Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392198 times)

catbirds

Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3930 on: March 24, 2021, 11:17:30 PM »
Yes! Thank you wave for the compilation of some of the crew's best emotions :)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3931 on: March 25, 2021, 05:05:07 AM »
From the last panel, it seems that Surma, while being very sensitive to piercing sounds, is not that bad at hearing much deeper sounds as well...
Yes it seems, as long as those sounds are loud enough. So now we have many variables:
What will happen in the Onni-Kade fight? Will it get interrupted or continue?
What Mama Bear will do next: Mourn her loss or climb back the hill to attack the crew?
If the bears attack and Onni is trapped in a trance while fighting the Kade, what the rest will do? Start shooting? Try to carry his body while fleeing the scene?
How fast will Surma arrive? And when it arrives what it will do? Just kill anything that moves? We still know almost nothing about it.
And while the Kade is fighting Onni can it use its powers against the others, particularly Lalli and Reynir? (and there's still the possibility that little moment with one open eye was enough to doom Onni...)

So I'm glad we will have our chapter break filler to distract us, because it will be a high cliff to be hanging on... :)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Tindveden

• Drink Coffee! Do Stupid Things Faster with More En
  • Preferred pronouns: She, her
« Reply #3932 on: March 25, 2021, 07:12:50 AM »
Welp, I have added a new image to the Reaction Image Hoard.  I think we all feel this one this week.

I swear - that one almost made me levitate off my bed at one hour past midnight  O_O

PS: Great presentation!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 07:18:24 AM by Tindveden »

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3933 on: March 25, 2021, 07:22:55 AM »
Onni is out of the dreamworld alread, see here: http://sssscomic.com/comic2.php?page=410

What happened with the Kade, we don't know. Presumably it slipped away.
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Maple

« Reply #3934 on: March 25, 2021, 07:25:18 AM »
I definitely remember an earlier info page talking about kades and saying that it's possible for a mage to be infected by a kade and saved if the spell is broken right away. So I went googling and I found the page for it: http://www.sssscomic.com/comic2.php?page=151

The law of 'Conservation of Detail' tells me that's what's going to happen at some point. Maybe that's going to be Reynir's part? Either Onni or Lalli is going to look into the eyes of the kade, and then Reynir will be the mage that breaks them from the kade's spell.

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #3935 on: March 25, 2021, 08:07:02 AM »
and i wonder

why is Kade using three bears as protection, when it could just as easily be vibing around Surma.
conclusion: Surma can and would harm Kade.

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3936 on: March 25, 2021, 08:39:33 AM »
Onni is out of the dreamworld alread, see here: http://sssscomic.com/comic2.php?page=410

What happened with the Kade, we don't know. Presumably it slipped away.
Thanks! I thought it was Lalli behind Sigrun. My eyes were draw to the poor bears.

So Lalli broke Onni's spell with his "gentle touch" :). Now, if the Kade is gone they "just" have to deal with the remaining bears and Surma... Gone is my mental image of the group carrying a dormant Onni through the woods...

...Maybe that's going to be Reynir's part? Either Onni or Lalli is going to look into the eyes of the kade, and then Reynir will be the mage that breaks them from the kade's spell.
Many, myself included, see that as a likely scenario.

why is Kade using three bears as protection, when it could just as easily be vibing around Surma.
conclusion: Surma can and would harm Kade.
Could be. But we don't know if the Kade and Surma crossed paths before. The Kade, being ethereal and therefore silent, may be unaware of Surma.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3937 on: March 25, 2021, 10:55:31 AM »
Nah, don’t think that something like the kade would be ignorant of anything close to it, but we shall see.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Kitty

• blueberry juice
« Reply #3938 on: March 25, 2021, 11:15:01 AM »
gotta say, i don't look forward to seeing Surma as a whole haha
even just hands are nightmare fodder

Native: :hr:
Fluent: :gb: :us: :ba: :rs:
Can kinda understand but not really: :si:
Not really: :de:

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3939 on: March 25, 2021, 02:52:41 PM »
I know it's unlikely -- she was immune, so even if she didn't get taken into the kade it seems unlikely she could trollify -- but I've still got the idea stuck in my head that Surma might be Grandma, having managed to fight the kade off enough not to get subsumed but not enough to have remained fully herself. In which case, I'd think the kade would most certainly want to stay well away from her.

I think there's just something about those hands that strikes me as an exaggeration of a thin old woman's hands.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3940 on: March 25, 2021, 03:24:37 PM »
I think there's just something about those hands that strikes me as an exaggeration of a thin old woman's hands.
"The original trait of the Finnish version of 'Red Riding Hood' is the grandmother getting eaten and still not needing anyone on the outside to cut the wolf open."
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3941 on: March 25, 2021, 04:18:35 PM »
"The original trait of the Finnish version of 'Red Riding Hood' is the grandmother getting eaten and still not needing anyone on the outside to cut the wolf open."

Hah! I'd like to read that version -- tried finding it by googling, but failed. Have you got a good link (in English)?

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3942 on: March 25, 2021, 04:30:15 PM »
Hmmm, nice traditional horror... 'oh Grandma what big... ' *snikt*
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Tindveden

• Drink Coffee! Do Stupid Things Faster with More En
  • Preferred pronouns: She, her
« Reply #3943 on: March 25, 2021, 05:09:18 PM »
Hah! I'd like to read that version -- tried finding it by googling, but failed. Have you got a good link (in English)?

I would love to read that too, but JoB needs to write it first, I believe.

In the meantime there's always some interesting analyses, e.g.

https://owlcation.com/humanities/Angela-Carters-The-Company-of-Wolves-as-Folktale-Variation

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3944 on: March 25, 2021, 05:50:08 PM »
I would love to read that too, but JoB needs to write it first, I believe.
... you oughta know better than to tempt me ...
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15