Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392369 times)

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3810 on: November 13, 2020, 04:29:55 PM »
So what do you guys think made the bears turn away? Where do you think they’re going that’s so important that they don’t have time for a nice tasty snack? (From the bears’ point of view. I don’t want Emil to get eaten.)

Yes, let's not have bears snacking on our favourite Swede, please!

My two guesses: 1) They're smart enough to recognize a trap. After all, they've obviously been attacked in the past. 2) The kade is able to communicate with them and has warned them.

I kind of hope it's the first, if the kade is actually working with them rather than just using them for cover, it'd be even more difficult for the flock of clowns to deal with them.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3811 on: November 14, 2020, 06:37:19 PM »
I also hope it´s the first option...
Another possibility could be that, while the Kade may have not seen the trap or warned them, maybe it´s just calling them to it for an unrelated reason. Yeah, now that I type it that seems kinda unlikely... :'D
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #3812 on: November 22, 2020, 03:58:14 PM »
Well, it seems to be "none of the above", they just weren't interested in a tasty Swede. I guess that makes sense, bears aren't vegetarian.
Get it, swede, like rutabaga? Yeah, sorry, that's lame.

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #3813 on: November 22, 2020, 10:41:44 PM »
Wait! What if the bear is just trying to make a good cutlet out of the tasty Swede, she just dropped a car on him!  :'D  :emil:
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3814 on: November 23, 2020, 10:14:56 AM »
The more I see of those cubs, the more I think that's not two cubs, but one cub in two pieces. I don't know why that makes it seem more horrible, but it does.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3815 on: November 23, 2020, 04:50:40 PM »
The more I see of those cubs, the more I think that's not two cubs, but one cub in two pieces. I don't know why that makes it seem more horrible, but it does.

That seems to be a popular theory in the Disqus comments.  The fact that there are spines for each of them wouldn't necessarily be a logical stop when you have so many trolls adapting their ribs for other purposes.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3816 on: November 24, 2020, 08:16:45 AM »
That seems to be a popular theory in the Disqus comments.  The fact that there are spines for each of them wouldn't necessarily be a logical stop when you have so many trolls adapting their ribs for other purposes.

You're right. But it seems that Minna considers them fully separate entities, since she even named them (which is something she usually doesn't do for all trolls or beasts). There's also the fact that bears usually have two cubs (they can go 1 to 4, it seems, but 2 is the most frequent). So I'll stay with 2 very mutated cubs.
Additionally someone vented the theory that the headless and gutless state of the furry one could be Surma's work. I think it would be an interesting way to create a relation between them.
But now we will need even more patience, since in the coming weeks the update pace will be halved... :(
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3817 on: November 24, 2020, 08:06:52 PM »
But now we will need even more patience, since in the coming weeks the update pace will be halved... :(
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:10:08 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3818 on: November 25, 2020, 01:21:26 PM »
Ooops... maybe it's better not to talk about that.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #3819 on: November 25, 2020, 04:37:58 PM »
But it seems that Minna considers them fully separate entities, since she even named them

Techincally, the people in the story have given them names... and they could be mistaken.

Then again, at the moment they function more or less independently, so it probably doesn't really matter if they were once one.

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3820 on: December 24, 2020, 07:21:48 PM »
So, if all the mages just got yanked into the dreamworld, as the Discus comment seems to think: what are Mikkel and Sigrun and Emil seeing? Would the mages' bodies appear to collapse into sleep or coma?

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3821 on: December 25, 2020, 03:06:33 AM »
So, if all the mages just got yanked into the dreamworld, as the Discus comment seems to think: what are Mikkel and Sigrun and Emil seeing? Would the mages' bodies appear to collapse into sleep or coma?
No 100% proof, but the last panels before our POV changes to the magescape suggest that their RL bodies hold the same position that the magescape equivalents start out with - standing, with the same hand(s) over their eyes. I sure hope, however, that their RL bodies will not start to run around when their magescape presences do, what with the Bear Hole still nearby..

(Considering that they can bridge large distances in the magescape, that would also bring up the paradox that their RL bodies would need to effectively teleport to fully mirror the magescape goings-on. Or, in Onnis case, fly ...)

Mages usually go to sleep to enter the magescape. Might make it easier to get there, also less accident prone, but it's by no means a strict requirement, as Onni demonstrated here. (He also demonstrated how starting things awake can be a risk of falling.)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 03:13:09 AM by JoB »
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #3822 on: December 25, 2020, 09:39:00 AM »

Hm... I´m being reminded of the first ghost-attack back in Adventure 1 which had a similar situation. Reynir also suddenly found himself in the dreamspace in the same position he had left the real world in. In that case the next time we see him in the real world he does still hold that position, but he was sitting anyway, so perhaps he did faint (like the accompanying non-mages or at least Mikkel and Sigrun) and just got up again.

But in this situation we have right here: since at least Onni and Lalli are kinda dependant on the underwater-rock they are standing on, I doubt they could move too much, so they should be safe from the bearhole. Reynir on the other hand...
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
« Reply #3823 on: December 25, 2020, 10:05:56 AM »
In the case of Onni when he chucked the ghosts out of the cattank, he just kind of went into a trance sitting at the table (at the mercy of the changelings, who cut his ear) while apparently flying around in the dream world. So I'm guessing they'll just be standing there, or maybe fall down if they overexert themselves, but not dash around.

I'm not sure I quite approve of Minna's Christmas gift - an early page, yes, but that much longer of a cliffhanger before we find out what's going on!  ;D

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #3824 on: December 25, 2020, 08:46:17 PM »
Oh well, Mikkel, Sigrun and Emil have a chance of (1) ending up with three persons in coma on their hands, (2) getting two fainted Finns and Reinyr in the bear-hole (if none stops his RL body), or (3), in the best course of action, just three passed out mages which is not that bad because you can always wake them up.
Can’t wait to see what Minna is going to surprise us with on this matter (she always manages to surprise us, I don’t know how she gets all those great ideas for unusual plot twists)

I still wonder if non-mages can see Kade? Like, does it have a full form, when it’s not in somebody’s mind? Minna presented us some kind of its visual form but we still don’t know if it’s what normal people see (that being wrapped in something that has one eye)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 08:50:55 PM by Annuil »
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿