Author Topic: The pets thread!  (Read 42261 times)

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
Re: The pets thread!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 09:02:06 AM »
My roommates cat always sneaked in during shower time and then patiently waited for us to finish, so he could lick the drops... He didn't even mind getting wet.

That's how I had to get my cat to drink when she was a kitten, putting water on a plastic ice cream tub lid so she would lick up the drops, then progressed to fuller bowls :S man, she was nearly a goner back then ;__;
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

RumbleRose

• --If there is a chance to make you :) I will try--
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 09:06:17 PM »
My old dog, was obsessed with bread. When you had bread he would go in a trance and follow you around only concentrating on the bread, not stealing it tho. With this bread you could let him nod yes and no and so we had whole conversations, we gave him the bread aftherwards.

He also stole the bread from bird feeding plateaus. Also one time we went to feed the ducks. And we threw bread at them, but our dog jumped in the water and ate the bread XD

-----
We had another dog who was amazing at stealing cheese. We never could leave cheese on the table beause he would get it. So then we stopped buying big chuncks of cheese and insteed packed slices of cheese wich are harder to chew on for dogs. We still only have sliced cheese even tho our dog died last year.

()

Faust

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 12:12:04 PM »
My dog ate bees until the nest in the garden had none left. He loves frozen chips, he gets one each time we put them in the oven. He loves currys and chilli although he doesn't like brown sauce. He eats any fruit except citrus's. He has stopped eating soft toys that he had problems passing, pulling stuffing out his butt wasn't a highlight of owning a pet.

The cats eat rich tea biscuits, mushrooms and any rolls they can steal.

RumbleRose

• --If there is a chance to make you :) I will try--
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 02:57:04 PM »
Oh and my chickens sometimes steal the chicken meat I give to my dog  :o

()

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2014, 11:07:09 AM »
Oh and my chickens sometimes steal the chicken meat I give to my dog  :o

Your chicken coop sounds like a place of nightmares and rampant cannibalism ...

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 11:40:50 AM »
Your chicken coop sounds like a place of nightmares and rampant cannibalism ...
Cannibalism and beak-trimming are all too real in (industrial) poultry farming ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Raya

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »
Cannibalism and beak-trimming are all too real in (industrial) poultry farming ...

Chickens are somewhat psychopathic anyway. There was a story in a news a while ago about a fox that was found dead in a chick coop. It had got caught under some wood and the chickens literally pecked it to death. :o

One of my friends keeps chickens and got so sick of them pooping in their water trough he bought a special anti-poop watering dish. They still managed to foul it. Apparently the only way that was possible would be if they flew over the dish and aimed juuust right. Which they did. Repeatedly.

Chickens man.

dwuff

• Creative Practitioner and Eater Of Pastries
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2014, 01:01:17 PM »
I hope there isn't a thread like this already. I did a quick search and came up with nothing so... here goes!

Show off your critter companions!

I have two cats, Goya:

and Pixel:

Bonus compilation:

Goya is a clumsy, silly kitty. Her tail was broken in two places when she was a kitten. She's a rescue, so I'm not sure how or when that happened. But I love her very much. She's about 6 or 7 now.

Pixel is our newest addition, she's around 1 year old and we got her from a friend of a friend in June. She's hilarious, and a lot more agile/energetic than Goya, which of course drives Goya a bit crazy. She also can't meow. She only chirps. A lot. Especially when jumping onto or off of things. Sometimes she tries to meow, usually at the end of a long chirp, but it comes out as a broken squeak.

Anyway, so those are my great loves. If I had the space and money I would probably own a mountain of dachshunds too by now.

Now show me your critters!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:25:26 AM by dwuff »
Find me on tumblr.

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »
My mom just sent me some pictures of our dog, so I feel compelled to contribute. This is Lucy:

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

dwuff

• Creative Practitioner and Eater Of Pastries
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 05:25:03 AM »
Awww look at that bristly nose! So cute. ^_^
Find me on tumblr.

OrigamiOwl

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 07:46:08 AM »
I have two cats, Goya:

[Asdfghjkltastic kitties]

Goya is a clumsy, silly kitty. Her tail was broken in two places when she was a kitten. She's a rescue, so I'm not sure how or when that happened. But I love her very much. She's about 6 or 7 now.

Pixel is our newest addition, she's around 1 year old and we got her from a friend of a friend in June. She's hilarious, and a lot more agile/energetic than Goya, which of course drives Goya a bit crazy. She also can't meow. She only chirps. A lot. Especially when jumping onto or off of things. Sometimes she tries to meow, usually at the end of a long chirp, but it comes out as a broken squeak.

Anyway, so those are my great loves. If I had the space and money I would probably own a mountain of dachshunds too by now.

Now show me your critters!
Awwwwwwwwww! Their eyes are so cool! OuO like jade! And Pixel in front if the washing machine oh my gosh ;u;

My mom just sent me some pictures of our dog, so I feel compelled to contribute. This is Lucy:
[sweet little doggy ;u;]
I really want to pat the screen, she's so lovely and kind-looking :3 Her eyes are amazingly kind and gentle..... *pats the screen*
How old is she? Her light muzzle and relaxed demeanor makes me think she's a mature lady, but maybe I'm wrong?
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Piney

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • friendly neighborhood conifer
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 08:49:57 AM »
I really want to pat the screen, she's so lovely and kind-looking :3 Her eyes are amazingly kind and gentle..... *pats the screen*
How old is she? Her light muzzle and relaxed demeanor makes me think she's a mature lady, but maybe I'm wrong?
Yes, she is a very sweet dog.  ;D She's 11 years old, but doesn't usually act it.

Vote for me on Top Webcomics!

Twitter | Reynir blog | Native: :usa:   Rudimentary: :spain:   A few words: :iceland: | Reader since 10/21/14 | :chap5: - :chap13:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2014, 08:56:16 AM »
I've already posted this before, but

Kiwi the adorable tarantula!
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk:

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2014, 09:02:58 AM »
I've already posted this before, but

Kiwi the adorable tarantula!

AWWWW! She's adorable!!
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

ThisCat

• Ranger
  • Meow. Mew-eoow meaow, miaow. Mow.
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2014, 09:05:17 AM »
:norway:
 Mostly quiet.
:uk: