Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392389 times)

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3090 on: May 21, 2018, 11:28:31 AM »
Her backtracking is shown in the two first pages of Chapter 18.

You're right, of course. I think I somehow missed the second of those pages entirely; I don't remember it at all. The first I remember seeing, but I didn't realize that she was at the scene; I thought she was just looking out over the general area of the possible backtrail, though now that I look at it again it seems more obvious.

Yes, the crushed or drowned options would certainly have been possible. And I suppose that the bodies might have then been eaten by something else; or that she might have meant that one of them might have been eaten before the other killed the troll.

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3091 on: May 22, 2018, 03:33:45 PM »
That's interesting. I hadn't realized Sigrun had backtracked all the way to the location where Lalli and Emil were attacked.

But if she thinks they might have been eaten, what does she think killed the giant?
If we wanted to get technical, she's including the possibility that *one* of them was eaten and the other drowned etc?
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #3092 on: May 24, 2018, 02:31:48 AM »
I can't unsee Emil's hair as looking a lot like Reynir's in that last panel. This is a really bad sign...
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

thorny

« Reply #3093 on: May 24, 2018, 10:17:46 PM »
Hmmm. Thinking about it . . .

Reynir can travel from one dreamspace to another. And Reyner can still get to Lalli's dreamspace.

Lalli's problem seems to be that he's not in his own dreamspace, but in Emil's.

If Reynir can find out that that's what happened, can he get to Emil's dreamspace, get Lalli, and guide him back to where he belongs?

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3094 on: May 25, 2018, 02:47:22 AM »
From what I read on the page discussions, this seems to be the general idea. I'm personally wondering if getting the info will be enough, or if there is going to be some kind of obstacle that will keep him from going there and require getting Onni involved.

My own thought about this page is that the map kind of looks like Emil may have been eating it. If it's the case, I wonder how it compares to spoiled food and candle soup.

thorny

« Reply #3095 on: May 25, 2018, 08:47:13 AM »
From what I read on the page discussions, this seems to be the general idea. I'm personally wondering if getting the info will be enough, or if there is going to be some kind of obstacle that will keep him from going there and require getting Onni involved.

And I wonder whether whatever It is that's presumably still after Onni and Lalli will show up --

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3096 on: May 25, 2018, 04:05:18 PM »
I'm personally wondering if getting the info will be enough, or if there is going to be some kind of obstacle that will keep him from going there and require getting Onni involved.
Like, a sparkly force field around the head in question? :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Grade E cat

• Ranger
« Reply #3097 on: May 28, 2018, 07:53:04 AM »
I think I figured it out: Emil gained the capacity to understand cats and that speechbubble belongs to a cat that promptly decided to ask for food upon seeing a human.

Either that or my currently hyper-active brain had great timing in getting me on the "Could there be more trolls like Anne?" train over the week-end.

Incidentally, I'm having a small fixation on the narrative reason that single speechbubble manages to be such a whammy. It's recognizable because it looks virtually identical to Anne's, but Anne's was identifiable as belonging to something harmless in the first place because it shares similarities with the speechbubbles Lalli has had ever since he got stuck in Emil's body.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:09:23 AM by Grade E cat »

thorny

« Reply #3098 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:43 AM »
It's year 90. Unless something drastic has happened to the lifespans of cats, or there's a surviving human colony in the immediate area, there's no cat alive out there who's ever had contact with a human. They're not going to see a human as a possible friendly source of food; they're going to see a large omnivore who they'd expect to eat cats if given the chance. Feral cats avoid humans.

I wonder about a troll dog in its remembering-not-to-bite-humans form?

I also wonder whether it's something asking if Emil and Lalli have food; or asking if they are food; or, just possibly, offering them food.

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #3099 on: May 29, 2018, 09:25:49 PM »
…Is anyone else having an issue with disqus or is it just my phone?
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

midwestmutt

• Scout
« Reply #3100 on: May 30, 2018, 08:41:26 AM »
Discus was having a bad day. First it obliged me to log in every time I went to the SSSS page and then it dimmed out and was unresponsive all evening. Today it seems to have recovered.
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :chap17: :chap18:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3101 on: May 31, 2018, 09:47:58 AM »
So, it wants to eat Emil and Lalli.

And yet it's speech bubble is white.

Does that mean that the white bubble is indicative of a higher level of intelligence in the troll rather than just completely trapped?
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

thorny

« Reply #3102 on: May 31, 2018, 09:52:06 PM »
It's got functioning brains enough to dress itself in a sun shield; if not an entirely effective one.

-- and it's also got unggh those teeth --

It doesn't seem to be in pain, or in any obvious distress except for hunger. That's also unlike the trolls we've seen before.

Hearth

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3103 on: May 31, 2018, 11:28:29 PM »

It's got functioning brains enough to dress itself in a sun shield; if not an entirely effective one.

I originally though that was some sort of leaf-camouflage/armor growth that was part of it, but looking more closely, it does look more like sun protection that it intentionally built. The concept of a more intelligent, seemingly a little more sentient, type of troll is kind of scary, even if it’s more, erm...friendly...than most and not as aggressive, plus, as mentioned before, it seems quite happy and not distressed or trapped. It’ll be interesting to see exactly what makes this little guy different (other than what we’ve already seen) and why.
Native: :usa:
Learned a little, forgot most of it: :france:
Learning: :vaticancity:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #3104 on: June 04, 2018, 12:04:08 PM »

I originally though that was some sort of leaf-camouflage/armor growth that was part of it, but looking more closely, it does look more like sun protection that it intentionally built. The concept of a more intelligent, seemingly a little more sentient, type of troll is kind of scary, even if it’s more, erm...friendly...than most and not as aggressive, plus, as mentioned before, it seems quite happy and not distressed or trapped. It’ll be interesting to see exactly what makes this little guy different (other than what we’ve already seen) and why.

it doesn't unthinkingly wanting to eat Emil and Lalli. It *knows* it wants to eat Emil and Lalli.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy: