Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392287 times)

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3960 on: April 03, 2021, 08:50:31 AM »
Oh, but that one is written in a completely different tone! Now I can believe in the story! (thanks!)

Yes, Smithsonian mag is a wee bit less sensationalist!  :haw:

(and of course the "time traveller" is real, but we cannot and will not believe in it because if we did the future from which it came wouldn't become real, so he would not come at all and his story could not exist... Unless we go to the "multiverse" option, where those paradoxes can fit without great trouble. :) )

O_o  This is why I get bogged down in sci-fi that involve time travel...
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3961 on: April 03, 2021, 05:09:37 PM »
Grey, unless it was the zombie bear disease that caused cities to become completely empty, because that is already started and whether we believe it not, the apocalypse is already unavoidable! 😱

I also tend to get headaches with time travel, although some are very good! The best of the best is Connie Willis’ Doomsday Book. It may also be relevant to our interests as it has epidemic / pandemic too! It’s extremely impressive, but also sad, scary, chilling... not good if you feel angsty about the current pandemic, or are generally prone to get angsty by stories.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3962 on: April 04, 2021, 05:47:38 PM »
BTW the new page, chapter cover for Chp 14 is up. And it looks very good and very scary!

Comments will be back after the break.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 05:50:31 PM by Jitter »
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3963 on: April 04, 2021, 08:16:26 PM »
BTW the new page, chapter cover for Chp 14 is up. And it looks very good and very scary!

Comments will be back after the break.
Comments appear to be back now. I'm not sure if that was deliberate on Minna's part, but they're definitely working.
It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3964 on: April 04, 2021, 08:49:44 PM »
Tough to say whether it's intentional.  It still says they'll be closed until the new chapter, but since it comes after the LP promo and its stubbornly unmodified description, it may be an oversight.  Or, forgetting to close them may be an oversight.  Who knows?

Also, kudos on the best chapter cover framing device since (at that time unintroduced) Reynir's braid.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Tarnagh

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3965 on: April 04, 2021, 08:54:38 PM »
Tough to say whether it's intentional.  It still says they'll be closed until the new chapter, but since it comes after the LP promo and its stubbornly unmodified description, it may be an oversight.  Or, forgetting to close them may be an oversight.  Who knows?

Also, kudos on the best chapter cover framing device since (at that time unintroduced) Reynir's braid.
Seriously! I'm really loving this chapter page. :)

Hopefully, everyone continues to "play nice" in the comments and it won't matter if they stay open.
It matters not how strait the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.

Annuil

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3966 on: April 04, 2021, 09:22:23 PM »
I just loved this chapter cover, when I saw it! Can't wait for the two weeks to end!.. I know it's not nice, Minna really needs that rest, but I still can't wait!  O_O :reynir:
And yeah, that teeth-frame is very cool. XoX
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3967 on: April 05, 2021, 08:23:27 AM »
Hopefully, everyone continues to "play nice" in the comments and it won't matter if they stay open.

Most of them at this point are on-topic for the page; but several people have come in to praise the bunny comic (by that name) without any explanation of what it's about. I'm still not going to get into Discus; but it looks to me very much like "playing nice" would amount to encouraging people to walk into it blind.

And I very much wonder whether those will be the only type of comment on the subject allowed to stay up.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3968 on: April 05, 2021, 08:32:21 AM »
I fear so, thorny. We will just have to continue talking about the comic and try our best to hold our patience and behave like civilised beings, whoever else doesn’t.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3969 on: April 05, 2021, 09:48:40 AM »
Sometimes all holding your patience does is keep you in the back of the bus. If you're allowed on it at all.

However, as I said, I've stayed out of Discus so far, and expect I'll keep doing so.

Róisín

« Reply #3970 on: April 05, 2021, 10:13:26 AM »
I well know the problem, thorny, having spent much of a long life as a woman working in male-dominated fields of science and mining, and as a Pagan woman living in a masculinist Christian society. The only answer I know is to endure, persist and never surrender, to be as good an example as I can to the young, and to hold to my own ideas of courtesy, decency and honour. And I will keep getting on the bus, and stubbornly holding my place, while trying to give others a hand up. Persistence and endurance is what I do.

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #3971 on: April 05, 2021, 10:18:38 AM »
And still the remaining yellow umbrella is centre stage... what important role will it play this time, I wonder?  ;D

Róisín

« Reply #3972 on: April 05, 2021, 11:14:17 AM »
Perhaps the umbrella can serve as a distraction, or catch the attention of a bear beast at just the wrong second?

SkyWhalePod

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3973 on: April 05, 2021, 01:26:14 PM »
I well know the problem, thorny, having spent much of a long life as a woman working in male-dominated fields of science and mining, and as a Pagan woman living in a masculinist Christian society. The only answer I know is to endure, persist and never surrender, to be as good an example as I can to the young, and to hold to my own ideas of courtesy, decency and honour. And I will keep getting on the bus, and stubbornly holding my place, while trying to give others a hand up. Persistence and endurance is what I do.

*slow wave of flag with Róisín's face on it*

The sheer artistic talent demonstrated in this chapter cover is a big part of why I won't walk away from SSSS. There's so much to learn from and appreciate.

Does that umbrella feel like a Chekhov's gun to anybody else? . . . Like, maybe Surma's/the kade's only weakness is yellow vinyl (or maybe polyester, I don't know which is more likely to survive 90 years of neglect), and that will be the only thing that saves our heroes from annihilation. . . .
Native: :us: Rusty: :de: :it: Very basic: :se: Thanks, anime: :jp: Learned a word yesterday: :fi:

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #3974 on: April 05, 2021, 01:45:28 PM »
Does that umbrella feel like a Chekhov's gun to anybody else? . . . Like, maybe Surma's/the kade's only weakness is yellow vinyl (or maybe polyester, I don't know which is more likely to survive 90 years of neglect), and that will be the only thing that saves our heroes from annihilation. . . .

Oh yes, very much so! The other one saved Emil from the wolf-beasts, so I'm guessing this one is going to fill some similar role. (My vote is for polyester, although it would have to be very durable!)