Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 383391 times)

Fimbulvarg

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Craigslist Samurai
Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:09:58 PM »
As the title says this thread is meant for discussing the latest developments in Minna Sundberg's comic Stand Still, Stay Silent.
The thread may be merged with or superceded by other threads in the future, but it will suffice for now.

Eich

• Thor
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Retired Forum Admin
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 03:19:41 PM »
Great idea.  It might actually work with just this one thread, actually.  We'll just have to see, I guess.
Feel free to PM.

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 04:22:17 PM »
I'd prefer not to have one thread for all the future updates, they always get so cluttered and busy and... It's not easy get into later, if you don't keep checking the updates. Adding to that, the update rate is lot faster than most of the comics...
How about one thread for one week?

Edit: Ooh, of course, splitting them by chapters could work too..!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 04:26:58 PM by noako »

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 04:24:42 PM »
I'd prefer not to have one thread for all the future updates, they always get so cluttered and busy and... It's not easy get into later, if you don't keep checking the updates. Adding to that, the update rate is lot faster than most of the comics...
How about one thread for one week?
That sounds good to me.  What does everybody think?
Feel free to PM.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 04:28:43 PM »
That sounds good to me.  What does everybody think?

I think that pretty much defeats the sense of a forum, actually. We created this thing to discuss and not lose our discussions, so where's the difference between a daily discussion and a weekly one? SSSS is, after all, a slow-paced comic.
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 04:37:45 PM »
I think that pretty much defeats the sense of a forum, actually. We created this thing to discuss and not lose our discussions, so where's the difference between a daily discussion and a weekly one? SSSS is, after all, a slow-paced comic.

The comic has started to get +500 comments every day in Disqus. Imagine one thread trying to fit all of those comments, piling up, every day.
That's why I feel it's much better for everyone to split the discussion, by page, week, chapter, month or anything - but one big thread for it all..... It might work for some people, sure, but ....

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 04:38:13 PM »
I was considering one thread per chapter after I posted this thread. I think it depends on the number of posts we get per page. If we get 10-20 one thread is really to be preferred, but if we get a 100 then things will get a bit flooded.

Nimphy

• The Almighty Phoenix, future Ruler of the World
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »
I was considering one thread per chapter after I posted this thread. I think it depends on the number of posts we get per page. If we get 10-20 one thread is really to be preferred, but if we get a 100 then things will get a bit flooded.

One thread per chapter looks good. Still, I don't think we'll get more than 20 comments a day...
Fluent: :italy:, :albania:, :usa:

Okay: :spain:

Learning: :germany: :norway: :japan:

Bloody messed-up spoils of a language: :france:

Survivor: :chap0: :chap1: :chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8:

Annie

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 05:48:55 PM »
In the future, I could see us having threads with more focus - e.g. a thread for future speculation, or a thread dedicated to a certain character's awesomeness, etc. I think it'll depend on how we see things playing out on the forum in the next few weeks.
Winner of the Signe Sorensen Excellence in Customer Service Award

Eich

• Thor
  • Retired Forum Admin
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 05:52:31 PM »
In the future, I could see us having threads with more focus - e.g. a thread for future speculation, or a thread dedicated to a certain character's awesomeness, etc. I think it'll depend on how we see things playing out on the forum in the next few weeks.
A speculation thread is a great idea.  That could be fun with a weekly or page-to-page poll or something.
Feel free to PM.

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 06:07:39 PM »

That's a good idea. Depending on another people, I'd expect we might see shipping threads, or like, "what would you/your great-grandchildren do if you lived in year 90?".... Actually I might want to make that one, heh.

Fimbulvarg

• Craigslist Samurai
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 06:13:33 PM »
That's a good idea. Depending on another people, I'd expect we might see shipping threads, or like, "what would you/your great-grandchildren do if you lived in year 90?".... Actually I might want to make that one, heh.

Seems like there are a lot of threads just waiting to be made.

Annie

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 06:23:24 PM »
Seems like there are a lot of threads just waiting to be made.

Oh, yessss.... This is a very rich world Minna has created. There's a lot to discuss, debate and explore. Didn't some people even try doing an RPG set in the SSSS-verse?
Winner of the Signe Sorensen Excellence in Customer Service Award

noako

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 06:25:57 PM »
Oh, yessss.... This is a very rich world Minna has created. There's a lot to discuss, debate and explore. Didn't some people even try doing an RPG set in the SSSS-verse?

That makes sense, I mean, the little fullbody profile pictures in the cast page already look like they could be in some game showing different jobs...
RPG of SSSS would be awesome but I think we still know too little to make anything sensible.

Richard Weir

• Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 07:39:56 PM »
Can I suggest that we avoid running the forum into the ground with topics discussing the latest update. We don't need 300 posts a day saying "Yuck!" "Lalli = cute!" and so on - Discuss works fine for that!

I would be happier if we kept this forum for things that need more considered, long-term discussion. The example I came up with was character development threads, where we could log the life-lessons each character learns, changes of personality as the result of experiences and so on. The other BIG use is already underway with the poetry thread which is exactly what this forum can achieve that the Disqus system sucks at!

Speculation threads are also a very good idea - lets have lots of those!
My one-and-only: :uk: