Author Topic: Key posts by Minna through the comments and on twitch  (Read 108128 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Key posts by Minna through the comments and on twitch
« Reply #285 on: November 15, 2020, 02:21:02 AM »
Guys
GUYS
Minna dropped teasers about a mini-comic she plans to do at some point!  It has ab-so-lutely NOTHING to do with SSSS or its characters at all.  The timing is still TBA, but not waiting until the whole SSSS story is finished - the characters are in the concept stage.
Her Twitch stream from 14 November discusses it, from about 1:03 into the stream.

And the OCs....
Spoiler: squeeee alert • show

That's right, rabbits.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #286 on: November 15, 2020, 03:03:58 AM »
Those are extremely cute!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #287 on: November 15, 2020, 04:02:28 PM »
Oh, the OCs are so cute!!! I may be misremembering, but I swear Minna said something once about writing a comic about bunnies going on adventures when she was a kid, I think in one of her youtube videos? Anyway, I'm guessing she wanted to try to rewrite it as a professional comic artist!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 04:23:01 PM by Lallicat »
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2020, 11:57:03 AM »
I swear Minna said something once about writing a comic about bunnies going on adventures when she was a kid, I think in one of her youtube videos?
A story with anthropomorphic bunnies doesn't ring a bell for me, but then again, I don't follow the videos thoroughly. Bunnies in artwork, OK, lots of them. In terms of stories, I remember one with various anthros and one and a half with cats ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2020, 04:40:25 PM »
It’s probably me getting a case of déjà-vu, LOL, since I can’t remember where (and if) I heard it.
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #290 on: March 20, 2021, 04:41:45 PM »
Among other statements in today's stream, Minna confirmed that she is abandoning work on the City of Hunger game.
Reasons given included her decision to give up playing video games herself, using her time for 'something more productive', and no longer having a goal of making money from sale of the completed game.
RIP CoH
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Sevseres

« Reply #291 on: March 20, 2021, 05:38:58 PM »
Aww, that’s sad. And there was already a lot of stuff done. The story looked really interesting too. Alas, it’s her decision. I wonder if she’ll wrap up what she has for an alpha release even though the game is abandoned...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:41:10 PM by nefnef »
native: :tr: okay: :gb: learning: :se: :fr:

HEY! my nickname used to be nefnef, dont be confused :p

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #292 on: March 20, 2021, 10:58:34 PM »
A pity, but Minna’s call. Still, there is always fanfic.....there are already excellent stories and art on the COH board, so perhaps we can finish the tale for her? Or she may come back one day and do it as a comic?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Opaque

• Scout
« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2021, 10:13:12 PM »
I actually didn't hear about City of Hunger until I joined this forum. So, after she stopped working on it. I would have loved playing that game but... oh well. Although, "wasting time playing video games" seemed a bit harsh. It sounds like someone who is trying too hard to sound like an adult. If she wants to stop playing them that's fine but they're definitely not any more a waist of time than other entertainment like reading.
But... oh well...  :-\

SkyWhalePod

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2021, 06:07:25 PM »
Just to keep a running count: As other people have noted, the CoH blog has been completely erased, although most of it is archived in the Wayback Machine and somebody's saved all of the lovely artwork in a Google Drive folder (see this thread for miscellaneous links: https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=1177.0).

Also, if anybody is wondering about future SSSS volumes, Minna has said in her most recent Twitch stream that as long as Hiveworks want to keep publishing them, she'll keep putting them together to be published. I know some are interested in that information, some might not be (I personally am -- not having a complete set of any book series drives me nuts). Just presenting it here as a 'for the record'.
Native: :us: Rusty: :de: :it: Very basic: :se: Thanks, anime: :jp: Learned a word yesterday: :fi:

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2021, 09:21:29 PM »
Also, if anybody is wondering about future SSSS volumes, Minna has said in her most recent Twitch stream that as long as Hiveworks want to keep publishing them, she'll keep putting them together to be published. I know some are interested in that information, some might not be (I personally am -- not having a complete set of any book series drives me nuts). Just presenting it here as a 'for the record'.
I was wondering about that, thank you!

I'm torn at this point, though. If I'd known at the time of the last Kickstarter what was about to happen in the community, I honestly wouldn't have given Minna any of my money. I dropped money for Books 1 - 3 in hardcover. I'm a completionist so if Hiveworks does end up printing SSSS right to whatever end happens, I'm really torn now between completing the story ... and putting more money in Minna's pocket.

It's a dilemma. :(
It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Maple

« Reply #296 on: May 17, 2021, 07:58:25 AM »
I was wondering about that, thank you!

I'm torn at this point, though. If I'd known at the time of the last Kickstarter what was about to happen in the community, I honestly wouldn't have given Minna any of my money. I dropped money for Books 1 - 3 in hardcover. I'm a completionist so if Hiveworks does end up printing SSSS right to whatever end happens, I'm really torn now between completing the story ... and putting more money in Minna's pocket.

It's a dilemma. :(

I think I'm just going to get book 4 so Adventure 1 is complete, and then settle for having Adventure 2 in digital form only. I feel you on wanting a complete set, and Adventure 1 is a complete story in of itself.

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #297 on: May 17, 2021, 03:14:42 PM »
Just to keep a running count: As other people have noted, the CoH blog has been completely erased...

It's mentioned elsewhere (sorry I don't remember what thread!) that it's not gone, she just reorganized things to show off LP and the CoH blog got orphaned as a result. So she hasn't entirely destroyed all that work (yet), but there's no link to click to reach it. I imagine someone far more clever than I am would be able to find it in a trice.

I hear you on having books 1-3 and feeling conflicted about wanting the complete set... why does my brain work this way??  :'D
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2021, 04:03:08 PM »
Frankly I don’t believe A2 will ever become printed books, because that would be years from now and it doesn’t seem likely the fandom will remain of economically feasible size for such a long time after the updates have stopped. If the new work manages to keep a sizable portion of the current fanbase, then perhaps, but I’m not counting on that!

She was saying something about the future work in the stream as well, but I didn’t get that.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2021, 05:17:00 PM »
It's mentioned elsewhere (sorry I don't remember what thread!) that it's not gone, she just reorganized things to show off LP and the CoH blog got orphaned as a result. So she hasn't entirely destroyed all that work (yet), but there's no link to click to reach it. I imagine someone far more clever than I am would be able to find it in a trice.

They've figured out how to access it in the City of Hunger board if you're looking for links.
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help