Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392439 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3450 on: July 23, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »
My headcanon is that Ensi is mortally wounded in body and/or spirit, and hands over the rifle herself, while also explaining and apologising for her 'mistake'.   
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3451 on: July 23, 2019, 04:56:04 PM »
Certainly possible.

They might not all, or even any, get killed right off. They might instead get infected -- same end result, but time to make arrangements.

I wonder whether whatever happened on the other islands has already happened, and that's where Hilja picked it up; or whether whatever it is escapes this lsland and then goes on to others. If something's still hunting survivors years later, though, then something survived.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3452 on: July 23, 2019, 07:55:26 PM »
this is all assuming that Ensi actually dies from this.

I think the worst possible scenario is that Ensi survives, but that her mistake was simply not bulldogging onto lalli's intuition in the first place.

Also having some serious flashbacks to when I came up with the concept of a "puppeteer" type troll for that AO3 story I put up a while ago.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

thorny

« Reply #3453 on: July 25, 2019, 08:22:57 AM »
Hilja, when she was really Hilja, kept such a nice space, didn't she?

Sunlight, plants, that cozy reading nook --

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3454 on: July 25, 2019, 08:57:51 AM »
It is a nice space, isn’t it. Post-apoc cottage chic.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3455 on: July 25, 2019, 12:48:56 PM »
I'm suspicious about that cooking pot. After all, whatever she smuggled was small enough to fit in a bundle.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Solokov

« Reply #3456 on: July 25, 2019, 08:39:41 PM »
It's eating him! And then it's going to eat us!... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD!
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3457 on: July 26, 2019, 05:29:23 PM »
It's eating him! And then it's going to eat us!... OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD!

I know that it's probably not the bag that's eating him, but it looks like it is, and all I can think of is this book from Harry Potter:

Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

« Reply #3458 on: July 27, 2019, 09:15:46 AM »
I know that it's probably not the bag that's eating him, but it looks like it is, and all I can think of is this book from Harry Potter:

I remember from reading the book magical beasts and where to find them, there's literally a creature that's an animated cloak that eats people that potentially is closer to what's stop the table.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3459 on: July 28, 2019, 12:04:36 AM »
I remember from reading the book magical beasts and where to find them, there's literally a creature that's an animated cloak that eats people that potentially is closer to what's stop the table.
Oooo interesting! Just Googled it and apparently the Harry Potter creature is called a Lethifold, but I wasn't able to find whether or not it was based off of any folklore/mythology. I was getting so excited about maybe being able to use a connection to figure out what Hilja's package was ^_^' Oh well
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3460 on: July 28, 2019, 07:45:44 PM »
I know there're several similar D&D monsters (the most common is called the cloaker, but there are a few different "looks like a garment and then it eats you" mimics in earlier versions because early editions were like half composed of traps and things that pretend to be useful until you try and use them at which point they kill you), so either it is based on something specific or it's just common to the human psyche to be afraid that our blankets will eat us
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

thorny

« Reply #3461 on: July 28, 2019, 10:13:05 PM »
Did Hilja have the thing tied up in there?

I can't tell whether all that stringy stuff is bindings -- in which case why is it partly undone?   or part of the troll -- in which case why did it stay in the bundle?

Solokov

« Reply #3462 on: July 29, 2019, 09:43:46 AM »
dunno. methinks she may have used it to taint the food/water supply though and that's what happened to the town.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3463 on: July 29, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
Did Hilja have the thing tied up in there?
I can't tell whether all that stringy stuff is bindings -- in which case why is it partly undone?   or part of the troll -- in which case why did it stay in the bundle?

As I just posted to Disqus, if that thing is possessed in some way as well and the "rider" is evil, the option of letting it struggle (vainly) against its bonds (when no villagers are watching) might qualify as the onboard entertainment system.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3464 on: July 29, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »
dunno. methinks she may have used it to taint the food/water supply though and that's what happened to the town.

I don't think water supply tainting is needed, since Hilja may have very well infected Illmari during the bake sale, and almost two weeks have gone by since. There was a bunch of people at that bake sale, and all those people are now welcoming family members back from the harvest.

Otherwise, an idea that could support the "Ukko-Pekka is the kade" theory crossed my mind. I started wondering if a factor other than coincidential close proximity could have made only Lalli notice something was off with the rat-bundle, and I started wondering if it could be because he's related to whoever made the masking spell, while Ensi is not. The kade would hence have a reason to go after Lalli and Onni to get rid of mages that can see through its spells, and would also want to get rid of the twins and their wives so they don't have more kids.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:15:32 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.