Author Topic: SSSS Casting Call?  (Read 15731 times)

MR_PLINKETT

Re: SSSS Casting Call?
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »
You're gonna need a voice for sleipnope. And I have the perfect actor, Ron Perlman.

Here is why he'd be perfect.

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/She/Her
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »
You're gonna need a voice for sleipnope. And I have the perfect actor, Ron Perlman.

Here is why he'd be perfect.
/>

He could be one of the voices, but Sleipnope is an amalgamation, there would have to be a lot of different voices talking over each other.

For Trond Andersen, one possibility is Erik Hivju. He doesn't look too much like Trond, but he is a good actor, and have played military roles before (Birger Eriksen in the King's Choice). Besides, he's an elderly Norwegian actor.
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

quark

« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2017, 03:32:44 AM »
Heyo, it's 'quark gets bored and does fancasting' time again! (warning: image-heavy, I've put them all under spoiler cuts). Firstly I wanna update my Ensi face headcanon because Astrid was good, but I think I've found someone better. This is Viivi Kapanen, she's a Finnish model:

Spoiler: show

Bonus points for looking like she could have walked out of Gallen-Kallela's painting 'Marjatta and the Christ Child' in that last photo:

Next up, Reynir, who we don't seem to have many options for at present except for Bartek Borowiec. I think the hair's the main problem - it's incredibly hard to find guys with hair as amazing as Reynir's  ;D. If we take the long hair out of the picture, though, I think that Linus Wordemann has a pretty Reynir-like face:

Lastly, Sigrun, because she's been on my mind recently for obvious reasons. It's really hard to find red haired actresses who aren't either too cute for her or kind of 'Hollywood pretty'? There's probably a better term for that, but I can't think of it at the moment. Anyway, Alicia Witt is slightly too old for her - she's currently in her early forties - but otherwise I think she's pretty decent. She can rock a red bob, she's been on The Walking Dead so she has prior experience with zombie dramas and she's able to act like a total goof if necessary, which I think is a prerequisite for playing Sigrun:

Chapter Break Survivor: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Antillanka

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2017, 10:00:22 AM »
Ooooooh, I like your casting so much!
Viivi can pull that harsh face I constantly picture in Ensi!
Linus is terribly cute and I think, coul pull a more innocent look than Bartek, which is a very good thing ^^
Alicia is perfect. Mischief and badassery in one face? She's got it! If her nose was just a bit longer, though... *sighs*
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Sonya

« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2017, 07:14:33 PM »
New here, just having some fun - I'm not really sure on Emil, Lalli or Reynir (Eddie Redmayne would have been a perfect Reynir about ten years ago).

For Sigrun, based on looks and height, I'd suggest Elizabeth Debicki (I've never seen her act, but she's been nominated for some awards and stuff, so she presumably doesn't suck).  She'd need to dye her hair, of course.

Clive Standen would make a good Mikkel, though he'd need to put on a bit of weight, and again, dye the hair.

Maisie Williams (who I think is well-known enough that I need not link) would make a very good Tuuri, also with a bit of weight and some hair dye. 

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:17:23 PM by slvolkhardt »

Elleth

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Sgru'd
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her, they/their
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2017, 09:20:33 AM »
I'm intrigued by Elizabeth Debicky. Never seen her act either, but she's got a very expressive face, and it feels like that is a prerequisite for a Sigrun actress - and she's got a somewhat prominent nose. Not quite Sigruny in its magnificence, but good.

I come bearing another idea for Reynir! Kirill Nikolini:

Native: Fluent: Decent: Learning: Wishful:

Á tarë quildë, á harë tínë.

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

JoB

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2017, 08:14:49 AM »
Speaking of the entire cast ... ^-^

native: :germany:secondary: :usa: :france:
:artd: :book1+::book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2017, 02:08:15 PM »
Speaking of the entire cast ... ^-^

BwahahahaHAHA *pauses for breath* hahaHAHAHaA
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :usa:
Acquired: :newzealand:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :estonia:

Chapter break survivor: :chap18: :chap17: :book3: :chap16: :chap15: :chap14: :chap13: :book2: :chap12: :chap11: :chap10: :chap9: :chap8: :chap7: :chap6: :book1: :chap5:

(Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)