Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392250 times)

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3135 on: July 27, 2018, 08:01:13 AM »
Couldn't help but notice that the orange thingy that may or may not be "it" is still relatively close as far as we know. I really hope that call for help had some kind of property that made Onni the only one able to hear it.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3136 on: July 27, 2018, 03:49:20 PM »
Couldn't help but notice that the orange thingy that may or may not be "it" is still relatively close as far as we know. I really hope that call for help had some kind of property that made Onni the only one able to hear it.
Speculation: it's Reynir, who charges in against the monster before Onni can show up, thus getting back into Onni's good graces without even trying.

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3137 on: July 27, 2018, 06:45:46 PM »
Speculation: it's Reynir, who charges in against the monster before Onni can show up, thus getting back into Onni's good graces without even trying.

Reynir showing up and saving the day would be absolutely fantastic. Seeing all three mages working together and being bffs 4ever? to fight monsters in the dream world would be even better.
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3138 on: July 28, 2018, 02:33:41 AM »
This line of speculation fits in fairly neatly with wattabirch's ID of our nasty as possibly the Omen thingy from pg 580.  There is an avian form and one that looks like our red-eyed buddy in there.  Also, the fact that it was an omen visible by Reynir as well as Lalli makes me speculate that LooNEY may be right about Reynir joining the fray. 
Sounds like good times are about to roll, if you can call blood-curdling magickal mayhem 'good times'?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3139 on: July 30, 2018, 06:05:08 PM »
... why is the comment section of page 940 closed already? Did I miss another Kung Fu Storm?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3140 on: July 30, 2018, 06:33:48 PM »
... why is the comment section of page 940 closed already? Did I miss another Kung Fu Storm?

I don't know, it was abruptly closed off about an hour ago.
I suspect it was because I posted a mild spoiler which I thought was pretty vague but maybe it wasn't & Minna's offended and now I'm convinced it's all my fault and I've deleted the comment I am so sorry if it was me...

Okay, it wasn't me, Minna said it was a mistake with the opening date.  Still, no more spoilers for me!

And in other news, that malevolent spirit cracking Lalli's air bubble...  O_O nuuuu
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:51:15 PM by wavewright62 »

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

Mebediel

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: She/her/hers
« Reply #3141 on: July 30, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »
And in other news, that malevolent spirit cracking Lalli's air bubble...  O_O nuuuu

Strange how the bubble is being cracked instead of popped. Will it be a significant detail, or is it just a thing?
Butter good.
Native language: :usa: | Okay at: :china: | Not very good: :mexico: | Working on: :vaticancity:, :england: (OE), :france: | Wishlist: :germany:, :iceland:, :norway:, :finland:, Shanghainese, Esperanto

:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3142 on: July 31, 2018, 12:29:15 AM »

Strange how the bubble is being cracked instead of popped. Will it be a significant detail, or is it just a thing?

As usual, not sure if my reading is correct, but the way I see it, it's not just his air bubble that's being burst (that one appears as a small, irregular blob around his head in previous panels), but so is his magical shield (the large sphere around his whole body with the reddish tinge). I suppose the cracking sound comes either from the latter.... or indeed his bones. Now it's anyone's guess what it means to be injured in dream space, but it can't be good O.O
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:32:51 AM by Sc0ut »

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #3143 on: July 31, 2018, 12:45:16 AM »
Now it's anyone's guess what it means to be injured in dream space, but it can't be good O.O

Well we know when Owl-Onni's ear got nicked in the dream world the changeling children chopped off a chunk of his real ear. Cracked dream bones could maybe cause some furniture to topple over onto real Lalli bones :(
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3144 on: July 31, 2018, 12:52:41 AM »

(I tend to think it sounds more dramatic and painful this way, as opposed to what a squeezed submerged bubble would usually do.  Usually it would just blooop deform a bit, or blrorrp divide into two.  As masterful as Minna is with sound effects, this prospect is more hilarious than suspenseful.)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3145 on: July 31, 2018, 01:12:56 AM »
Wyrm, from the incident with Onni's ear it looks as though Minna is using the same rules as apply in many our-world magical traditions: damage to the spirit is reflected in the flesh. For example, someone drowning in the dreamworld might choke on their spit because they are unconscious and haven't been put in the 'recovery position' that one learns about in first aid courses, or their house might flood, or they might fall asleep in the bath and drown.

Cracking both the air bubble and the shield might do similar things, or induce the breaking of bones from some 'natural' cause, or induce a stroke?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #3146 on: July 31, 2018, 01:45:50 AM »
Wyrm, from the incident with Onni's ear it looks as though Minna is using the same rules as apply in many our-world magical traditions: damage to the spirit is reflected in the flesh. For example, someone drowning in the dreamworld might choke on their spit because they are unconscious and haven't been put in the 'recovery position' that one learns about in first aid courses, or their house might flood, or they might fall asleep in the bath and drown.

Cracking both the air bubble and the shield might do similar things, or induce the breaking of bones from some 'natural' cause, or induce a stroke?

Yes, that's what I was thinking. It's just difficult to think of a 'natural' way for bones to spontaneously break.

Maybe a particularly heavy notoro flies through the window and lands on Lalli?
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3147 on: July 31, 2018, 02:35:57 AM »
Or as you said earlier, furniture could topple?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3148 on: July 31, 2018, 02:56:07 AM »
 O_O You guys are right... I forgot about the mirroring wounds. Now I'm REALLY worried.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3149 on: July 31, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
Maybe a particularly heavy notoro flies through the window and lands on Lalli?
We have a clumsy Swede currently trying to tango with them to do that kinda job. Remember Doc Doormat?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15