Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 391380 times)

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3675 on: July 10, 2020, 08:27:59 PM »
I agree with you (that's becoming a tradition) :)
Now, while we wait, I'll entertain the idea that in the middle of the battle, a cowed Reynir will try to help (of course) in what he sees as an act of insane bravery (and probably sacrifice), just to find out that he's immune to all the Kade's spells. Thus, using his built-in "God mode", Reynir defeats the Kade and saves the day! \o/

Then he can finally call himself an immune person! Slap that on a transcript and he'll be in the advanced Icelandic mage courses in no time! (Just need to add the addendum that it's a very specific type of immunity in very rare situations, but really, who reads the fine print anyways? :'D)
He's even got the job experience to boot! "Defeating a Kade", the academy would be glad to have him!
:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #3676 on: July 10, 2020, 08:32:49 PM »
I'm in the same boat as Mirasol, each theory I read I think, "Yeah, that's plausible," even if it entirely contradicts another one that I also found plausible. And Minna will probably find a way to surprise us all. I must go off and make a list of all the ideas, to see who comes closest when we finally find out!
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3677 on: July 10, 2020, 09:22:08 PM »
I must go off and make a list of all the ideas, to see who comes closest when we finally find out!

That makes me wonder if it would be interesting to have a thread with a running bullet list of theories similar to the "Things Mikkel Madsen Is Not Allowed To Do" thread, where a list of theories is in the first post, possibly with the date it was thought of and who proposed it. Then people can drop and discuss random theories in the replies which would then be added to the master list of theories. Once a theory is confirmed or jossed it would be easy to go and compare what people were thinking at different points in the comic, based on the info at the time.
At the same time it sounds similar to this thread, but it would be a cleaner and more dedicated thread to archiving predictions and theories throughout the comic's runtime. But I dunno :P

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3678 on: July 11, 2020, 03:03:10 AM »
Or, we could just necro the heacanon thread.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #3679 on: July 11, 2020, 08:10:20 PM »
Or, we could just necro the heacanon thread.

It's not that ancient, it hardly qualifies as thread necromancy. Now if it were, say, five years old, that would be another story.

But... someone has to actually make a list. Given my attention span, that probably won't hap

ooooh, look at the butterfly....
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

ftmshepard

• slowing growing roots (more or less)
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3680 on: July 22, 2020, 11:13:51 PM »
Just caught up! I'm very excited to see Tuuri again; it's interesting that she returned. I wonder what called her?

Is the thing killing everything their grandmother, or the big threat, or both?

The bears are so aesthetic (I know, old, but new person!)
know: :usa:/ :canada: || extremely familiar: :vaticancity: learning: :mexico: :brazil: ancient greek || know the alphabet: :southkorea: :russia: || wish I knew :finland:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3681 on: July 23, 2020, 04:52:53 AM »
Just caught up! I'm very excited to see Tuuri again; it's interesting that she returned. I wonder what called her?

The bears are so aesthetic (I know, old, but new person!)
Good to see you here! :) I also wonder if it was Onni initiative to call for her sister or if she surprised him at some point, offering to join his quest or trying (unsuccessfully) to convince him to quit, (as pointed by or Finnish fellows, in their tradition some places of memory, like the tombstones at the island, facilitate contact with the spirits, so maybe there?) or yet if that happened by someone else intervention (is some deity trying to help?).

"The thing killing everything" is the one that killed the wolves and the cows? If so general consensus (IIRC) is that's Surma, that would be a big threat but apparently not connected with the Kade (that likes to kill birds) that may contain Ensi's spirit (or what's left of it).
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3682 on: July 23, 2020, 06:21:46 AM »
Wow Shep, that was quick! Welcome to the present!

Your post precicely sums up our discussions over the last weeks:

Plus the "How did Tuuri get back into the living world?"-discussion Grey mentioned. Glad to hear you will now be theorizing with us. :))
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

ftmshepard

• slowing growing roots (more or less)
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him
« Reply #3683 on: July 23, 2020, 12:39:27 PM »
I spent basically every moment not doing work catching up, whoops, that's... a lot of pages in very little time, hopefully I remember all of it.

Ensi seems the type to, when twisted, take over a... evil mage soul collective? So i'm excited.

And Surma is... so cool. The cows and bears were also quite pretty.
know: :usa:/ :canada: || extremely familiar: :vaticancity: learning: :mexico: :brazil: ancient greek || know the alphabet: :southkorea: :russia: || wish I knew :finland:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3684 on: July 23, 2020, 04:56:24 PM »
My favorite idea so far (assuming someone has to get ensnared) is that it’s Onni, and then Reynir uses his finding knack and finds him in the black storm that is the Kade. And when he says “do you remember me”, Onni does, partially because he’s heard the exact same thing from Reynir so many times.

This is a twist, and one that I can plausibly see happening from Minna.  She really likes those whiplash moments of horror to humour and back again.  I'm also reminded of the ominous boss fight that she solved with a quiet, "Are you tired?"

Spoiler: stream of consciousness • show
Although I now have another idea (I may or may not cartoon this) - kade attempts to ensnare Emil, and gets lost in the blue of his eyes.  Do they cry for joy of sparkles?  Do they heal by coming through the blue (light)?  Do they fall into blue space and land in Emil's old kitchen, get served cake, The End?  I like thgat one.  Speculating...
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3685 on: July 23, 2020, 05:34:18 PM »
Oo the kitchen version would be great!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3686 on: July 23, 2020, 05:41:10 PM »
Spoiler: stream of consciousness • show
Although I now have another idea (I may or may not cartoon this) - kade attempts to ensnare Emil, and gets lost in the blue of his eyes.  Do they cry for joy of sparkles?  Do they heal by coming through the blue (light)?  Do they fall into blue space and land in Emil's old kitchen, get served cake, The End?  I like thgat one.  Speculating...

Ooh, then Emil will get a new friend!  :V

And perhaps the dream won’t be as repetitive anymore, with the Kade around.  ::)

Plot Twist: SSSS becomes a slice of life sitcom-esque comic where Emil and the Kade get up to shenanigans within his dreams!  :'D

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3687 on: July 23, 2020, 05:59:34 PM »
How about a combination: Onni gets extracted from the Kade and ends up living in Emil’s head?
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3688 on: July 23, 2020, 06:22:41 PM »
That combination would result in all of the living Hotakainens having taken up residence inside of Emil’s head at one point or another.
And what better place could there be to have your soul ejected to? I mean, you’ve got cake, food, a nanny to take care of you, fire in the background that never quite reaches the house - sounds like a nice little vacation destination!

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3689 on: July 24, 2020, 06:03:13 AM »
That combination would result in all of the living Hotakainens having taken up residence inside of Emil’s head at one point or another.
I'm pretty sure that the present non-living ones would be able to find some spiritual backdoor to join the family-plus-one reunion.

(And repeat the "oooh, big house, you grew up in an orphanage?" quip a couple times.)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15