Author Topic: Personal Luonto  (Read 39966 times)

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Personal Luonto
« on: October 24, 2015, 07:52:14 AM »
I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet (or maybe it has and I'm really not on the ball with all these forum goings on :P I don't think it has it's own thread anyway )

How would you envision your own personal luonto?

Lalli has a lynx, the info page shows a snake, bear and moose..... and we have a whole forum full of people who could probably be represented as a wonderful variety of different creatures, and it would be very interesting to see what those creatures would be ^_^
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Supreme Potato

• WARNING: DO NOT EAT
Re: Personal Luonto
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 08:02:42 AM »
Considering my personality, 100% sloth. There's no way my luonto is not going to be a sloth.
Hej! Learning :sweden: since 25th October.

...but I still don't speak any Nordic languages.

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 08:20:38 AM »
An adder is the most likely option since it's an animal that's been the most present in my life from the start, the forests around the areas I lived in as a child and especially the one at our summer cottage have always had lots of adders. I've met many, never been bit by one, and one of my earliest childhood memories is an adder skin hanging above me on a wall. I don't know why it was there but most likely my grandma came across one and took it with her because she habitually brought in things from the forest that she thought were beautiful. I remember her once telling me the skin looked like a piece of lace to her.

Also adders are basically lazy rolls that eat, seek out warm spots to do nothing in, spend their winters in hibernation and when it comes to fighting they're mostly talk and very little action. They hiss at you a great deal and pretend-strike, even pretend-bite occasionally (bite you without using venom) but at the first chance they get they're just going to leg it - uh, ribcage it - into the undergrowth. :D
Plus they hate ants and I can understand this feeling really well.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

frenci

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • too lazy to type, too shy to talk
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 08:43:22 AM »
a cat
or some other kind of felynes
but probably a lazy fat house cat °w°
Talks: :italy: :uk: :slovenia:
Learning: :spain: :norway:

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 09:37:37 AM »
I would *love* for it to be a griffin or maybe a pangolin or, I don't know, a dugong? Something kind of weird and left-field. It would probably end up being a pigeon or something, knowing my luck.
I'd be happy with a Ci Defaid, mind.

Supreme Potato

• WARNING: DO NOT EAT
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 09:39:56 AM »
I would *love* for it to be a griffin or maybe a pangolin or, I don't know, a dugong? Something kind of weird and left-field. It would probably end up being a pigeon or something, knowing my luck.
I'd be happy with a Ci Defaid, mind.
Some pigeons are beautiful, though.
Hej! Learning :sweden: since 25th October.

...but I still don't speak any Nordic languages.

ParanormalAndroid

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 09:41:28 AM »
Some pigeons are beautiful, though.
You've evidently never seen a British pigeon. ;-;

DancingRanger

• Ranger
  • The forests surround me, and I am free.
  • Preferred pronouns: They/them or He/him
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 09:58:27 AM »
Hmm. I think mine could be a raven or crow, if it takes after my main Totem. If not probably some sort of dog or cat. Most likely a bobcat/wildcat.
Profile pic made by this awsome lady www.porcelainbazooka.tumblr.com
Native :usa:
Little knowledge :germany: , :mexico: , :japan:
Want to learn :finland: , :wales: , and more

Chapter joined :chap5:
Survived :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10:

SectoBoss

• Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 10:01:09 AM »
If the luonto is supposed to in some way reflect the person, I'd like to think mine would end up being a tired, ragged-looking crow that point-blank refused to do any work no matter how much I cajoled and begged it to.
I'd probably have to carry around a small tin full of worms to bribe it with (spirit worms, perhaps, if it's not a physical being?)

I agree, they're possibly the most uninspiring animal on earth. All they do is fly into windows and crap on bus shelters. Sometimes they fly into the same window twice in a row, as happened to a pigeon and my bedroom window once.
Native: :uk:  Remembers dregs: :france: :vaticancity:  Learning (slowly): :sweden:
Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:
Proud owner of a Haizvatar
I write a bit on AO3

Róisín

• Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »
Para: I can see you as the sheepdog, yeah, but somehow a Welsh Pony seems fitting too, those are way smart, and have an evil sense of humour.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
Mine would probably be a sparrow. Small, is/has been/will be everywhere, can't get rid of it no matter how much you try to chase it away  ;D Then again, it may be a donkey just as well.

*thinking hard on combat values of sparrow*
*thinking hard on combat values of a donkey*

If I were to be a mage, then it better be a donkey.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 10:26:27 AM »
Aaaw, don't say that, pidgeons are gorgeous. personally I love the variations in city pidgeons. sometimes you'll see gorgeous brown or ginger hues mixed in with the greys.. black, iridescent birds.. the unique patterns, sometimes with blotches of white or black, they're all so unique.. even the grey garden variety is very nice to look at, all those spotted feathers and the green and purple iridescent neck feathers. And their cries are so relaxing..~

Not sure about myself. Perhaps a hare or a badger, or a boar IDK. Something local, I think :P

Ana Nymus

• DeviantArt
  • Checking in once in a while
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 10:27:57 AM »
Hmmm, this is tough. It's a tad unoriginal, but I might go with a dog for me? Maybe a Norwegian Elkhound like my beloved pets. Stubborn but loyal, and always willing to cheer a person up. Intelligent in some ways, but absolutely clueless in others. Yeah, I think that fits. I'd like to think I'm loyal, anyway.
:usa: Yes.
:spain: Out of practice.
:finland: Failed to learn.
:vaticancity: Probably remember five words.
White text: Always ;P
:chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

I also speak SCIENCE!!!

Haiz

• Tumblr
  • I'M THE BOGKEEP HERE'S YOUR PEAT
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »
...if unicorn luontos are possible, it's a unicorn. probably. i know that sounds mary sue-ish but it makes a lot of sense to me. otherwise it might be a bird, like a sparrow or a magpie. although a hawk would be awesome too but I doubt it haha
you'll know where to find me.

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 11:13:51 AM »
I dunno. Maybe a big, fat, grumpy raven, like the ones that lurk around my town. Not all that fond of them, myself, but I can't imagine a winter without them. They sit there on park fences and streetlamps and building edges, all fluffed up, staring creepily at you as you walk by.  Intelligent, but sometimes apply it destructively. A bit cheeky - too much when they're feeling irritable. Intimidating, but pretty if you look at them the right way.

I'd probably have to bribe it with potato chips and donuts just to get it to do anything.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge