Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392381 times)

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2760 on: September 28, 2017, 11:44:25 AM »
"why would it?".

Why wouldn't it? Sleipnope has shown disdain and malice towards the living, masquerading as a nonviolent spirit could bring about an end to its goal... Whatever that is.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2761 on: September 28, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »
Why wouldn't it? Sleipnope has shown disdain and malice towards the living, masquerading as a nonviolent spirit could bring about an end to its goal... Whatever that is.

Firsl of all, its currently unclear, has it disdain against living at all, or against someone exactly. Let's not forget, that the Sleipnope threats (when it attempted to communicate) were pretty personified. So, it may actually hold a more direct grunge against someone in team for some reasons. After all, ghosts that formed Sleipnope clearly put a lot of efforts in trailing the team. And, considering how pathetic they looked after failed attack -

-http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=658 -

(and let's not forget that horror/cute scene when they hide inside the car... http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=784 ...generally looking tired and miserable)

- this little journey isn't exactly all fun and relaxations for Sleipnope either. This is hard, resource-draining, determined effort. And Sleipnope is capable of rational thinking, don't forget that. It wouldn't do that, if it haven't got some kind of rational explanation for its action.

masquerading as a nonviolent spirit could bring about an end to its goal... Whatever that is.

Maybe, but for what reason? At the moment, when pastor A appeared, Sleipnope planned to overrun the expedition by a herd of trolls/beasts, and for the Speilnope point of view their chances of survival was pretty low (its plan failed generally because of unforceen consequences like Raynir's runes, and force majeure in therms of Onni intervention). For what reason it may smultaneously start some sort of really complicated long-therm decoy scheme, if the expedition was supposed to be destroyed in near future?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 12:17:50 PM by Dilandu »

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2762 on: September 28, 2017, 12:19:12 PM »
Sleipnope's the product of a ghost the team rustled at either Kastellet or Amalienborg, thus presumably does not actually have much of a religious background. While I wouldn't put it above Sleip to masquerade as someone and lie 'til the paint comes off the wall,

It's pretty hard to lie, if you could not even hide your actual thoughts from the other side.

LooNEY_DAC

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2763 on: September 28, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »
Thanks, Yuuago! Nothing urgent at present, but good to know she is reachable
She responds to tumblr asks faster than forum pms.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #2764 on: September 28, 2017, 06:59:41 PM »
I guess what I actually meant is, why would Sleip put on the A show once and then keep hidden from Reynir (memento the empty church when he tried to contact A again)? If Sleip were trying to actually mislead him - and note that Reynir is still the only one betting any money on A -, wouldn't it give further encouragement, reinforce the lies, make some minor adjustments to counter random deviations, lead him more directly to the supposed demise? It's not like Reynir still searching for A and still not having the slightest which part of Denmark to search in in the first place is going to make him miss the ship (Sigrun and Mikkel will see to that) or flub a crucial rune.
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Antillanka

• Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: her, thank you ;)
« Reply #2765 on: September 29, 2017, 03:24:53 PM »
Possibly, but not very probable. I dare say - highly unlikely, because in that case the whole situation became rather sensless. It is possible, of course, that both Sleipnope and A are parts of some grand strategy, but the question arise - who is the mastermind? The "it", mentioned by Onni?

Hehehe, I know it's highly unlikely, but the temptation to use the meme was far too huge XD !
Iguana with issues

Speaks: :chile:('cause that sh*t ain't :spain: XD); :usa:

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2766 on: October 11, 2017, 10:37:26 PM »
I noticed an interesting parallel between the latest page and page 750. The panel composition is eerily similar too. o_o

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:45:31 PM by Luth Nightbreeze »
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2767 on: October 11, 2017, 10:38:45 PM »
Luth, that's a worry!
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2768 on: October 12, 2017, 09:25:02 AM »
I was actually finding it a bit encouraging, because Onni did wake up eventually.

Dilandu

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2769 on: October 12, 2017, 04:13:36 PM »
I noticed an interesting parallel between the latest page and page 750. The panel composition is eerily similar too. o_o

Hm... you are right; too much similarity for being just a coincidence!

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #2770 on: October 15, 2017, 02:15:01 PM »
so, is the idea here that lalli's area is gone? seeing as the lilypads from his area are there, but none of the forest (or that little platform he normally stays on)?
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

Noodles

• Tumblr
  • *flops*
  • Preferred pronouns: they/them
« Reply #2771 on: October 15, 2017, 02:22:18 PM »
so, is the idea here that lalli's area is gone? seeing as the lilypads from his area are there, but none of the forest (or that little platform he normally stays on)?
Reynir saw his area at the end of the last page he was in, it was just empty -- I think Lalli is kind of lost or something? Or far from where he should be.
I'll do art-swaps and beta-reads, PM me!
Native: :usa:
Can make a fool of myself, but comprehensibly: :france:
Write a little Sindarin (working on that)
Wish-list: ASL, :sweden:, :norway:
Chapter break survivor: :book2::book3::book4::A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #2772 on: October 15, 2017, 05:12:06 PM »

Hmm, I wonder where have we previously seen water, mist, and a light on it... hmmmm...

(the lilypads are somewhat of an obstacle in this theory since those normally grow in stagnant water, but we've seen weirder things in dreamland, I suppose)

Edit: I misread the question as "where's Lalli gone" or something of the sort :D His magespace obviously isn't gone, as Noodly noted. Lalli just woke up in the wrong place.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 05:15:30 PM by Sc0ut »

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2773 on: October 15, 2017, 06:06:47 PM »
Well, he was flung out of his body pretty hard. Maybe his instincts led his soul to home in on somewhere familiar, maybe the gods, or something else, tweaked his trajectory.....many possibilities.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2774 on: October 15, 2017, 07:39:53 PM »
Hmm, I wonder where have we previously seen water, mist, and a light on it... hmmmm...

(the lilypads are somewhat of an obstacle in this theory since those normally grow in stagnant water, but we've seen weirder things in dreamland, I suppose)

Edit: I misread the question as "where's Lalli gone" or something of the sort :D His magespace obviously isn't gone, as Noodly noted. Lalli just woke up in the wrong place.

You may well be correct about the precipitous drop and where it ends up.  I'm excited to see.
I'd also like to see the frogs that use these lilypads.   :3  Actually, we haven't seen any fauna in the Finnish mages' spaces, just the sheep in Reynir's.  I would love to have dragonflies and frogs and cicadas accompanying this 'marsh' ecosystem.  (Only enough mosquitoes to keep the frogs happy.)
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior