Author Topic: Music that fits SSSS?  (Read 70519 times)

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
Re: Music that fits SSSS?
« Reply #300 on: March 29, 2021, 03:14:38 PM »
I posted these links elsewhere, but figured they should go here, too! Beautiful music by a Finnish composer, incorporating birdsong recorded near the Arctic Circle in Finland. I think it goes well with any of the SSSS sequences showing wild places, especially the Finland settings of course.

/>
Appropriately enough, the conductor is Hannu Lintu - his surname translates as "Bird"!  :D

For the music nerds, here's a version that shows the score, which is really interesting. The birdsong is hard to hear in this version, though, so to get the full effect I recommend listening to the other one first.

Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2021, 04:28:12 PM »
Thanks to Eurovision I discovered Icelandic musician Daði Freyr. With the band Daði og Gagnamagnið he performed in 2021 the song "10 years", about his long-standing relationship with his wife.

In 2020, he would have performed with "Think about things", about his just-born daughter.

But my fave song of his is "Hvað með það", the song he wrote for Songvakeppnin in 2017, the Icelandic national pre-rounds for Eurovision. The English version is called "Is this love".
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Elely

• Super-Newbie
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2021, 07:32:52 PM »
There’s a Norwegian Artist Named AURORA, one of her songs “Winter bird” reminds me so much of Turri, though I almost cry everytime I listen to it
Hello! I’m always open and happy to discuss anything SSSS, RTD, LP related, aswell as just general stuff! I’m glad to be here :3 oh and my Twitter is @Oransjes ;p

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2021, 03:03:03 PM »
Having watched the series Unforgotten, I’ve been mesmerized by the song used for the opening titles, All We Do by Oh Wonder. It reminds me of SSSS, especially the Hotakainen story. It would also work well for a video of the prologue.

🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Maglor

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #304 on: August 05, 2021, 09:23:02 AM »
Well, a bit more Gry for you, I guess. Take any song by Gry or Arkona, and it will fit 4S.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 11:13:24 AM by Maglor »
Native: Russian.
Fluent: English.
Understandable: Belorussian and Ukrainian.
A bit: French.

crowbarrd

• an abundance of exclamation marks
« Reply #305 on: October 26, 2021, 06:51:21 AM »
I was just listening to this cover today and thinking it was very suitable for SSSS, or at least the beginning of the Rash (as in it's got an apocalypse-esque vibe)

Missio's cover of Zombie, by the Cranberries
muddling around and drawing