Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392195 times)

Windfighter

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
Re: Re: Character Development: Emil
« Reply #2850 on: November 02, 2017, 01:13:50 PM »
(and while we could discuss the "soul" concept, I hope, we all agree, that any kind of thinking & speaking required working brain?)

What do you say about Sleipnope then? Sleipnope's original brain has obviously rotted away ages ago but they still seem able to form thoughts.

Either way Lalli's brain still exists so even if it wasn't for the fact that souls obviously are able to function without brains, his soul still has the brain it's supposedly connected to.

...This feels like it belongs in the latest page-thread and not the character development thread :P
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2851 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:14 PM »
What do you say about Sleipnope then? Sleipnope's original brain has obviously rotted away ages ago but they still seem able to form thoughts.

Only after it imprinted itself on at least partially material form of horse-beast (it is partially material; it is able to very audible snap the teeths - http://www.sssscomic.com/comicpages/576.jpg - which ghost hardly could do).

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2852 on: November 02, 2017, 01:34:23 PM »
And, again, SSSS ghosts ARE material - in some way. They are affected by gravity. They could not go through solid objects (albeit they seems to be able to affect peoples through solid objects, but on relatively short distances). I.e. we have some sort of material carrier of some really weird kind... and, since ghosts tend to stuck to physical forms of humans or trolls, they POSSIBLY have some structural analogue of brain.

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2853 on: November 02, 2017, 02:48:40 PM »
Bear in mind that we're reading a comic in which a trollified horse, for instance, can survive ninety years tied up and therefore with effectively no access to food or water.  I suppose it got rained on from time to time, but that's hardly going to have been enough to keep a physical horse hydrated, let alone fed; and yet, there was still a physical horse there.

While the details are unclear to us (and I suspect may also be unclear to Minna), I think we have to assume that magic, in the SSSS universe, is capable of overriding physical constraints.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2854 on: November 02, 2017, 03:01:00 PM »
Bear in mind that we're reading a comic in which a trollified horse, for instance, can survive ninety years tied up and therefore with effectively no access to food or water.  I suppose it got rained on from time to time, but that's hardly going to have been enough to keep a physical horse hydrated, let alone fed; and yet, there was still a physical horse there.

Well, it doesn't seems to be moving much... And, since I really doubt that 90Y old wooden plank could actually hold a horse-sized beast for a long time, it seems that horse-beast have no particular need to go somewhere. And it seems that trolls could hybernate in bad conditions.

P.S. It seems that the floor of horse-beast stable was flooded, so the water probably was no particular problem.

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2855 on: November 02, 2017, 05:50:30 PM »

...This feels like it belongs in the latest page-thread and not the character development thread :P
I think I agree.  :?
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2856 on: November 02, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »
Today's page reminded me of this:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:35:47 PM by JacobThomsen »
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #2857 on: November 02, 2017, 11:36:11 PM »
I feel like the last few pages have had some interesting plot implications RE: the nature of the Rash. Lalli being in Emil's head clearly seems like the opposite of the voices that infected people hear. And we've also been given a direct metaphysical connection between the magespace and the dreams of normal people, and (way earlier in the story) an indication that there is some corruption in the magespace. This all seems like really important information that ties a lot of things together; for example I get the vague feeling that we should understand now why the minds of trolls are able to communicate on the radio.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it, though.  :V
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2858 on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:48 AM »
for example I get the vague feeling that we should understand now why the minds of trolls are able to communicate on the radio.

Well, both the human brain and radio are working on electromagnetic impulses... problem is, the brain actually worked on electrochemical impulses, and pretty much isolated from outside fields.

ZanarNaryon

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: She/Her
« Reply #2859 on: November 03, 2017, 03:41:36 AM »
Thank you, you non-shippers are always so generous to remind us shippers that our happiness bothers you :) Always nice to hear.

Not sure if that was supposed to be passive aggressive, but if it was, I'm a shipper myself, I just don't ship those two. I said "Plug my ears" because I don't want to let it bother me, but I don't want to stop you. Do whatever the hell you want
Native: :norway:
Fluent: :england:
Understands: :sweden: :denmark:
Unpracticed: :iceland:
Working on it: :germany:
A few assorted sentences in Quenya
:chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05: :A2chap06: :A2chap07:

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2860 on: November 03, 2017, 02:46:40 PM »
Today's page reminded me of this:

Hahahaha that's so funny and cute <3
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2861 on: November 03, 2017, 03:03:44 PM »
Top things that may convince Mikkel that Emil is indeed sharing his body with Lalli:

5: Reynir doesn't need to tell him to avoid the ghost hideouts because he's doing that on his own.
4: He consistently grabs Lalli's rifle instead of his own while gearing up.
3: He knows Finnish words that Tuuri is very unlikely to have taught him.
2: What's left of the cookies is vanishing despite Lalli being unconscious.

And finally...

1: He knows how to aim.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2862 on: November 03, 2017, 03:32:40 PM »
Top things that may convince Mikkel that Emil is indeed sharing his body with Lalli:

5: Reynir doesn't need to tell him to avoid the ghost hideouts because he's doing that on his own.
4: He consistently grabs Lalli's rifle instead of his own while gearing up.
3: He knows Finnish words that Tuuri is very unlikely to have taught him.
2: What's left of the cookies is vanishing despite Lalli being unconscious.

And finally...

We still don't knew how much of Lalli is inside Emil. Currently, we have three phrases. No one of them is actually undeniable proof; they aren't that much differ from the someone's own "inner thoughts".

I.e. my version - that we are talking not about neuroclone, but about neural shadow - still hold.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2863 on: November 03, 2017, 04:28:26 PM »
And finally...
I'm afraid that that concept will fly right over Mikkel's head. ;)
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2864 on: November 03, 2017, 06:12:02 PM »
Not that I expect this to kill the "Emil can't aim ever ever ever ha ha ha" idee fixe in the fandom, but...

In panel 3 here, Emil kills a troll with one shot, holding his gun one-handed.

Apparently, this is how he was trained to fire his weapon.