Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392399 times)

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3780 on: October 22, 2020, 03:56:47 PM »
I think the giant in that particular picture is dead, but it does share an uncanny resemblance to Surma´s claws... Maybe a similar development. Rising not-so-good expectations for what´s to come... I never realized that, thanks for pointing it out!

Also, welcome to the forum! If you want to, please stop by at the introduction-thread! (Of course not mandatory.) You can find it on the general-discussion-board, it´s pinned on top.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3781 on: October 23, 2020, 03:53:12 AM »
Fascinating going back to see it again with fresh eyes.  I'm now taken by the proper Victorian couple in the foreground.  Fashion, eh?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #3782 on: November 02, 2020, 05:05:59 PM »
So what color is Tuuri exactly? Last chapter was blue, and this one she's purple. This is obviously due to the difference in color schemes, so what do Onni/Lalli/Reynir see? She can't be transparent or they wouldn't be able to see her.
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3783 on: November 02, 2020, 06:12:18 PM »
I imagine she’s white and maybe translucent.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Annuil

• Scout
« Reply #3784 on: November 02, 2020, 09:26:13 PM »
I think she is just partly see-through, so she takes the color that the air or the things around have.
Also! Who’s hands are on the fifth (bottom left) panel? If that’s Onni (because the gloves look like Onni’s) is he left-handed??   :onni:   :V
Native:🇷🇺
Fluent:🇺🇸(🇬🇧)
Can say some phrases:🇫🇷🇩🇰
Learning:🇫🇮🇸🇪🇪🇸
Want to learn: 🇮🇸🇩🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3785 on: November 02, 2020, 11:15:07 PM »
I think Minna's said before that technically all of her characters are ambidextrous because it's easier to draw that way? (Unless if I'm mixing that info up with some other comic creator haha)

I'm also in the camp of thinking Tuuri's partially see-through/translucent.
:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3786 on: November 03, 2020, 02:28:34 AM »
Rather think that living in their world would be a good incentive to ambidexterity. Many people do have that potential - I can knit and do several other such domestic tasks ambidextrously because some of the ancient relatives who taught me used either hand, so that is how I learned to do it. Generally I do things requiring strength left-handed, and tasks requiring dexterity or a delicate touch right-handed, but not always.

And for a small woman with a lifelong involvement in martial arts, being ambidextrous has proved very useful, especially being able to switch hands in competition.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3787 on: November 03, 2020, 05:41:27 AM »
Annuil, I’m pretty sure it’s Onni. All the boys have black gloves, Mikkel has black cuffs and Sigrun has fancy brown gloves :)

Minna has said she has trouble telling right from left (chirality issues). It seems she doesn’t find it worth it to check for consistency, because items (such as Lalli’s rifle) and people keep moving around for no reason, and probably everyone is seen both right and left handed things over the course of time. So, everyone is ambidextrous, we might as well go with Róisín’s suggestion that they are all trained to be so on purpose :)

🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
« Reply #3788 on: November 04, 2020, 05:24:01 PM »
So, everyone is ambidextrous, we might as well go with Róisín’s suggestion that they are all trained to be so on purpose :)

Yes, it seems like a good idea to just say it´s planned. :'D It also really makes sense in context.

To the Tuuri-question, I´m also in the semi-translucent plus being affected by the surrounding lighting-boat. I actually included that in my "cat hat"-YoinkTober-picture. (I know that one doesn´t really have lighting per se, but it was my train of thought when deciding to make her lineart orange.) :tuuri:
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3789 on: November 04, 2020, 05:46:03 PM »
Rather think that living in their world would be a good incentive to ambidexterity. Many people do have that potential
So, everyone is ambidextrous, we might as well go with Róisín’s suggestion that they are all trained to be so on purpose :)

Yeah, put into that perspective, it makes a lot of sense for them all to be ambidextrous based on their environment. I'll be headcanoning that from now on :V

I actually included that in my "cat hat"-YoinkTober-picture. (I know that one doesn´t really have lighting per se, but it was my train of thought when deciding to make her lineart orange.) :tuuri:

And I just looked back to find the drawing you were referring to, what a great idea and lovely drawing!

Lallicat

• Scout
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they/it
« Reply #3790 on: November 04, 2020, 06:57:00 PM »
Kitty on today's page I just can't-  :'D Did she not just see what was happening? Silly Kitty.
Fluent in :us: and :fr:

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3791 on: November 04, 2020, 08:43:59 PM »
Perhaps she was focused on keeping look out for any trolls in the vicinity! Watching for trolls instead of watching the crew  :3
Or maybe she just wanted to test out the trap to make sure it worked  :'D

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3792 on: November 04, 2020, 09:27:28 PM »
I took one look at Kitty in that first panel and thought 'gonna jump, isn't she?'

Apparently it had occured to Sigrun too.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3793 on: November 05, 2020, 03:10:08 AM »
Kitty was suddenly overcome by blep!

That's not Sigrun grabbing her though, I think it's Reynir. Him and Lalli  consistently wear those half black with lighter fingers gloves, while Mikkel's and Onni's are brown and in any case one color, as well as Sigrun's which are otherwise different too. Emil seems to be carrying a selection of gloves upon his person, at minimum two-color ones like the other boys and brown ones with the turned up part on the arm like Sigrun's :) Nobody's shown with the laces sticking out like above Kitty's head on Panel 4 but many have laces along their arms, either in sleeves or gloves. I went back all the way to Väinö's (over a year! or a few days in comic time)

So, it could in theory be Emil as well, but Reynir seems to be the official cat herder now, so I think it's him.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 03:12:42 AM by Jitter »
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3794 on: November 05, 2020, 09:49:08 AM »
Ah. I think I wasn't really looking at the gloves, just at who looked to be closest to her in the previous panel.

Or maybe I wasn't thinking much at all; I'm kind of distracted at the moment.