Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392200 times)

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3210 on: September 19, 2018, 07:11:25 PM »
I wonder if Onni decides that this time he goes and Lalli stays? I mean Onni is afraid -- but after losing Tuuri he might be more afraid something happens to Lalli. And the others... well, none of them can speak Finnish and Lalli can't speak anything but -- and Onni speaks Icelandic. Language barrier was originally solved by Tuuri but she's not there anymore.  :'(

Indeed.  Minna has stated it's the same characters, but the language barrier issue will not be rectified over a span of a few weeks their time.  Perhaps the ability to dream-speak between Emil & Lalli will continue, and maybe Reynir & Lalli will also come to some understanding and use this method. 
Doesn't help anybody in the field, though.
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3211 on: September 19, 2018, 07:26:08 PM »
Onni could translate for Lalli, perhaps? Also, Lalli has learned a few words of Swedish already. And if that were my little cousin, I would want to be in the same place to look after him.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3212 on: September 19, 2018, 09:28:05 PM »
Onni could translate for Lalli, perhaps? Also, Lalli has learned a few words of Swedish already. And if that were my little cousin, I would want to be in the same place to look after him.
Yeah, my guess is that Onni is going to want to go with Lalli to protect him instead of replacing him. If the new crew outfit designs are any indication, Lalli will get to (have to?) go adventuring too.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3213 on: September 19, 2018, 10:41:18 PM »
If the new crew outfit designs are any indication, Lalli will get to (have to?) go adventuring too.

Hold up.... what? NEW uniform designs?
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3214 on: September 20, 2018, 02:25:51 AM »
Hold up.... what? NEW uniform designs?
Yep, on the stream. (Can't link from here, will edit later if no one else has it.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3215 on: September 20, 2018, 03:13:29 AM »
The finished version of the original new uniform design line-up is somewhere on Twitter in three separate parts as far as I know, and is intended to be used for the second story's character profiles from what I understood.

BUT those new designs have already been used in one piece of artwork that's on the official site's gallery, so here's a glimpse of them:
"Still water" drawing
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:50:11 AM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3216 on: September 20, 2018, 10:58:33 AM »
Good grief, capes?!

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3217 on: September 20, 2018, 12:45:39 PM »
Good grief, capes?!
*cue series of Minnions all channeling their inner Edna Mode and going, “No capes!”*

In terms of translations, though I guess they have things mostly covered.
Mikkel, Sigrun, and Emil can (mostly) understand each other.
Mikkel can translate for Reynir.
Mikkel can translate for Onni, who can translate for Lalli...going through two layers of translation is going to have comedic results, I’d think.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

Suominoita

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #3218 on: September 20, 2018, 02:56:15 PM »

In terms of translations, though I guess they have things mostly covered.
Mikkel, Sigrun, and Emil can (mostly) understand each other.
Mikkel can translate for Reynir.
Mikkel can translate for Onni, who can translate for Lalli...going through two layers of translation is going to have comedic results, I’d think.
Yes. There might be times when Swedish and Danish aren't mutually understandable. They'd need Norwegian in the middle. So it may be that Emil talks to Sigrun who talks to Mikkel who talks to Onni who talks to Lalli... Going trough everyone but Reynir that is. Good thing Emil and Lalli are beginning to learn each others languages. if very slowly. Maybe the others will be learning too (would be quicker than between Emil and Lalli I guess).

Also, I'm not sure if Reynir joins the next adventure or goes to Iceland's mage academy.
Native :finland:
Fluent :uk:
Somewhat :sweden: :germany:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
« Reply #3219 on: September 21, 2018, 08:28:02 AM »
So who else hasn't gotten an email yet from Hivemill saying your Kickstarter rewards have been sent?
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #3220 on: September 22, 2018, 12:28:45 AM »
Good grief, capes?!

NO CA-
*cue series of Minnions all channeling their inner Edna Mode and going, “No capes!”*

D'arvit!

BUT those new designs have already been used in one piece of artwork that's on the official site's gallery, so here's a glimpse of them:
"Still water" drawing

Yogg Saron?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:30:26 AM by Solokov »
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #3221 on: September 22, 2018, 09:06:01 AM »
In the flashback when Lalli made the one word report it looks like he and Onni are wearing capes.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3222 on: September 22, 2018, 04:47:19 PM »
Good grief, capes?!
Capes and cloaks are simpler to make than coats.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3223 on: September 22, 2018, 08:19:07 PM »
Capes and cloaks are much easier to make than a coat. Also it depends a lot on the cut. I wouldn't wear one with lots of dags and tags and floaty bits that could catch on things. But I have a plain hip-length cape made of a heavy dull-green woollen felt that is one of my favourite winter garments. The collar is extended into two scarf-like ends which wrap around my neck and lower face and which serve to make it easier to breathe in freezing conditions (a bit like the collar on Lalli's coat but the scarf-like bits are about twice as long and not as rigid). It is made from a roughly rectangular piece of wool felt, and does up at the front with a few big buttons, then I can wrap the scarf bits around my throat and face if it is cold enough, or just leave them hanging down. They are not as long as the cape, and quite heavy, so don't get in the way - I can and do wear the garment in the bush in winter, but it is plain and tidy enough to wear in town. A friend gave it to me years ago, and I've worn it for more than twenty years without problems.

For more formal occasions (and for wearing to reenactment events) I have a couple of plain straight calf-length woollen cloaks of more conventional design, one made from finely woven dark brown wool and the other from a piece of Isles tweed fabric one of my aunts gave me. Both are very warm and comfortable, but I wouldn't wear them in rough bush, because a longer garment is more prone to catch on things.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3224 on: September 22, 2018, 09:22:18 PM »
Capes and cloaks are much easier to make than a coat. Also it depends a lot on the cut. I wouldn't wear one with lots of dags and tags and floaty bits that could catch on things. But I have a plain hip-length cape made of a heavy dull-green woollen felt that is one of my favourite winter garments. The collar is extended into two scarf-like ends which wrap around my neck and lower face and which serve to make it easier to breathe in freezing conditions (a bit like the collar on Lalli's coat but the scarf-like bits are about twice as long and not as rigid). It is made from a roughly rectangular piece of wool felt, and does up at the front with a few big buttons, then I can wrap the scarf bits around my throat and face if it is cold enough, or just leave them hanging down. They are not as long as the cape, and quite heavy, so don't get in the way - I can and do wear the garment in the bush in winter, but it is plain and tidy enough to wear in town. A friend gave it to me years ago, and I've worn it for more than twenty years without problems.

For more formal occasions (and for wearing to reenactment events) I have a couple of plain straight calf-length woollen cloaks of more conventional design, one made from finely woven dark brown wool and the other from a piece of Isles tweed fabric one of my aunts gave me. Both are very warm and comfortable, but I wouldn't wear them in rough bush, because a longer garment is more prone to catch on things.

Those sound like lovely capes, can’t say I’d mind having one right about now.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.