Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392245 times)

Suominoita

• Safe-Zone Citizen
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3405 on: June 08, 2019, 01:15:48 AM »
Mau(no?ri?) Hollola.

My theory is that Tuuli had another child; moreover that she was also pregnant in the boat, it just didn't show yet.

Further, Tuuli had recently visited a doctor for ultra-sound and was freaked out by all the Rash patients there. For that reason Tuuli has no intention of giving birth in a hospital. Thus she definitely gets almost everything ready for a sauna-birth. She needs another one who is a mother to help, as that was how it was traditionally done -- enter one heavily pregnant sister-in-law...
Native :finland:
Fluent :uk:
Somewhat :sweden: :germany:

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3406 on: June 09, 2019, 09:45:59 PM »
That's an interesting page.

I wonder which one of them did that? And/or is Lalli there also?

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #3407 on: June 09, 2019, 10:43:48 PM »
That's an interesting page.

I wonder which one of them did that? And/or is Lalli there also?

You mean, who hosts the dreamscape? For the trees, I would say Lalli, but I'm ready to be disproved. I hope it's not Lalli, because if this is a remembrance dream sequence, this will hurt a lot (and I bet Lalli would hate it if his friends saw something so personal)
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

thorny

« Reply #3408 on: June 10, 2019, 10:05:01 AM »
I meant, mostly, which of them either pulled the other(s) into the same dreamspace, or moved themselves into another's dreamspace. But whose dreamspace it is is also an interesting question. I wonder whether combination dreamspaces are possible?

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3409 on: June 10, 2019, 02:52:38 PM »
I, on the other hand, am wondering what's with Lalli's parental figures grabbing him by the back of his collar lately.
*Notices the resemblance with something else*
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3410 on: June 10, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »
I meant, mostly, which of them either pulled the other(s) into the same dreamspace, or moved themselves into another's dreamspace. But whose dreamspace it is is also an interesting question. I wonder whether combination dreamspaces are possible?
Hey, maybe they're all in Mauri's space!   :))
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3411 on: June 10, 2019, 07:34:51 PM »
I guess that would be another explanation as to why they're all younger in this dream?
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3412 on: June 12, 2019, 12:39:01 PM »
In post-Rashia Finland, memorial site remembers dreams of you! >:D
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Oripoke

• Tumblr
« Reply #3413 on: June 15, 2019, 12:56:30 PM »
I'm excited to see where this goes in the next story arc. As far as I can remember, (and based on what Minna said on livestream) this is going to be the first chapter wherein our Terrible Trio can all speak to each other using a common language. I wonder what they'll say to one another, now that they have the chance?

Also, fat kid Emil is adorable. But why is he in a shared dream with the other two? Reynir and Lalli I can understand, but Emil's not a mage. Maybe he has some residual magic from when Lalli was stuck in his head for a few days. We shall see!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3414 on: June 15, 2019, 07:05:42 PM »
I'm excited to see where this goes in the next story arc. As far as I can remember, (and based on what Minna said on livestream) this is going to be the first chapter wherein our Terrible Trio can all speak to each other using a common language. I wonder what they'll say to one another, now that they have the chance?

Also, fat kid Emil is adorable. But why is he in a shared dream with the other two? Reynir and Lalli I can understand, but Emil's not a mage. Maybe he has some residual magic from when Lalli was stuck in his head for a few days. We shall see!

I suspect that last point is correct, but we've also seen Lalli (in his ever-so-charming manner) ask Reynir to meet him on purpose.  I don't think this particular meet-up is at all on purpose, though, especially seeing Lalli's face.  Does this Lalli have the same self-awareness that Emil showed in his dreamspace?
Also very excited to see.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Suominoita

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3415 on: June 16, 2019, 10:03:55 AM »
I suspect that last point is correct, but we've also seen Lalli (in his ever-so-charming manner) ask Reynir to meet him on purpose.  I don't think this particular meet-up is at all on purpose, though, especially seeing Lalli's face.  Does this Lalli have the same self-awareness that Emil showed in his dreamspace?
Also very excited to see.

Not on purpose, no. Emil has seen the same dream of his past over and over until Lalli was in it. This time, Lalli is having a similar dream, and for some reason both Emil and Reynir are also in it...

It's just too much of a difference not to notice. Seeing these two people there as children is just such a definite tell that it just brings that awareness along if it wasn't there earlier. Especially with Reynir lacking his braid.

Sure, Lalli's wish-dream had Reynir say he'd cut it off; in this one he apparently has -- but then he was brought to harsh reality...
Native :finland:
Fluent :uk:
Somewhat :sweden: :germany:

thorny

« Reply #3416 on: June 16, 2019, 11:31:55 AM »
My guess is that it isn't that Reynir-child had cut his braid off at some point, but that he hadn't yet grown it long in the first place.

Children's hair is easier to deal with if it's cut fairly short. At least, my mother thought so. I didn't get to grow mine out until I was old enough to take care of it myself.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3417 on: June 16, 2019, 12:23:56 PM »
We do have somewhat of a record of the length of Reynir's hair at different ages.
The page suggests that he didn't really start growing it until his childhood was fairly advanced.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 03:00:24 PM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

thorny

« Reply #3418 on: June 17, 2019, 08:30:10 AM »
Those are some really fluffed up cats.

-- bah. I just realized that whatever happens to the people probably happens to the cats, too.

Temteno

« Reply #3419 on: June 17, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
I think I can't just stay quietly and wait, so better just to have conspiracy over what maybe happens.

There are road signs pointing to Keskusta (Centre) and Niemelän tila (Niemelä's farm). Lalli and the crew are coming from Center (possibly meaning the center of the village) and going towards the Niemelä's farm. As the map of Saimaa has established before, the farming parts are surrounding the village centers.

They might just go past it but you know, I can't help but have a bad feeling about every small detail o___o
Trolls aren't the reason why the village got wiped off from the world map, but would the farm connect in any way? Only times shows.