Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392350 times)

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #4170 on: October 11, 2021, 02:15:37 PM »
Ah. Thanks for info; I don't follow the streams (though I had noticed that the chapter break organization thread here had started up again.) Indeed, a chapter break must mean at least one more chapter.

I'll hope for a long one, with lots of loose ends tied, and with some conversation with Grandma after all. But what I hope for isn't necessarily what we'll get.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #4171 on: October 11, 2021, 03:26:47 PM »
I didn’t ask, but at least she didn’t say it would be the last chapter. Earlier, but during this chapter, I got the impression there are still chapters in plural. But that wasn’t very clear.

There was also talk about a fan Q/A session after the comic is finished, where we could ask about the open ends that bug us and Minna would answer. At the time she seemed to feel it was a good idea, but I guess it also depends on how attached or not she still is to the characters by now,
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thorny

« Reply #4172 on: October 11, 2021, 07:41:19 PM »
If that session does happen, could you (and maybe some others on these boards) attend and report back to the rest of us?

-- maybe Minna's getting interested in her characters again? The strip does seem to be more like it used to be. So maybe we will get another couple of good chapters, and some of the ends tied up in them.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4173 on: October 12, 2021, 12:41:34 AM »
I absolutely will, and if it’s on Twitch the recording can be watched for two weeks after.

I rarely get to the stream anymore but I’ll try to remember to go and ask her about the session as it was a long while ago we talked about it.

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4174 on: October 12, 2021, 04:47:31 AM »
Thanks for that, Jitter.  I don't go to the streams anymore either. 
I agree that we seem to be back on point, but I'm not sure she's getting re-invested in the characters so much as finally getting to the point she mentally storyboarded some time ago.  (We've all been there - we know where the story needs to go, but puzzle over how we can get it to come to pass.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thorny

« Reply #4175 on: October 12, 2021, 09:44:58 AM »
if it’s on Twitch the recording can be watched for two weeks after.

Do you have to be on Twitch to watch it? (Says the person who is not on much of anything except a few message boards, and doesn't want to be because she spends too much time online as it is.)

(We've all been there - we know where the story needs to go, but puzzle over how we can get it to come to pass.)

Ohhh yeah -- I have a batch of stuff in my head for which I have scattered incidents, sometimes including the ending, but I can't seem to write the stuff to connect them together.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4176 on: October 12, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »
Thorny, I’m nit sure! I only use Twitch for this :)

catbirds

« Reply #4177 on: October 12, 2021, 01:57:08 PM »
You only need to have an account to talk in the chat! You can watch videos without it.

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #4178 on: October 13, 2021, 08:16:22 PM »
If this chapter ends up being the climax (which I feel like it is), would it be inappropriate for me to say that the ending felt a little like a Goose Ex Machina? i know shes a swan ok

I'll see myself out.
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

CCMars

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #4179 on: October 13, 2021, 08:21:17 PM »
Sadly I think Emil’s dreamfire will forever be shrouded in mystery, only shown in tantalizing glimpses of fanfiction.

I apologize for the late reply, but seriously?! That and the dream connection plotline were honestly what I was most looking forward to in this adventure.  :-\

Shame, because this is the best the art has looked in ages...

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4180 on: October 13, 2021, 10:11:00 PM »
The freed souls go zoomies into the distance, and all I can think of is:
"Mine!""Mine!""Mine!" 
"That's enough, my darlings, back off, they're mine."
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4181 on: October 14, 2021, 08:22:38 AM »
I apologize for the late reply, but seriously?! That and the dream connection plotline were honestly what I was most looking forward to in this adventure.  :-\

Shame, because this is the best the art has looked in ages...

Sadly yes, Minna has informed that this will be the last adventure and will come to an end soonish (earlier info was early next year, I haven’t heard of any further updates on that). We may still hope to see something about the dream connection, although I must admit I doubt that. But surely (this is my guess, not knowledge) the fire would have been subject for another adventure in Sweden?

And of course we can hope she will return to SSSS at some point in the future, but as of now she’s planning other things.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4182 on: October 15, 2021, 04:04:56 AM »
In addition to the overall improvement in the art, I love the little background detail of good boy fylgja on this page! It’s been ages since we got these last! Or maybe I forget something, but in any case there are much less lately.

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #4183 on: October 17, 2021, 09:31:03 PM »
I have to say, after reading all the posts about Minna finishing SSSS and possibly returning to it… an author gets tired of characters and it’s a natural thing. It is also nice to stop, nice to bring a story to an end and have it finished without it being over-developed.
I personally think Minna gave us enough to make fan-art and fan fiction, enough to love and make references to our own lives no matter in which part of the world you live.
It has been seven (is it seven?..) years of work/story being told and I feel satisfied that it has not gone away from its excellence and is being finished soon.
The story about an apocalypses in the Scandinavian countries is being made, and that is why she wanted to do. She is about to accomplish her goal, which, as an author, is one of the greatest feelings ever.  :)
We have the characters now and we will have them with us from now on, and Minna is not quitting art! She’ll do more projects and we can watch them develop! Change is good. Though there is some sadness.   :onni:
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4184 on: October 18, 2021, 02:22:11 PM »
Annuil, you are absolutely right. I didn’t mean to imply Minna should carry on now that she wants to do other stories. Still, I would have wished, and I know I’m not the only one, that she had felt passion for another Adventure.

Just to make sure, I said “we can hope” because obviously we can. But I don’t think she will return to SSSS any more after this is finished.