Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392240 times)

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3660 on: July 09, 2020, 06:17:55 AM »
On the other hand, as Ensi was immune, she shouldn't have physically trollified like that, especially if not integrated into the Kade. Surma notwithstanding, maybe there still is an inkling of hope something of Ensi survives within the Kade?

Agreed. While what drives Onni is probably the desire to kill the thing that destroyed his previous life (even if he gets killed in the process), I'm quite sure that there will be a part of Ensi inside the Kade (considering that part about exorcism in the info page), and that bit of Ensi will play a central role in the big boss fight closer to the end of this story.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #3661 on: July 09, 2020, 07:42:37 AM »
If we find out that its lair is on the former Joensuu library we will have an answer.
Heh. I remember waiting for Minna to reference this way back when ... ^-^
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #3662 on: July 09, 2020, 10:40:54 AM »
Heh. I remember waiting for Minna to reference this way back when ... ^-^

Hehe, that would be somewhat meta: "Two museums are based in the Black Diamond, the National Museum of Photography and a small museum dedicated to cartoon art." (Emphasis mine)
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

MollyVampiric

• I'm always up too late, don't worry
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her, with love
« Reply #3663 on: July 09, 2020, 11:33:32 PM »
Agreed. While what drives Onni is probably the desire to kill the thing that destroyed his previous life (even if he gets killed in the process), I'm quite sure that there will be a part of Ensi inside the Kade (considering that part about exorcism in the info page), and that bit of Ensi will play a central role in the big boss fight closer to the end of this story.
Gonna jump in here cause I'm glad someone mentioned the info page. Your theory opened my eyes up to other possibilities, but I was kinda predicting something else. Particularly that Onni or Lalli might look at the Kade and the other would have to help the infected one. It would be super tense and would totally enforce their brotherly(-ish) bond. They realize just how important they are to each other, y'know?

Maybe I just watch too many sappy movies, idk
Constructive criticism is highly appreciated! <3

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #3664 on: July 10, 2020, 04:38:31 AM »
Gonna jump in here cause I'm glad someone mentioned the info page. Your theory opened my eyes up to other possibilities, but I was kinda predicting something else. Particularly that Onni or Lalli might look at the Kade and the other would have to help the infected one. It would be super tense and would totally enforce their brotherly(-ish) bond. They realize just how important they are to each other, y'know?

Maybe I just watch too many sappy movies, idk
Yes, the info about the Kade, in this story context, looks like a "Chekhov Info"... ;)
There are several possibilities, and Minna will probably surprise us with something yet different from the ones we mentioned ( :D ), but that part where one (or two) of our mages get ensnared by the Kade, and have to be rescued by the remaining one(s) seems quite likely to happen, IMHO.
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3665 on: July 10, 2020, 05:02:13 AM »
I also think it’s more likely the exorcism will be needed for one of the team (team includes Onni, whether he wants it or not!). The page specifically says “recent” infection may be exorcised. Then again, if Ensi were able to hild on to part of herself, it could be a different thing.

My favorite idea so far (assuming someone has to get ensnared) is that it’s Onni, and then Reynir uses his finding knack and finds him in the black storm that is the Kade. And when he says “do you remember me”, Onni does, partially because he’s heard the exact same thing from Reynir so many times.

Spoiler: show
And partially because their sweet love conquers everything <3
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

MollyVampiric

• I'm always up too late, don't worry
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her, with love
« Reply #3666 on: July 10, 2020, 05:40:43 AM »
I also think it’s more likely the exorcism will be needed for one of the team (team includes Onni, whether he wants it or not!). The page specifically says “recent” infection may be exorcised. Then again, if Ensi were able to hild on to part of herself, it could be a different thing.

My favorite idea so far (assuming someone has to get ensnared) is that it’s Onni, and then Reynir uses his finding knack and finds him in the black storm that is the Kade. And when he says “do you remember me”, Onni does, partially because he’s heard the exact same thing from Reynir so many times.

And partially because their sweet love conquers everything <3

I hadn't even thought of that, but that is amazing
Is it too idealistic to hope that Lalli and Reynir could team up to help Onni realize how much he matters to them? If that doesn't become a thing, someone needs to write that. (I'd write that.)
Constructive criticism is highly appreciated! <3

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3667 on: July 10, 2020, 06:35:40 AM »
I would certainly read it if you wrote it!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #3668 on: July 10, 2020, 06:56:53 AM »
Is it too idealistic to hope that Lalli and Reynir could team up to help Onni realize how much he matters to them? If that doesn't become a thing, someone needs to write that. (I'd write that.)

Now we are all expecting you to write that! ;)

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3669 on: July 10, 2020, 09:20:45 AM »

Ooh, I like that one.

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #3670 on: July 10, 2020, 11:58:46 AM »
I will also absolutely read it!

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

Mirasol

• Ranger
  • Always do what cat!
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3671 on: July 10, 2020, 12:58:37 PM »
Hi! Just popping in here to say that I love to read all these cool theories. With every single one I´m like "yeah, I can see this happening..." and then the next one is completely different but I could still see it happening. I can´t really decide on a favourite theory myself so that´s all I´ll say for now. But I´m very much looking forward to seeing how it actually plays out. :))

I´d also read that.
supposedly studying, most likely drawing…

fluent: :de: :us: sort of: :fr: learning!: :fi: I wish…: :it:

Proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

:squirrelcookie: Current Squirrel-cookie-chef :squirrelcookie:

muidole

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3672 on: July 10, 2020, 04:09:30 PM »
There is so much interesting speculation! It’s so fun to read  ;D

All this discussion about the Kade makes me wonder if It would be willing, or bother to possess someone other than the Hotakainens in order to get closer to either Lalli or Onni? Would It even be able to, considering that none of the other characters are Finnish mages? Because the info pages only mention the Kade absorbing the souls of mages, not people in general. (But imagine how tense it would be for the reader to see a repeat of Possessed!Ensi trying to get Lalli to look her in the eyes, but with a possessed Emil/Reynir/Sigrun/Mikkel instead, and Lalli actually falling for it!)
Or would It just ignore all the other characters if either of the Hotakainens were in the vicinity and just go straight for the two of them?

Also, the top comment of page 177 mentions that the Kade was probably attacking the familiars of the sparrow sentinel mage (Kauko Katainen) at the beginning of Adventure 2. I wonder if at some point the cast makes their way southwest, only to encounter Kauko and see that his familiars seem to be acting strangely or missing entirely >:D

Jitter

• Valkyrie
« Reply #3673 on: July 10, 2020, 04:27:01 PM »
I agree with you in that Mikkel, Sigrun and Emil probably are safe from the Kade, or from its gaze attack in any case. As for Reynir - Icelandic battle mages are rare, Kades are extremely rare, and Finnish noitas don’t seem to think highly of the Seiður and vice versa. So, the likelihood seems remote of there being any actual data about the potential vulnerability of an Icelandic mage to Kade influence.

The fact that Onni doesn’t know about anything common between Finnish and Icelandic magic doesn’t mean there isn’t anything at all. They surely do share the same dreamworld.

thegreyarea

• Skald
« Reply #3674 on: July 10, 2020, 07:15:00 PM »
I agree with you in that Mikkel, Sigrun and Emil probably are safe from the Kade, or from its gaze attack in any case. As for Reynir - Icelandic battle mages are rare, Kades are extremely rare, and Finnish noitas don’t seem to think highly of the Seiður and vice versa. So, the likelihood seems remote of there being any actual data about the potential vulnerability of an Icelandic mage to Kade influence.

The fact that Onni doesn’t know about anything common between Finnish and Icelandic magic doesn’t mean there isn’t anything at all. They surely do share the same dreamworld.
I agree with you (that's becoming a tradition) :)
Now, while we wait, I'll entertain the idea that in the middle of the battle, a cowed Reynir will try to help (of course) in what he sees as an act of insane bravery (and probably sacrifice), just to find out that he's immune to all the Kade's spells. Thus, using his built-in "God mode", Reynir defeats the Kade and saves the day! \o/