Author Topic: The aRTD Scriptorium  (Read 25397 times)

Daiseerose

Re: The aRTD Scriptorium
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2017, 09:26:30 PM »
That's really charming, and great characterization!  I like the way each parent has a different relationship with Raakel and tells her different kinds of stories.  (And I love that she'd have Paju's red hair in bouncy little curls.)

Are we going to see "Uncle" Ville in future sequels?  I bet he'd be the best, most fun uncle a little kid could have!

probably! I'm kind of stuck right now in terms of inspiration,  so one way or another everyone will show up probably

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2017, 07:23:04 AM »
The Hannunvaakuna of the Fjord
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent A Red Tail’s Dream”/“Sherlock Holmes” crossover fanfic
Part 8
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: Interlude with a Red-Tail • show
The snow had closed in around us to such a degree that I’d had to close my eyes momentarily lest the flakes slice into them and blind me. When I opened them again, Hannu and I were standing on a flat, level plain that was bare as far as the eye could see, and without a hint of the town we’d been walking through just before. What was going on now?

“Yikes! Ummmmmmmm, oopsie!?”

The speaker was a rather abashed looking juvenile fox, which didn’t surprise me nearly as much as the fact of a talking animal should have; I suppose it had just been that sort of day (or night, as it were).

“Oh. Oh, no.” The puppy-fox looked even more horrified as it looked us over. Then it put a paw over its eyes. “Of course it’s you two. Of course.”

“Since you know us, it follows that we have encountered you before this. Since we do not remember the encounter or encounters, it follows that either you did not reveal yourself to us then or that you erased our memories of the encounter or encounters somehow. Which is it, if I may ask without offending?”

Hannu’s voice was perfectly calm as he asked the question; by all appearances, he was the only one present who had completely kept his composure. More surprisingly, both to me and to the puppy-fox, he was actually minding his manners. It seemed the puppy-fox knew Hannu well enough to know how out of the ordinary this was for him, which to my mind argued for the second possibility Hannu had raised.

After giving Hannu a very calculating look for a few seconds, the puppy-fox walked over to him and asked, “May I sniff your hand?” When Hannu rather tentatively held the appendage out, the puppy-fox sniffed at it quite comprehensively before announcing, “Well, this is both better and worse than I’d thought, which is weird. So; explanation time!

“The answer to your question is: neither. You see, I met a sliiiiiiiightly different Hannu and Ville from a sliiiiiiiightly different world than yours. There’s a whole bunch of those, where something’s just a little biddy bit different from all the others, like Hannu being named Ville and Ville Hannu in one and stuff like that.

“Anyway, I can tell you aren’t the ones I met because you smell of a different world than theirs, not that you silly humans could tell.”

Hannu’s face hardened just slightly. “So, if we aren’t the Hannu and Ville that you met, why did you bring us here?”

“I didn’t do it on purpose!” The puppy-fox looked indignant again. “I was just trying out my new dream catcher—that Kokko gave me”—this last shouted at the heavens—“and… well… it looks like it caught you two by mistake.”

“Very well.” Hannu’s voice was as cool as ever. “A mistake happened, and Ville and I were caught by it. Now, is there a way to un-catch us?”

A sly look came over the red-tail’s face as it answered, “Well, there just might be…”

I was not eager to hear what the unspoken but was in the red-tail’s statement…

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
And there is no way I could fill the prompt “Dream Catcher” with anything else.

…Even though it’s still terribly late, I hope you enjoyed this bit. The next will be sooner, since I’ll be out of the Alphabet Soup soon.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2018, 02:20:49 PM »
Now that authors have been revealed, I can post my gift for helia for the Chocolate Box exchange on AO3.  It's a look at Ville's first Friends Day as a human.  I hope you enjoy it: Friends Day in Hokanniemi
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2018, 08:53:43 PM »
Very nice story, wavewright! And Daiseerose, I forgot to comment when you first posted it, but I really liked yours too!
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Daiseerose

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2018, 10:21:10 PM »
https://archiveofourown.org/works/14438601

Did some more writing with Raakel! be perpared for some craziness in the future!

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2018, 12:30:20 AM »
Cute story, daiseerose! Hannu figuring out how to be a father is rather heartwarming.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2018, 09:11:47 PM »
Great stuff, daiseerose!  Sweet.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Daiseerose

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2018, 10:36:35 PM »
Sooooooo I haven't posted In a very long time! But I wanted to drop this here! ( warning: it does have some implied depression! So Don't read if that could trigger something!) But It is just a little something about The twin's Mother since we don't really know what happened to her. But it is more kind of like a character study/what happened after she left sort of thing.

Mrs. Ansa Lehtinten Looked down at her daughter and Smiled. Ansa knew this day would come. The day Leena Would come crawling back to her. The only person who truly and honestly loved her. Leena was down on her knees, crying. Her heavily applied mascara dripping down streaking her foundation she had so carefully applied.Bawling her eyes out, She held on tight to Ansa’s skirt. She held her Daughter and hushed her. Of course Leena would come back, She always does in the end. Her mother loves her very very much. She cares for her and cradles her gently on the porch.The wood slightly damp.

Tears dried and wiped Ansa took her daughter inside, Poured her some of Her “Special” tea and sat her down on the couch. Rubbed her back gently. “ Tell me about it Magdalena” And so She did. It took awhile, as Leena has to stop to hiccup or sob, but finally it came out. More hugs and kisses and tea later and Leena was calm, hugging her Mother. The tears dried long ago. But Leena felt numb. Like she was feeling things all at once, and it was cutting her off from the real world. She wanted to run away far from this place. Her chest ached, and her head hurt. But Mother was there for her. As she always was.

The next morning Magdalena woke up happy. It was an artificial happy but she didn’t care anymore. Getting out of bed She put her bunny slippers on her feet and walked down to Breakfast. Mother was making a Sandwich.She stumbled down the stairs, drowsy. Side stepping to the coffee machine she grabbed herself a cup and  poured herself a glass of coffee while her Mother busily made the sandwiches, Humming as usual. Coffee in hand Leena sat down heavily and waited to be served. “Just Like when I was in school still” Leena thought suddenly as Ansa whipped around to serve. And it was like old times. The kitchen hasn’t changed a bit. Neither has her room now that she thought about it. Her stuffed animals were all crowded on her bed, creepy smiles plastered on their faces haunting her. The loud bang of the plate startled Leena out of her thoughts. Her Mother sat down quietly next to her. They ate in silence. Both getting used to this again. The quiet was very jarring, as with Nine children Ansa never had a quiet house. But everyone was gone. All but her darling Leena.

“So You’ll be staying then?” “Yes”

Ansa Smiled. Good.

“Well then! I am happy to have you.” Ansa cupped her face with both hands and looked into her daughter’s eyes. Nearly Identical to her own.

“ I Missed you” Leena whispered.

“I know. But I am here now for you. You don’t need to worry”

And so they came back again. The same cycle over and over and over. Ansa Looked at her daughter and smiled.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2018, 05:34:43 AM »
Ooo, a bit creepy.  What's in the 'special tea,' she wonders, yes she does.  NIcely done, Daisee.

Daiseerose

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2018, 03:49:56 PM »
Ooo, a bit creepy.  What's in the 'special tea,' she wonders, yes she does.  NIcely done, Daisee.

Thank you! :D I was trying to go for that creepy vibe! I wanted to kind of imply that they don't have a good relationship at all and that her mother was kind of a creep.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2019, 08:12:17 PM »
I fulfilled a Synchronised Screaming prompt for "Riikka & Ville - Sweethearts."  So, now we have a rarepair fic!  Fluff Ahoy!
Row, Row, Row Your Boat