Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392273 times)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #4005 on: May 08, 2021, 06:10:09 PM »
Use glow-in-the-dark paint and freak someone out completely!

No, don’t! That’d be bad. I actually hate getting spooked so I’m bad for suggesting it 😔
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #4006 on: May 08, 2021, 08:34:42 PM »
Use glow-in-the-dark paint and freak someone out completely!

No, don’t! That’d be bad. I actually hate getting spooked so I’m bad for suggesting it 😔
Actually doing that would be bad. I can agree. But doing that here, in the other hand...
Spoiler: eventually scary if you have a vivid imagination • show

Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Opaque

• Scout
« Reply #4007 on: May 08, 2021, 08:52:02 PM »
Haha. Grey that's awesome. I would so love seeing that in the darkness of night. Spooky!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #4008 on: May 08, 2021, 09:19:32 PM »
The Little Dipper manifesting in a tree?!  O_O  Bonus points if the celestial orientation matches as well.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4009 on: May 08, 2021, 11:49:28 PM »
Glow in the dark paint is good for one thing: I know a couple of kids who have night skies done on their ceilings like that.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #4010 on: May 09, 2021, 04:03:21 AM »
eventually scary if you have a vivid imagination
Cuuuute, glowworms. >:D

(Seriously, if you want (noticeable and) scary, you'd have to paint actual eyes and some liquid oozing out of them. Bonus points for an "are those eyes following me!?" optical illusion.)

Glow in the dark paint is good for one thing: I know a couple of kids who have night skies done on their ceilings like that.
Oh, there are a couple more uses ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #4011 on: May 09, 2021, 05:58:54 AM »
True, those are useful. And the ones on the tree do remind me of glow worms or fire flies.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #4012 on: May 11, 2021, 03:19:51 PM »
Nice tree pictures.

About the comic style:
Emil has never looked this fat in a long time (on p.427), maybe in the childhood-flashback he was stocky as that. (Sorry for being blunt)

I wonder how the situation develops, some local spirits pitching in would really be interesting.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 03:28:14 PM by Groupoid »
Native: :de: (:ch:), Ok: :gb:, Rusty: :fr:, A bit: :ru:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4013 on: May 12, 2021, 12:57:11 AM »
The entire S-team is looking kind of compressed like Windy mentioned on page 426. But yeah, it’s weird. Even the trolls are looking silly rather than terrifying. Sufficiently terrifying so that I wouldn’t want to meet any of them :) But the scene is less menacing than it could be! Writing-wise it’s powerful but the cartoon-y feel of the art reduces the effect.

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

catbirds

« Reply #4014 on: May 12, 2021, 09:34:47 PM »
Yeah, I think the sort of chibi/compressed art style doesn't take away from it too much because I've seen it in some very intense shows/comics, but I think people did not really expect it from SSSS! Especially in such an intense and climactic scene. It was kind of weird to see the change, tbh, mostly because I've just finished a re-read of adventure 2.

Maybe the art style bled over from drawing 72 pages of LP in such a short time span?

Hedge

• Tumblr
« Reply #4015 on: May 13, 2021, 06:51:24 AM »
This is concerning, even if they're safe in the freezer and Onni doesn't catch a glimpse of the kade...we know noita can seriously overexert themselves magically and it can put them down but this looks like it's enough magic being thrown about to be felt by the non-mages. Onni was off on a suicide mission as is, anyone else get the impression he might be doing a cast from hitpoints-dangerous forbidden technique move, to use tropes terminology, trying to battle the kade in the magespace?

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #4016 on: May 13, 2021, 11:22:26 AM »
I do get the impression that he's not expecting, and possibly not intending, to survive this mission.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #4017 on: May 13, 2021, 12:11:02 PM »
The entire S-team is looking kind of compressed like Windy mentioned on page 426. But yeah, it’s weird. Even the trolls are looking silly rather than terrifying. Sufficiently terrifying so that I wouldn’t want to meet any of them :) But the scene is less menacing than it could be! Writing-wise it’s powerful but the cartoon-y feel of the art reduces the effect.
Agreed! Compare with that sequence in the hospital on the first adventure (when Mikkel pushed the archive into the troll's open mouth). Less critters, but a lot more frightening.
Spoiler: personal ranting • show
My theory is that our dear author decided to tune her (considerable) talent to "good enough", while we are used to "excellent", and in the beginning it was set to "outstanding". This would make easier to keep the four updates a week rhythm and free some time. I'd very much prefer two or three pages per week, but done with more passion. Of course that would extend this adventure for a longer time... It's true that even in "good enough" mode Minna is very good, way better than the average webcomic, but it's also true that I miss those pages so beautiful that could be made into a poster and hang on the wall.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #4018 on: May 13, 2021, 02:49:05 PM »
Or so vile they will appear in your nightmares, and Emil’s (yes, Tooth Scary I am indeed calling you vile. Sorry not sorry.)

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #4019 on: May 14, 2021, 06:58:50 PM »
grey, you are spot-on with your personal rant.

On another note, I don't think we've had a double-cliffhanger in a while!
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi: