Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392234 times)

Alkia

• Scout
  • any pronouns
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3525 on: March 11, 2020, 04:54:02 PM »
seeing this latest page i'm reminded of the info page showing the distance that the rash can travel depending on what the source is.

"some trolls have been known to spit."

but have trolls been known to expel bile from tanks on their back?  O_O

I don't know who, but I agree with whoever said that someone on this expedition really needs to start taking notes!!! Never mind valuable books, never mind Onni, think of what they could do with all this information of the silent world!
Knows:🇬🇧🇩🇪
Learning:🇳🇴, 🇨🇳
Wants to learn:🇨🇮(Gaelic), 🇫🇷

:A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3526 on: March 11, 2020, 05:31:00 PM »
I don't know who, but I agree with whoever said that someone on this expedition really needs to start taking notes!!! Never mind valuable books, never mind Onni, think of what they could do with all this information of the silent world!
*cries in missing Tuuri*
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3527 on: March 11, 2020, 06:15:39 PM »

I have a headcanon that Mikkel penned his memoirs after these expeditions, but skewed somewhat to cast himself in a more favourable light and liberally laced with 'true stories,' while ignoring the role of magework.  This memoir became the prevailing reference document for histories of the events. 
Spoiler: shameless self promotion irrelevant to the thread • show

I've made fanworks extrapolating artworks produced in the future, based on these memoirs.  Copenhagen has been resettled and is flush enough with cash to indulge in rediscovering cultural forms.
There is an opera,
and a version of the Nutcracker ballet.

Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3528 on: March 11, 2020, 06:53:28 PM »
Haa! It’s Mikkel the Greek God again 😍
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3529 on: March 12, 2020, 06:26:29 AM »
I have a headcanon that Mikkel penned his memoirs after these expeditions, but skewed somewhat to cast himself in a more favourable light and liberally laced with 'true stories,' while ignoring the role of magework.  This memoir became the prevailing reference document for histories of the events...

That's amazing, Wave! I love the details in the Opera drawing and how you managed to put all the characters there, and...

Haa! It’s Mikkel the Greek God again

...and of course Mikkel the Greek God, facing their enemies with its bare hands!
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Jitter

• Valkyrie
  • JOE guardian, SS Kuru keeper, Finn with some magic
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her, they/their
« Reply #3530 on: March 12, 2020, 01:08:54 PM »
With his bare chest!

I especially love the detail of how one of the trolls wounds Tuuri by pulling the red scarf into the air. I take you know a lot about stage productions, Wave!
🇫🇮 🇬🇧 🇸🇪 🇫🇷 (🇩🇪)(🇯🇵)((🇨🇳))

:A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Proud ruler of Joensuu Airport, Admiral of S/S Kuru on the Finnish lake systems. Also the Water Mother.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3531 on: March 12, 2020, 07:36:39 PM »
Haa! It’s Mikkel the Greek God again 😍
That's amazing, Wave! I love the details in the Opera drawing and how you managed to put all the characters there, and...
...and of course Mikkel the Greek God, facing their enemies with its bare hands!
With his bare chest!

I especially love the detail of how one of the trolls wounds Tuuri by pulling the red scarf into the air. I take you know a lot about stage productions, Wave!

Thanks for that!
I maaaay have seen a few ballet/dance performances in my lifetime (my ex was a sometime ballet dancer), in the years before I got poor. 
(The 80s were gooood times for dance.  Duck AIDs.)

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3532 on: March 12, 2020, 07:49:44 PM »
Nothing quite like ballet, is there? I go on the rare occasions I can afford to, and my middle daughter was very involved in her youth, so I saw a lot of the backstage and design stuff. She actually intended to be a dancer until she destroyed her Achilles tendons running marathons in her late teens. A pity, she would have made a fine strong ballerina- tiny but muscular.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Vulpes

• Ranger
  • Multa novit vulpes
  • Preferred pronouns: Anything used with affection or respect
« Reply #3533 on: March 14, 2020, 01:08:03 PM »
I have a headcanon that Mikkel penned his memoirs after these expeditions, but skewed somewhat to cast himself in a more favourable light and liberally laced with 'true stories,' while ignoring the role of magework.  This memoir became the prevailing reference document for histories of the events. 
Spoiler: shameless self promotion irrelevant to the thread • show

I've made fanworks extrapolating artworks produced in the future, based on these memoirs.  Copenhagen has been resettled and is flush enough with cash to indulge in rediscovering cultural forms.
There is an opera,
and a version of the Nutcracker ballet.

*splutters incoherently*

The opera and the ballet are...

*more spluttering*

I am soooo impressed. Brilliant. This made my day, after a long, chaotic and aggravating week.
Native: :ca:   Mostly gone: :fr:   A smattering: :de:   Learning!! :fi:

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #3534 on: March 14, 2020, 09:59:17 PM »
I have now stared at that opera image on three different occasions, and each time I find a new detail.

Just noticed that the Cat-Tank is now in Mikkel's image. I am now deceased.
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3535 on: March 15, 2020, 01:34:25 AM »
I have now stared at that opera image on three different occasions, and each time I find a new detail.

Just noticed that the Cat-Tank is now in Mikkel's image. I am now deceased.
(Actually, the picture is of the Nutcracker, with the big Mikkel being the Nutcracker grown large.  There was a large cattank in the pencils, in the back of the stage, but I couldn't get it to work and it didn't make the final image.  I substituted the star pendants as a last-minute addition.)(But thanks!)
(There are no images of the opera, as in the fic the players were just gathered around a bare stage in their normal clothes, singing off their printed parts.)

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #3536 on: March 16, 2020, 10:11:59 AM »
Calling it now -- Mikkel's plan is to make the troll fall over on its back
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

thegreyarea

• Skald
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Proud Guardian of Cabo Ruivo Seaport (Lisbon)
« Reply #3537 on: March 16, 2020, 02:48:54 PM »
Calling it now -- Mikkel's plan is to make the troll fall over on its back
I already asked myself how that thing stands over those spiky legs. I seems that it moves on fours and now is standing just because it has the glass to support. If that's the case maybe it will get immobilized, turtle-style, if it falls on its back. If only it didn't have so many friends...

BTW Lalli's concept of "not big, not many" needs clarification :)

(and it looks like I made it and became a safe-zone citizen! Yeah!)
Chapter break survivor: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:
Languages: :pt: :br: Capable: :gb: Can read and survive: :es: Knows a bit: :fr: :it:

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society

Suominoita

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3538 on: March 22, 2020, 07:43:02 AM »
I

BTW Lalli's concept of "not big, not many" needs clarification :)

Big means giant I guess and many a nest
Native :finland:
Fluent :uk:
Somewhat :sweden: :germany:

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #3539 on: March 26, 2020, 08:46:15 AM »
I was clearly wrong so I'd like to take this time to issue my most sincere and heartfelt apologies to all of you.