Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 390840 times)

Narnia4Aslan

• Super-Newbie
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #3015 on: March 09, 2018, 11:23:30 AM »
Ok then! Here's my first brave entry into the SSSS Forum bottomless pit (a very nice bottomless pit, not at all dark or dangerous or dirty or... actually I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but I hope this here place is more like a Hobbit Hole than the Pit of Despair! :) )

I'm not even sure if this is the right thread or location for the following image but here goes. In response to the latest page (Page 870) I referenced Sliepnope appearing outside my Mom's hotel room. Crazy I know but I have proof!

After reading the "How to Page" https://ssssforum.com/index.php?topic=429.0
Let's see if this works!

Edit:
okay, okay, so first run through the land of photo-hosting sites didn't quite go as planned. After photobucket blocked some folks from seeing the picture and wanted me to "upgrade" for $80/year I decided to find a different solution. So here's a direct link to Shutterfly! https://pix.sfly.com/cM2ifk
And in the meantime I'll try to find another site where I can have a link that will actually show as an image on this post... So yay for learning new stuff?! *End Edit

TaDa! Do you see him?! Do you see Mr./Mrs./Mz./It Murder ghost? Muahahahahaha! Just who you want lurking in the hotel hallways!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:02:21 PM by Narnia4Aslan »

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3016 on: March 09, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
OMG Narnia4Aslan, what an epic first post!  I will greet you properly after I come out from under the bed, those things are scary.  (Fortunately shades of autumn are coming back in style.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #3017 on: March 10, 2018, 06:18:47 PM »
And in the meantime I'll try to find another site where I can have a link that will actually show as an image on this post... So yay for learning new stuff?! *End Edit
Welcome to the forum Narnia4Aslan :D I've found that the easiest way to upload pictures to the forum is by using imgur
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Narnia4Aslan

• Super-Newbie
« Reply #3018 on: March 11, 2018, 09:58:24 PM »
Thank you, Thank you! Warm welcomes are much appreciated! :) And thank you, JacobThomsen for that good advice. I'll have to look into that! :) I haven't really posted or introduced myself anywhere else yet. I have a lot of reading and catching up to do! (and must not forget real life, must not forget... must... not.... forget.....)

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #3019 on: March 11, 2018, 10:44:47 PM »
Narnia4Aslan, welcome to the Forum! Have you found the introduction thread yet?
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #3020 on: March 11, 2018, 10:55:37 PM »
So... the last panel I thought I could spy some troll goo creeping on the tree on the left.

And we just got a discussion between Lalli and Emil about how trolls can get in the mind of mage and mess with it. 

This could be bad.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

October Sky

• Tumblr
  • Smile like you mean it
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they? Honestly no clue at this point
« Reply #3021 on: March 11, 2018, 11:04:19 PM »
so am I the only one seeing some unfortunate parallels here?  (see the image comparison below)
https://further-down-the-spiral.tumblr.com/post/171781927312/this-has-to-be-my-way-to-set-things-right
Nationality: :usa:
kinda but not really: :japan:
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3022 on: March 12, 2018, 01:16:48 AM »
I see what you're getting at.  I somehow think it won't be a similar outcome, though.  I also am skeptical that there is going to be any sort of breakthrough from it either.
What I want to know is, why didn't we get a look at that sign?  Is that for Mikkel to discover?  He does read Danish after all, and it's possible Reynir doesn't read, full stop.

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)

October Sky

• Tumblr
  • Smile like you mean it
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they? Honestly no clue at this point
« Reply #3023 on: March 12, 2018, 02:42:42 AM »
I see what you're getting at.  I somehow think it won't be a similar outcome, though.  I also am skeptical that there is going to be any sort of breakthrough from it either.
What I want to know is, why didn't we get a look at that sign?  Is that for Mikkel to discover?  He does read Danish after all, and it's possible Reynir doesn't read, full stop.

oh yeah I definitely don't think it's gonna end like that.  If anything, this could be our chance at getting her back *crosses fingers*.  regardless, it seems too much of a parallel to be entirely unintentional.
Nationality: :usa:
kinda but not really: :japan:
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #3024 on: March 12, 2018, 09:20:51 AM »
so am I the only one seeing some unfortunate parallels here?  (see the image comparison below)
https://further-down-the-spiral.tumblr.com/post/171781927312/this-has-to-be-my-way-to-set-things-right

I think it's unintentional. That's just the way Minna draws characters Running Fast. See this page for instance. (I know there are more, probably better examples but this is one I could find).

This shows Reynir in a similar pose, and also connects interestingly with your post :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:27:23 AM by Sc0ut »

|Yucca|

« Reply #3025 on: March 12, 2018, 10:43:45 AM »

There's also another clear parallel to the info page about Vätte. http://sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=274

There's a person, in the woods, with a back-pack full of cat. And what do we have in today's page? Yeah.
I barely survived:
:chap5:  :book2:  :book3:  :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #3026 on: March 12, 2018, 01:54:44 PM »
it's possible Reynir doesn't read, full stop.
If you mean to say that he might be unable to, even in his own language, please note that he left a letter for his family.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3027 on: March 12, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »
If you mean to say that he might be unable to, even in his own language, please note that he left a letter for his family.
So he did, good catch!

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #3028 on: March 12, 2018, 10:32:28 PM »
Church! Church church church!

and in bright sunlight, too.

Next question (well, aside from the one of what's on the other side of that tree, and is it the tree he's got his hand on): how much trouble is he going to have persuading Mikkel and Sigrun to take him seriously?

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3029 on: March 12, 2018, 10:35:01 PM »
Depending on how far along they are today, maybe they could be convinced that this is a safe place to stop for the night?