Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392371 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3420 on: June 17, 2019, 07:11:06 PM »
I think I can't just stay quietly and wait, so better just to have conspiracy over what maybe happens.

There are road signs pointing to Keskusta (Centre) and Niemelän tila (Niemelä's farm). Lalli and the crew are coming from Center (possibly meaning the center of the village) and going towards the Niemelä's farm. As the map of Saimaa has established before, the farming parts are surrounding the village centers.

They might just go past it but you know, I can't help but have a bad feeling about every small detail o___o
Trolls aren't the reason why the village got wiped off from the world map, but would the farm connect in any way? Only times shows.

Indeed, the name of the farm wouldn't be included like this for no reason.  I'm not sure why there's a sign indicating the centre, as there isn't a wharf at this bridge, it's elsewhere at the settlement.  Perhaps there's a separate wharf on the (right-hand) half.
*sits and waits next to Temteno*
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #3421 on: June 17, 2019, 09:15:44 PM »
We do have somewhat of a record of the length of Reynir's hair at different ages.
The page suggests that he didn't really start growing it until his childhood was fairly advanced.

I just had a hilarious realization while looking back at this page: Bjarni is a mechanic. What happened on his job to make him say, "...and that's when I knew what death looks like." ? XD
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3422 on: June 18, 2019, 02:12:25 PM »
I think that a stream transcript that got posted before the people taking care of it got too busy has Minna explain that Bjarni once had to make a repair a little too close to the location of a fight between his crewmates and a sea beast, or something like that.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 03:16:27 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3423 on: June 18, 2019, 04:02:02 PM »
I just had a hilarious realization while looking back at this page: Bjarni is a mechanic. What happened on his job to make him say, "...and that's when I knew what death looks like." ? XD
I think that a stream transcript that got posted before the people taking care of it got too busy has Minna explain that Bjarni once had to make a repair a little too close to the location of a fight between his crewmates and a sea beast, or something like that.

Oh, I just thought he'd been called upon to help repair the Dalahästen at some point.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Noi

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3424 on: June 26, 2019, 04:58:08 PM »
The exact transcript is:

Q.: So how did he find out "how death looks like" as a mechanic?
A. (1:08:04): Well, first you go working on a sea-beast hunting ship as a mechanic, and you look out the window, and the warriors that are supposed to fight sea-beast on little hunting vessels get completely crushed by the monster and there you are, the mechanic looking out the window, seeing all of it while you’re fixing a leaky pipe or something, and then you have nightmares for the rest of your life.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3425 on: June 26, 2019, 05:58:10 PM »
The exact transcript is:

Q.: So how did he find out "how death looks like" as a mechanic?
A. (1:08:04): Well, first you go working on a sea-beast hunting ship as a mechanic, and you look out the window, and the warriors that are supposed to fight sea-beast on little hunting vessels get completely crushed by the monster and there you are, the mechanic looking out the window, seeing all of it while you’re fixing a leaky pipe or something, and then you have nightmares for the rest of your life.

Scholarship for the win!  Thanks for that.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3426 on: July 01, 2019, 12:21:28 PM »
Calling it now on the off-chance it's one of the few times I'm right: Tuuri enacted that "take a boat to the other islands" plan and Onni went after her. The two of them avoided whatever happened in the village proper because they were put in quarantine after the incident.

EDIT: Thanks to a combination of now having a job, having a rule against logging into anything personal that isn't my e-mail from work, France's one-hour difference with Finland and this week's early updates, I got proven wrong in record time  :)).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 04:06:33 PM by Grade E cat »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3427 on: July 01, 2019, 04:04:51 PM »
Nah, Grade E cat, it could still happen.  It's not a bad theory at all - certainly plausible!

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3428 on: July 01, 2019, 04:13:57 PM »
I had just realized exactly the same thing on my own when I saw your message. One of my unspoken assumptions was that if I was right, they were already there. My speculative energies may or may not be entirely focused on various means via which young Tuuri could be introduced right now...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 04:16:09 PM by Grade E cat »

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3429 on: July 08, 2019, 08:55:53 AM »
Did we just see Ensi's big mistake?

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3430 on: July 08, 2019, 09:19:00 AM »
Seems like a small mistake with big consequences.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Oripoke

• Tumblr
« Reply #3431 on: July 08, 2019, 04:39:28 PM »
I don't think this was Ensi's mistake. But it's likely going to play a role in whatever destroys their village.
It came out of weeks in quarantine, and we know their village wasn't killed by a Rash outbreak, so it isn't anything biological... my intuition is that it has something to do with dark magic, or maybe a malicious spirit.

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3432 on: July 16, 2019, 08:33:45 AM »
Whatever it is, it's making Hilja avoid cats.

Are we sure it's not a Rash outbreak? On page 107 Mauri says it wasn't a troll attack; but maybe he just means a troll attack from outside. And he does refer to an "outbreak". But isn't Hilja supposed to be immune?

Demopans

« Reply #3433 on: July 16, 2019, 12:18:09 PM »
If the outbreak was magical in nature, then wouldn’t cats have already detected it?

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #3434 on: July 16, 2019, 04:10:08 PM »
My working theory is that Hilja was taken over by a troll but not infected so that she would pass quarantine, smuggled the troll with her through quarantine as the suspicious bundle, and then it infected her, and now she has infected that guy by breathing on him.

In other words, what we're seeing here is a deliberate, well-planned strategy to infiltrate and destroy a settlement rather than a brute force assault. The obvious counter would be to have mages and/or cats at every quarantine facility scanning every last thing that goes into/through the facility.

I also think the kade will turn out to be a trollified Hilja.