Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392348 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3390 on: May 24, 2019, 11:32:40 PM »
.... There's a whole lost settlement named Mikkel... I'm absolutely certain that's just a coincidence and not foreshadowing
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3391 on: May 24, 2019, 11:37:16 PM »
.... There's a whole lost settlement named Mikkel... I'm absolutely certain that's just a coincidence and not foreshadowing
It’s a city called Mikkeli. Coincidentally, the prologue Hotakainens lived there.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3392 on: May 25, 2019, 01:57:07 AM »
I noticed that detail also, and was actually quite amused to see a map with Mikkeli on it for the first time since the prologue.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Temteno

« Reply #3393 on: May 27, 2019, 08:14:22 PM »
My assumptions about Savonlinna being a hard place to go through were thrown out of the window - but hey, I don't mind them traveling peacefully as long as they can :D

What I am also really happy about is that Minna drew Olavinlinna (name of the castle) on the horizon as they row under the Old Bridge of Savonlinna! That city and the castle have really special places in my heart. And hey, if someone has ever a chance, every July there is the Opera Festival in the castle ;)

Spoiler: Olavinlinna on the horizon • show

My assumption of Onni, Lalli and Tuuri's settlement was also wrong. By what I can navigate with the help of the new page, they live in this area (unless they just stopped by that area - then I will be proven wrong again). Pretty close to Savonlinna actually!

Spoiler: The settlement on the map • show

As many others, I'm uneasy of what waits ahead. Things have been pretty calm in this second adventure after all...

Demopans

« Reply #3394 on: May 28, 2019, 08:15:14 AM »
I can’t imagine what must be going on in that isolated northern group of settlements everyday.

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3395 on: May 28, 2019, 09:44:23 AM »
Growing food. Finding food. Cooking food. Cleaning up. Growing, finding, preparing material to make clothes from. Making the clothes. Finding and preparing materials to repair buildings with, and doing the repairs, and sometimes making new buildings. Finding and cutting firewood. Taking care of fires. Repairing fences. Taking care of livestock. Caring for the sick. Dying. Burying bodies. Patting cats. Making love. Making babies. Taking care of babies. Teaching children. Learning. Gossiping. Singing songs and telling stories. Making songs and making stories. Dancing. Playing games.

In other words, pretty much everybody's life, through prehistory and most of history. Much of that was also done in isolated settlements.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3396 on: May 28, 2019, 09:58:25 AM »
Sounds about right to me, thorny. As you say, same throughout history.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3397 on: June 06, 2019, 09:51:28 AM »
That graveyard must hold nearly everybody Lalli knew as a child. Glad somebody's going down there with him.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3398 on: June 06, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »
Something tells me we may be in for something on par with this tomorrow and/or next week.

Also, about time Emil met Lalli's parents.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3399 on: June 06, 2019, 10:11:34 PM »
*flaps hands at page 108*  Confirmation that Tuulikki, Jukka & Juha all died in the whatever went down in year 79.  And now Tuuri's stone is next to her father's, so sweet of Onni to look after that way. 
But
where is Anne-Mari's stone?  *gasp* 
(also, it's nice to verify that they are definitely in Y91 now, as per Tuuri's headstone - it's been a topic of speculation for some time)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:19:42 PM by wavewright62 »
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #3400 on: June 06, 2019, 10:36:01 PM »
i don't know why but the illustration minna posted under today's comic seems more nightmarish than usual

its mouth is full of unbroken skulls... wtf

definitely rates probably a close second to the tooth monster from an early chapter for me
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 10:45:43 PM by yung_chrysanthemum »
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3401 on: June 07, 2019, 11:27:19 AM »
Oh.. that's a 1.. I misread that as a 7 and was about to rampantly speculate that it meant that the rash plague started in 2006 as the implication would be it's 2097 and that y0 would be 90 years prior... But well that makes more sense I guess.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3402 on: June 07, 2019, 12:40:53 PM »
*flaps hands at page 108*  Confirmation that Tuulikki, Jukka & Juha all died in the whatever went down in year 79.  And now Tuuri's stone is next to her father's, so sweet of Onni to look after that way. 
But
where is Anne-Mari's stone?  *gasp* 
(also, it's nice to verify that they are definitely in Y91 now, as per Tuuri's headstone - it's been a topic of speculation for some time)

*Puts on glasses for the sole purpose of taking some stereotypical snooty scholar pose*
Actually, the fact that they are in Year 91 was confirmed by the newspaper. From my point of view, Tuuri's stone confirmed that the Year had moved to 91 by the time she died.

Otherwise, I am of those who interprets Anne-Mari's stone as missing rather than not shown, if only because I would have personally put the twins together, and their respective families on either side of the pair. Being part of team "Ensi is still alive" contributes to me leaning that way as well.

Also curious about that Hollola grave that belongs to someone who isn't in the family tree.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 03:00:41 PM by Grade E cat »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3403 on: June 07, 2019, 06:17:40 PM »
Maybe Veeti has kids other than Taru? Or Tuuli had more children after Veeti?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3404 on: June 07, 2019, 06:49:21 PM »
The inclusion of an unknown Hollola is evocative, and I can see Minna not including someone on the official family tree for spoilerish reasons. We shall see.
OTOH, I possess a rather specific Estonian surname. There aren't that many Estonians in the US, but there are at least two wholly separate families with my surname. One of those is even from the same area of Estonia (and is not a name of the manor whence its freed serfs were given as their new surname),  and yet there is no relation that we can establish.
All told, though, I think it's just an unshown relative whose story does not directly effect our protagonists.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior