Author Topic: The aRTD Scriptorium  (Read 25392 times)

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
Re: The aRTD Scriptorium
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2016, 06:38:17 PM »
@ LooNEY - Nice! I'm glad you're still working on this. < 3 (Hmm, more allusions to come? Probably. : D )

Anyway! I finished something. Yay!

"The Ghost in the Woods". 11k, 13+. Characters: Hannu, Ville, & the twins. No pairings.
Summary: Joona and Jonna have heard about a ghost in the woods. They want to find out if the story is true - and they want Hannu and Ville to come with them. But ghosts aren't real - are they?
On Ao3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/8413423
On DW: http://roesslyng.dreamwidth.org/78359.html

I've been working on this off and on for about a year, and I'm glad that I don't have to look at it any more. xD
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Yuuago

• Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2016, 10:01:52 PM »
Here's a fic I wrote for a recent Ao3 exchange - now that authors have been revealed, I can post it!

"Forecast: Risk of Storms". 2.4k, 10+ for language. Jonna Kuikka/Riikka Skärsholm, with appearances from Åsa Skärsholm. SSSS CROSSOVER (of the "Hokanniemi during Year 0" type.)
Summary: As far as Jonna's concerned, this paranoia about the illness is going to be over in a few weeks. Riikka and her aunt aren't so sure about that, however. It doesn't hurt to be prepared, right?
On Ao3: http://archiveofourown.org/works/8204330
Or on Dreamwidth: http://roesslyng.dreamwidth.org/76976.html
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »
I wrote a total of seven fics for Silent Night! These are mine for aRTD:

Provide and Protect for Elleth
Kokko/Swan of Tuonela • T • A terrible pandemic is destroying Earth, and Swan weeps for mortals. Kokko sweeps in to provide comfort.
Tags: SSSS crossover, Emotional Hurt/Comfort, Bird grooming

Last Letter for Yuuago
Jonna/Riikka • G • While preparing for Åsa’s birthday, Riika reads a letter sent from a friend in another town.
Tags: SSSS Crossover

Knock The Pyramid for Kiraly
Jonna/Riikka • G • To Jonna, she was just trying to atone for a joke gone wrong, but to Riika, she was a hero.
Tags: Fluff, Getting Together

Some Time Away for DaiseeRose
Paju & Tuomi • G • Tuomi learns that he’s not the only one learning to be less angry at the world.
Tags: Post-canon, Siblings

The Man From The Future for LooNEY_DAC
Mikkel, Paju • G • A hallway leads Mikkel to a very different area of the library, many years back and in another part of the world.
Tags: Crossover, some humor
♫ ♪ Sharing secrets with another world
Rubbing shoulders with some unknown lovers
♪ ♫
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
AO3 (Mageverse) | Twitter | Tumblr
Fluent: :usa:
Various degrees of fluency: :arableague: :mexico: :japan: :italy:
Now acquiring: :germany:
Wishlist: :iceland::finland:
O

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2017, 12:06:17 AM »
I wrote a total of seven fics for Silent Night! These are mine for aRTD:

Provide and Protect for Elleth
Kokko/Swan of Tuonela • T • A terrible pandemic is destroying Earth, and Swan weeps for mortals. Kokko sweeps in to provide comfort.
Tags: SSSS crossover, Emotional Hurt/Comfort, Bird grooming

I really liked this one! It seems like a crackship but honestly they are so good together.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2017, 04:16:10 AM »
Believe it or not, I'm really sorry about how delayed this one has been. But it's here.

The Hannunvaakuna of the Fjord
A “Stand Still. Stay Silent A Red Tail’s Dream”/“Sherlock Holmes” crossover fanfic
Part 5
Complete Links to Complete Links post
Prior part
Spoiler: The Quintessential Hannu • show
It felt like we’d been wandering through the snow and getting nowhere for months, which improved neither Hannu’s temper (never good in the best of times) nor mine.

The snow kept getting thicker as we went on, as though some cruel demi-god had prevailed on the Ylijumala to hinder us for the present; it also seemed an apt analogy for our present inquiry and the lack of progress we were making in it.

A tall redhead enveloped in a nondescript brown overcoat walked swiftly past us through the snow; the only thing about her to attract attention was that she was one of the few to brave the snow, which barely seemed to slow her brisk and determined strides. Her expression was rather grim, but that suited the weather as well as her clothing did, so I paid her little heed.

Hannu felt differently about it. He pulled up sharply, his eyes fixed on the retreating figure. Then he swore bitterly. “Come, Ville,” he barked, and we hurried off in pursuit, though I had no idea why.

The redhead heard us, even through the muffling snowfall, and promptly vanished. Normally, Hannu would still be able to track her, but the falling snow was already obliterating her tracks as he sought after them, so we lost her.

It was then that Hannu had to face his weak spot again: people. There were several nearby, and Hannu knew one of them might have seen where the woman went, so he had to interrogate them. I tried to head him off, but Hannu was in one of his stubborn moods where he can’t wait for someone else to get the job done, so he does it himself. He usually manages to make things worse for all involved, but sometimes it goes unexpectedly well.

This time, it went... well, it went badly.

“I hate people; I hate people; I hate people,” Hannu muttered viciously, walking around in little circles in the spot where we’d lost the trail. “Why did I get into a business where I have to deal with people?”

“Because it’s what you’re best at,” I replied. “Besides, if you were a bank teller or a baker or something, you’d have to deal with people even more often, and you’d be miserable because you’d be tied down and unable to come and go as you like; you know this, Hannu.”

Hannu put his head in his hands and groaned. After another moment, he straightened, did a full body shiver as though shaking off the filth that dealing with people left on him, and was ready to set off again.

“Who was that woman anyway, Hannu?” I enquired. “And why were we chasing after her?”

Hannu’s face grew grim. “Her name is Sigrun Eide. She’s a Norwegian, and she’s here to kill someone.”

A Norwegian? “Does she have a connection to Sigerson?” I asked.

“No.” Hannu checked himself. “Maybe. But not necessarily. We won’t know until we find her.”

I waited for Hannu to elaborate...

Spoiler: Authorial Notes • show
Another SSSS cameo--but will this one be more significant?

I’ll try to let you know in less time than this last interval.

Athena

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2017, 12:17:49 PM »
Believe it or not, I'm really sorry about how delayed this one has been. But it's here.

A “Stand Still. Stay Silent A Red Tail’s Dream”/“Sherlock Holmes” crossover fanfic
Part 5
Prior part
Spoiler: The Quintessential Hannu • show
It felt like we’d been wandering through the snow and getting nowhere for months, which improved neither Hannu’s temper (never good in the best of times) nor mine.

The snow kept getting thicker as we went on, as though some cruel demi-god had prevailed on the Ylijumala to hinder us for the present; it also seemed an apt analogy for our present inquiry and the lack of progress we were making in it.

A tall redhead enveloped in a nondescript brown overcoat walked swiftly past us through the snow; the only thing about her to attract attention was that she was one of the few to brave the snow, which barely seemed to slow her brisk and determined strides. Her expression was rather grim, but that suited the weather as well as her clothing did, so I paid her little heed.

Hannu felt differently about it. He pulled up sharply, his eyes fixed on the retreating figure. Then he swore bitterly. “Come, Ville,” he barked, and we hurried off in pursuit, though I had no idea why.

The redhead heard us, even through the muffling snowfall, and promptly vanished. Normally, Hannu would still be able to track her, but the falling snow was already obliterating her tracks as he sought after them, so we lost her.

It was then that Hannu had to face his weak spot again: people. There were several nearby, and Hannu knew one of them might have seen where the woman went, so he had to interrogate them. I tried to head him off, but Hannu was in one of his stubborn moods where he can’t wait for someone else to get the job done, so he does it himself. He usually manages to make things worse for all involved, but sometimes it goes unexpectedly well.

This time, it went... well, it went badly.

“I hate people; I hate people; I hate people,” Hannu muttered viciously, walking around in little circles in the spot where we’d lost the trail. “Why did I get into a business where I have to deal with people?”

“Because it’s what you’re best at,” I replied. “Besides, if you were a bank teller or a baker or something, you’d have to deal with people even more often, and you’d be miserable because you’d be tied down and unable to come and go as you like; you know this, Hannu.”

Hannu put his head in his hands and groaned. After another moment, he straightened, did a full body shiver as though shaking off the filth that dealing with people left on him, and was ready to set off again.

“Who was that woman anyway, Hannu?” I enquired. “And why were we chasing after her?”

Hannu’s face grew grim. “Her name is Sigrun Eide. She’s a Norwegian, and she’s here to kill someone.”

A Norwegian? “Does she have a connection to Sigerson?” I asked.

“No.” Hannu checked himself. “Maybe. But not necessarily. We won’t know until we find her.”

I waited for Hannu to elaborate...

Another SSSS cameo--but will this one be more significant?

I’ll try to let you know in less time than this last interval.

I'm interested to see where this goes! (But why must you leave every chapter on a cliffhanger!) :D

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2017, 03:54:57 PM »
(But why must you leave every chapter on a cliffhanger!) :D
...Because that's how serialized storytelling works.

Athena

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »
...Because that's how serialized storytelling works.

Good point ::)

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2017, 12:34:14 AM »
IT'S STILL SUNDAY HERE! I'M NOT LATE... sort of.

Part 6
Prior part
Spoiler: Bounds and Leaps • show
Someone was going to die, and Hannu and I were the only ones who knew, or cared, in all probability; but we were lost in the endless swirls of snow down the narrow streets of Mikkeli.

We had been searching fruitlessly for the Norwegian’s trail for I don’t know how long now, and getting nowhere. Hannu was still intent on finding the Norwegian, but I could tell that his frazzled state of mind was affecting his concentration.

This was where I had to step in.

You see, when Hannu gets flustered (or frazzled, or whatever you might want to call it) to the point where his concentration starts to go, there are two options: take him somewhere (preferably our flat) where he can wind down by himself… or what I was about to do.

Hannu was tracing and retracing a three-pace path into the snow, his movements anxious and jerky, when I stepped in front of him. Though he tried to duck away at first, I put my hands on the sides of his head and forced him to look at me.

“Hannu,” I told him firmly, “you need to focus.” Hannu nodded reluctantly. “Close your eyes.” He did. “Now, recite.”

Ages ago, Hannu had memorized an old English nursery rhyme; otherwise, he barely speaks that language. I don’t know where he first read it; I’m still not sure why it stuck in his head as it did; all I really know is that when his brain is ready to give out and there’s no time for him to have a meltdown, reciting the rhyme will bring him back; it re-centers him, if you will. The only catch was that I, and only I, had to force him to begin the process every time; he would suffer no other to do so. Even his parents could not.

His eyes still shut, Hannu began to speak in his rusty English:

“This is the house that Jack built…”

Whenever we had to do this (both far too often for my taste and far too seldom for Hannu not to have regular meltdowns), Hannu always ran through every step of the rhyme that he knew, even though he was usually fine by the time the milkmaid all forlorn made her entrance; so it was this time.

“…That ate the cheese that lay in the house that Jack built.” With that, Hannu opened his eyes, ready to resume the hunt. In another moment, we were off.

Hannu moved swiftly and decisively, barely seeming to glance away from his chosen path, so I knew he had made a Deduction on where the red-head was to be found.

“…Thank you, Ville.”

I almost missed the muttered utterance, so soft was it. It was rather unlike Hannu to express gratitude for our little ritual; I gathered he must have been even worse off than I’d suspected.

We were after a fire-headed Norwegian assassin, determined to stop her in her grisly trade; so we were both ready for action and danger ahead, but neither of us expected the coming encounter…

For the aRTD Week Sunday prompt, “Practice”, as Hannu is practicing a mental discipline here.

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2017, 09:25:07 AM »
Hahah, I just went ahead and read the whole thing :P I really enjoyed it and am looking forwards to the next part whenever it comes out, but in the meantime I liked your twist on "practice" and am glad it got me started on this :)

IT'S STILL SUNDAY HERE! I'M NOT LATE... sort of.

Part 6
Prior part
Spoiler: Bounds and Leaps • show
Someone was going to die, and Hannu and I were the only ones who knew, or cared, in all probability; but we were lost in the endless swirls of snow down the narrow streets of Mikkeli.

We had been searching fruitlessly for the Norwegian’s trail for I don’t know how long now, and getting nowhere. Hannu was still intent on finding the Norwegian, but I could tell that his frazzled state of mind was affecting his concentration.

This was where I had to step in.

You see, when Hannu gets flustered (or frazzled, or whatever you might want to call it) to the point where his concentration starts to go, there are two options: take him somewhere (preferably our flat) where he can wind down by himself… or what I was about to do.

Hannu was tracing and retracing a three-pace path into the snow, his movements anxious and jerky, when I stepped in front of him. Though he tried to duck away at first, I put my hands on the sides of his head and forced him to look at me.

“Hannu,” I told him firmly, “you need to focus.” Hannu nodded reluctantly. “Close your eyes.” He did. “Now, recite.”

Ages ago, Hannu had memorized an old English nursery rhyme; otherwise, he barely speaks that language. I don’t know where he first read it; I’m still not sure why it stuck in his head as it did; all I really know is that when his brain is ready to give out and there’s no time for him to have a meltdown, reciting the rhyme will bring him back; it re-centers him, if you will. The only catch was that I, and only I, had to force him to begin the process every time; he would suffer no other to do so. Even his parents could not.

His eyes still shut, Hannu began to speak in his rusty English:

“This is the house that Jack built…”

Whenever we had to do this (both far too often for my taste and far too seldom for Hannu not to have regular meltdowns), Hannu always ran through every step of the rhyme that he knew, even though he was usually fine by the time the milkmaid all forlorn made her entrance; so it was this time.

“…That ate the cheese that lay in the house that Jack built.” With that, Hannu opened his eyes, ready to resume the hunt. In another moment, we were off.

Hannu moved swiftly and decisively, barely seeming to glance away from his chosen path, so I knew he had made a Deduction on where the red-head was to be found.

“…Thank you, Ville.”

I almost missed the muttered utterance, so soft was it. It was rather unlike Hannu to express gratitude for our little ritual; I gathered he must have been even worse off than I’d suspected.

We were after a fire-headed Norwegian assassin, determined to stop her in her grisly trade; so we were both ready for action and danger ahead, but neither of us expected the coming encounter…

For the aRTD Week Sunday prompt, “Practice”, as Hannu is practicing a mental discipline here.

You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

Helia

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2017, 04:06:51 PM »
This was written for a different challenge, but it fits in the aRTD Week too. (I hope)

Am I a good dog?
native: :hungary:  fluent: :uk:  special: :germany:

:chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:

Talimee

• Scout
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2017, 03:01:01 PM »
My first aRTD-fanfic, but unfortunately a German one.
Prompt was "Evil Twins" and my mind decided to put some extra spin on it - imagining the original set of Hannu and the Kuikka-Twins to be the Evil Twins to another universe.

Title: Spiegelverkehrt
Author: Talimee
Rating: None
Tags: Humor, Evil Twins-trope
[22:31] <@amity> And they care about only two things: Emil/Lalli fanfic, and chewing bubblegum.
[22:31] <@amity> And the word is, they're all out of bubblegum.

Survived:
:chap5::chap6::chap7: :chap20:
:chap8::chap9::chap10:
:chap11::chap12::chap13:
:chap14::chap15::chap16:
:chap17::chap18::chap19:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2017, 09:04:06 PM »
*Sidles in*

*Drops next part and runs*

A “Stand Still. Stay Silent”/“A Red Tail’s Dream”/“Sherlock Holmes” crossover fanfic
Part 7
Prior part
Spoiler: Bridges Built and Burnt • show
“OK, so if you two’ll just stand still and stay silent right there, everything will be fine.”

The speaker, a short, golden-haired Swede, had stepped out to block our path just a moment ago. There was no obvious connection between him and the red-headed Norwegian assassin who was the object of our pursuit; but people rarely wear large placards conveniently labeling their relations to one another (though some would be much happier were that the case). Hannu had actually managed to overcome this Sigrun’s wily attempts to foil our pursuit to the extent that we had caught sight of her again and were hurrying to catch up when the Swede had stepped forth.

The Swede spoke up again after a moment or two of tense, watchful silence. “I don’t want to hurt you guys, but I can’t let you go on, you know?”

Hannu had not bothered to answer; I would have asked the golden-haired Swede whether he was “trolling” us, as those beasts say, but what happened next stopped me. With a great FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM, a giant curtain of fire erupted into a circle surrounding us. This startled me enough that I allowed a word I’m not proud of knowing to escape; fortunately, the only one to hear me was Hannu, who had allowed a similar ejaculation of surprise and alarm to escape him.

We could still make out the Swede’s somewhat short form through the flames, and his next words came clearly enough. “See? Here’s a nice warm fire for you, but not so close that you’ll get hurt. Now just stay there and don’t do anything silly and none of us will have any trouble.” So saying, the Swede assumed a stance of relaxed watchfulness.

I wore my affront over this treatment like a badge of honor, but Hannu’s voice held only a detached—almost disinterested, even—curiosity when he asked, “Why are you doing this?” As I mentioned, he hadn’t spoken since the Swede stepped out in front of us; I could see that Hannu had been closely examining the boy, deliberately speaking out only now. “What is Sigrun Eide to you, or what are you to her?”

The question seemed to have caught our Swede foe off guard. He flushed and stammered for a bit before finally saying, “Well, um, you see, um—I’m her minion, OK?” He seemed to think that this statement was sufficient answer, because he nodded and repeated, “Yep, I’m her minion.”

“This little viking here’s my most best minion,” Sigrun affirmed, stepping beside him. “But now, it’s time for us to go. See you, Hannu!” With a cheery wave, she drew the Swede away.

The fire was still high around us; but since it was, as the Swede had assured us, a safe distance away, we were in no apparent danger for the moment. I turned to Hannu, my face undoubtedly asking the question my lips hadn’t formed yet: “What on Earth shall we do about this, Hannu?”

Fortunately, Hannu’s attention was still on the duo who had so recently departed, rather than on me, as he dislikes it when I “fuss”. No, something had caught his eye, something that had given him fresh data, and he was feverishly examining how this new information affected the wretched tangle we (and poor Junnu Kuitunen) found ourselves caught up in…

So here’s what was supposed to be the next part for aRTD week. You were expecting someone else to appear for the prompt “Fire”?

(…even if that appearance is terribly belated…)

Don’t worry; next part will be more aRTD-centric.

Daiseerose

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2017, 07:36:09 PM »
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12208479

did a post canon story way in the future with an oc of mine!

it's rated G and is just filled with tons of headcanons
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:38:20 PM by Daiseerose »

Sunflower

• Saraswati
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2017, 02:32:00 AM »
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12208479

did a post canon story way in the future with an oc of mine!

it's rated G and is just filled with tons of headcanons

That's really charming, and great characterization!  I like the way each parent has a different relationship with Raakel and tells her different kinds of stories.  (And I love that she'd have Paju's red hair in bouncy little curls.)

Are we going to see "Uncle" Ville in future sequels?  I bet he'd be the best, most fun uncle a little kid could have!
"The music of what happens," said great Fionn, "that is the finest music in the world."
:chap3:  :chap4:  :chap5:  :book2:  :chap12:  :chap13:  :chap14:   :chap15:  :chap16:

Speak some:  :france:  :mexico:  :vaticancity:  Ein bisschen: :germany: