Author Topic: You Know You're an aRTD Addict When...  (Read 16588 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: You Know You're an aRTD Addict When...
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2016, 12:07:37 AM »
When you just kind of give up and accept that aRTD is your ultimate comfort canon.

When you have over 15k total in the works for various WIPs, and more on the way.

...When you re-read part of it and find yourself identifying with Hannu more than you should, probably. (My inner Hannu-ness is very tightly restrained, I try not to inflict it on people ;V )

Everything is aRTD and nothing hurts. Bury me with this comic, honestly. Well, okay, one thing hurts, and it's the fact that I don't have the book, but I will endure.
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2016, 01:16:30 AM »
...When you re-read part of it and find yourself identifying with Hannu more than you should, probably. (My inner Hannu-ness is very tightly restrained, I try not to inflict it on people ;V )

I know... I feel so much like Hannu every day. "Homework? Why can't I just sleep?"

Also, You know you are an aRTD addict when you are neglecting the art style swap to do aRTD fanart...
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2016, 04:00:17 AM »

Hahahaha I've been thinking for a long while that you liking aRTD is no coincidence, no matter how much you think you're restraining your Hannu-ness! Example: page 406.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Mélusine

• Conqueror of an Abandoned City
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2016, 06:45:54 AM »
Example: page 406.
*Pensive. Now wonders if she has to imagine Yuu as someone with a rabbit on his head* ^^
Native : :france: In progress : :uk: Trying to learn : :sweden: Far, far away : :germany: :spain:
Survivor : :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: and :book2:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2016, 11:47:26 AM »
I know... I feel so much like Hannu every day. "Homework? Why can't I just sleep?"

"Responsibilities? Human interaction? Why can't I just sleep?" ;p

Hahahaha I've been thinking for a long while that you liking aRTD is no coincidence, no matter how much you think you're restraining your Hannu-ness! Example: page 406.

Oh look, it's my general approach to difficulties in life, all summed up in one page. ;p WELL I suppose I should just be glad that the example you chose is "lovable grumpy slightly-charred cinnamon roll" Hannu, rather than "amoral jerkface" Hannu....

OrigamiOwl

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2016, 09:26:41 AM »
You know you're an aRTD addict when...

...Hannu?? XD
https://mobile.twitter.com/petra_nordlund/status/708374435062030336/photo/1
:artd: :book1+: :book2:
:chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 12:42:08 AM »
A website I read has ads provided by "adrta.com." This may have caused a double-take the first time I noticed.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Athena

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2016, 02:09:53 PM »
You know you're an aRTD addict when you're wearing your hannunvaakuna necklace (I guess that's a sign there) and when someone asks what it is you go to find the page where Hannu explains it. ::)

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

Athena

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2016, 10:54:28 PM »
So I got this ad earlier and... wait what's that logo?!

Dar

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2016, 02:36:28 PM »
...when you look at any animal and imagine them as Ville. My favourites? Fish, hedgehog, peacock, giraffe.
:artd:
:book1+:
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2016, 11:22:55 PM »
...When you FINALLY capture a Gym in Pokemon Go, and you're quickly trying to think of a name for the Hypno you're going to put in there, since you don't normally name them, and... the first thing that comes to mind is an aRTD character.

(The name that popped into my head was... Samuli. Which is odd, considering he isn't one of my favourite characters, but ah well~)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2016, 11:47:48 PM »
...When you FINALLY capture a Gym in Pokemon Go, and you're quickly trying to think of a name for the Hypno you're going to put in there, since you don't normally name them, and... the first thing that comes to mind is an aRTD character.

(The name that popped into my head was... Samuli. Which is odd, considering he isn't one of my favourite characters, but ah well~)
I could see that, I think a hypno kind of fits Samuli ? I mean, hypnos seem kind of stoic and serious like Samuli and he seems like the type that would go for psychic type pokemon. 

I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2016, 11:51:01 PM »

Oh no...now I'm tempted to name Pokemon after all the aRTD characters. And all the SSSS characters. *starts thinking about what kinds of Pokemon they would be*
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2016, 11:56:08 PM »
I could see that, I think a hypno kind of fits Samuli ? I mean, hypnos seem kind of stoic and serious like Samuli and he seems like the type that would go for psychic type pokemon.

Huh. When you put it that way, I can see it!

Oh no...now I'm tempted to name Pokemon after all the aRTD characters. And all the SSSS characters. *starts thinking about what kinds of Pokemon they would be*

Doooo iiiiit!

I'm only just now starting to give them actual names... and will probably continue with the aRTD/SSSS names until I run out of possibilties. xD In addition to the above, I've named my starter Bulbasaur Vuokko. <3 (Never going to transfer that one, in spite of the hella low combat points.)

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2016, 12:01:16 AM »

I've been thinking about posting screenshots of my pokemon and their names because I have quite a few names after SSSS characters, I have a Meowth named Lalli, a Venemoth named Tuuri, a Pidgeot named Onni, a Tauros named Mikkel, and a Flareon named Emil (but if I can get a ninetails I'm changing that to being my team's Emil) I've been waiting to catch a fighting type before I name anything Sigrun . .

But aRTD characters I don't know why I didn't think of that buuuut now that's a whole new arsenal of names.

I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign: