Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392395 times)

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3855 on: January 16, 2021, 01:33:23 PM »
And the Visitor Centre is indeed Luontokeskus i.e. Nature Centre :)
New headcanon: By Y91, the concept of "nature" fell into disuse, essentially being superseded by terms a la "Silent World". Hence, once the team arrives at the resort and Lalli sees the ancient sign, he grabs Emils hand and tries to pull him aside to have the non-Finn "naturalized" a bit ...  :))
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #3856 on: January 16, 2021, 05:44:49 PM »
I knew someone would identify the location! Neat cable car.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3857 on: February 23, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »
Putting it here, because I have trouble using Disqus.
I’d like to put forward a motion to check up on the blanket fort and restock on supplies if necessary. For obvious reasons or ominous raisins.
Native: :de: (:ch:), Ok: :gb:, Rusty: :fr:, A bit: :ru:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3858 on: February 23, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »
Oh you are absolutely right! We’ll get right to it!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3859 on: February 23, 2021, 07:03:26 PM »
Ok, so Jitter supports Grupoid's motion. I will do the same. Anyone else votes? No? Well, voting is closed. Grupoid's motion is approved with three votes!
Congrats, Grupoid! ;)

I've already signed a (dubious) deal with the squirrels to provide the fort with an ample supply of cookies. If I suddenly disappear you know who's to blame!  :squirrelcookie:
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3860 on: February 24, 2021, 04:24:37 PM »
Thanks for supporting the motion. Whether the next storm will come during the current chapter or after the chapter break, we shall be prepared!
(And there went my dosage of political-speech-giving for the next decade or so. This potential to hold imaginary rallying speeches. Not gonna use it.)

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #3861 on: February 24, 2021, 04:51:43 PM »
Btw I like “ominous raisins”. Should we add that to the supplies? We already have the squirrel cookies, which are definitely ominous, and Minnions clearly like them!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #3862 on: February 25, 2021, 09:54:38 AM »
"Ominous raisins" sounds like an appropriate Minnionly supply. I wonder if the squirrel cookies contain ominous raisins?
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3863 on: February 25, 2021, 10:40:16 AM »
"Ominous raisins" sounds like an appropriate Minnionly supply. I wonder if the squirrel cookies contain ominous raisins?

*gasp!* Maybe that´s what´s in the crunchy bits! XoX

Spoiler: show
Would be a shame though... I don´t really like raisins... Maybe when they´re :sparkle: ominous :sparkle: they taste good.

In any case, it sounds like a very appropriate Minnion-supply.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #3864 on: February 25, 2021, 12:02:26 PM »
I’m sorry, I got very lost, what’s the decrypt for the “blanket fort”? Did I miss something or is it an inside joke?  :-[  :'D
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3865 on: February 25, 2021, 12:33:26 PM »
Twice I tried answering this question, but my brain got stuck each time and I postponed the answer. Now other people have answered the question already and I think I’m fine with that.

I have no idea what the raisins could be good for. Maybe they inexplicably accumulate to announce the arrival of horror in the comic or chapter breaks? Maybe we use them when posting our artworks, to warn the audience about gore, nudity etc.? I don’t know crunchy raisins or how you’d have to treat them to make them crunchy (candied raisins?), so I don’t think they are the crunchy bits.

Annuil, the blanket fort is an inside joke that arose in the Disqus comments. There’s a precedent to doing a check-up of the blanket fort, somewhere in the Disqus comments, with quite a lot of references to Lalli’s flashback (routine weapons inspection etc.), but I didn’t find it. There seems to have been “The Pillow Fort” on the forum, but that thread is relatively old. I’m sure Jitter or Crumpite could tell you more.
There is some (ancient) thread on the forum that explains some of the inside jokes. But I couldn’t find it ’till now. Maybe I’ll find it later.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:35:48 PM by Groupoid »

Jitter

• Valkyrie
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitch
« Reply #3866 on: February 25, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »
The blanket fort and the pillow fort are the same thing :) It’s an interdimensional haven and sanctuary for all Minnions, where we gather to huddle together when the comic gets too scary. Some while ago the welcome for new commenters included a long list of supplies, among them a “pass to the pillow fort”. I can’t recall when it was changed to blanket fort, may have been a misnomer by myself.

Anyways it’s a recurring item in the Disqus comments which usually comes up when the team is threatened. Maybe this discussion is prompted by the ominous raisins? People keep adding to it, at some point we were talking about how the Fort is inviolable and withstands any attack, keeping Minnions within safe, and Crumpite commented that he’ll nevertheless check the Tesla coil just in case. So, the fort has a defensive Tesla coil (and occasionally also artillery) now.

Sometimes such as when the tanker troll was rolling over Lalli, there are comments such as “the Fort is taking multiple hits over several sectors, but hull integrity is maintained” so I guess it’s a bit like a spaceship too. Only it’s in imaginary space :)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #3867 on: February 25, 2021, 02:03:56 PM »
Good to hear that there´s no raisins in the cookies. :'D

There seems to have been “The Pillow Fort” on the forum, but that thread is relatively old. I’m sure Jitter or Crumpite could tell you more.
There is some (ancient) thread on the forum that explains some of the inside jokes. But I couldn’t find it ’till now. Maybe I’ll find it later.

The blanket fort and the pillow fort are the same thing :) It’s an interdimensional haven and sanctuary for all Minnions, where we gather to huddle together when the comic gets too scary. Some while ago the welcome for new commenters included a long list of supplies, among them a “pass to the pillow fort”. I can’t recall when it was changed to blanket fort, may have been a misnomer by myself.

Anyways it’s a recurring item in the Disqus comments which usually comes up when the team is threatened. Maybe this discussion is prompted by the ominous raisins? People keep adding to it, at some point we were talking about how the Fort is inviolable and withstands any attack, keeping Minnions within safe, and Crumpite commented that he’ll nevertheless check the Tesla coil just in case. So, the fort has a defensive Tesla coil (and occasionally also artillery) now.

Sometimes such as when the tanker troll was rolling over Lalli, there are comments such as “the Fort is taking multiple hits over several sectors, but hull integrity is maintained” so I guess it’s a bit like a spaceship too. Only it’s in imaginary space :)

You know what all this tells me? We might need a Minnion-lore thread.

EDIT: RE inside-jokes-explaining. The only thing coming close that I know of is the (admittedly very ancient) forum-history-thread, which is a good read regardless.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 02:19:49 PM by Mirasol »
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Groupoid

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3868 on: February 25, 2021, 02:38:34 PM »
I’d happily contribute to such a thread. I already thought about making such a one. We could also add references/explanations to "Notoro" (such a cute name) and "Sleipnope". But a forum is not very suited for a knowledge base. Something like a wiki would be a better fit. Otherwise information and comments about the information get mixed and make it hard to read etc. I think that’s a very common problem for forum-using communities.
So maybe we should ask the Fandom-Wiki whether we could adopt a page for this. Or maybe you have other ideas or find my concern negligible? (Spelling "negligible" is so weird)

Ooh, we could have fanfic/RP where there are self-inserts caring for the blanket fort and its surroundings. But that’s soo weird.

And I didn’t manage to find the thread I mentioned. Not manually, not using the search function. Grr, elusive beastie. I recall that Haiz posted in it.

Edit: By the way & slightly off-topic, I saw some Tuuri-birds posted about the time Tuuri’s death was posted by Minna, but long before her appearance in adventure 2. Is there a chance that Minna got inspired by them?
And we should include/link the explanation of "butter good".
And we might write about the term "grossling". I was once very surprised reading that term in a fanfic, because I considered it to be a term made up by fans and non-canonical (not being used in the comic). But maybe Minna used it in a commentary once.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 03:03:43 PM by Groupoid »

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3869 on: February 25, 2021, 04:19:31 PM »
Well thought, Groupoid!
I see some activity in the wiki, particularly by our dear wave (wavewright62). But it looks like anyone can contribute for the wiki. So maybe it's a good time to do that :)
And there's a Glossary https://sssscomic.fandom.com/wiki/Fandom_Lingo_Glossary that could be a good place to put all those names. Some are already there. (The notoros are missing... but not for long, I suppose)

EDIT: I believe it would be nice if we could change the colour scheme for the Wiki... The present scheme is "a bit" too intense for my eyes. Maybe we could find something closer to the forum scheme? I don't know how that part works, tough.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I'm writing this and exploring the wiki a bit... There are admins, Nimphy and Solovei, and I already registred! :) One more SSSS thing in my life!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 04:31:15 PM by thegreyarea »
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society