenno, what a lovely idea. And as you say, not without precedent! *giggling at the thought of some of my friends who are Finns but who settled in Australia after the war, mostly in the Outback, being so confronted*. I can't draw, so not for me, but I'd be game to write such a thing if someone else wished to illustrate it.

Thank you, :) I'd love to see what you'd make of it, as I'm sure your knowledge of mythology and the larger world would surely help create a wonderful story.  While I can't illustrate as much of this as I'd like, I can probably manage one or two pictures as it is much easier for me to create one-off pieces of art than to create a whole story! I'd be over the moon if someone were willing to illustrate it properly, however, or just little pieces of your story as they liked. Personally, I'd probably show Tuuri picking up a Finnish soul from Japan, or Wales as those are the areas I'm familiar enough with to draw something good of :P (also, I think Tuuri would love both)
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Róisín

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 12:05:02 PM »
Sounds cool. We need an artist.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 04:42:28 PM »
I was really hoping that I'd be able to do this one myself as a short comic, but I don't think I have the time to do the whole thing by myself and do it justice now, so I'll leave it here in the hopes that someone will pick it up:

Tuuri and The Swan
Upon entering Tuonela, Tuuri becomes aware that The Swan is suffering under the backlog of all the paperwork from 90 years ago when Finns (amongst others) died very quickly and in great numbers. Tuuri picks up on this and manages to convince the Swan to let her stay on and help her with this rather than going to sleep, as she has quite a bit of skald-ing experience which she can put to use (Tuuri is very persuasive obviously). The Swan is persuaded and with time Tuuri proves herself not only competent but invaluable. Because there were Finns all over the world at the time of the rash outbreak, there's quite a lot of fieldwork in the countries where they died which the Swan had never gotten around to completing due to overwork, and Tuuri is tasked with going to these places in the Swan's stead. She is given wings to travel the birdpath, and is finally able to see the world.

I feel that there's enough of a precedent in mythology for mortals to die and become helpers of the gods that this could be done really nicely, and I hope that it rings enough of a bell with someone that they'd be willing to take it up.

Ooooo, what a coooool idea.  *looks at own WIP pile*  Hrm, hrm.  Must think, like the Ents.  Could I do this?  Dunno.  I'd love to see it come to fruition.
Heee, addendum: some of the bright sparks from Nokia *have* been trying to help the Swan, but of course their computers are down, and they've spent the last 90 years trying to get them up and running so they can 'help,' and the Swan is so done with them.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 01:53:42 PM »
Been listening to various sea shanties and I came up with another idea for another seafaring nation. This one on the east coast where they kinda follow the old rum trade routes and generally travel in wooden schooners and cutters during the spring and summer when it's generally not safe on the mainland (with some brave souls defending their settlements and torching the nests they find and farming up for the winter when the bulk of the population returns) and winter where they take advantage of the cold and harsh winters on the north east coasts. However some of the stories passed down in song mention old great Britain and Iceland, island nations in the east that closed their borders and may have survived the rash. 
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

October Sky

• Tumblr
  • Smile like you mean it
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they? Honestly no clue at this point
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 06:08:17 PM »
So inspired by https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=509.msg139638#msg139638 from the headcanon thread, a fic featuring  auntie Sigrun telling stories to Lalli and Emil's kids, possibly with one of the two of them occasionally butting in to remind her that's not quite how things happened.  This would obviously be a fair bit in the future, which gives room for the state of the world to change a lot.    Who knows I might get around to writing this at some point, but I definitely fall into that "talentless hack" category.

Edit: no I'm totally gonna go for this actually.  should be interesting
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:06:14 PM by October Sky »
Nationality: :usa:
kinda but not really: :japan:
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Ilral

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 03:52:17 AM »
Oh hey, I wrote those! I could probably do a third piece that focused on Tuuri at some point, though of course i'd love to see all of your takes on the story.
:chap14:
:chap15:
:chap16:

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 06:36:00 AM »
I apparently really want to see Lalli with a puppy, because for some reason this silly sentence came to me:
"How Sigrun ended up in a dress (and Lalli got a puppy)"
Obviously the two things are connected. Dunno how though!

I'd love to write it myself, but for those of you who have seen my writings you know how well I do humor... *glances at her pile of hurt/comfort*
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.