Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392244 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2370 on: June 17, 2017, 02:06:49 PM »
My impression is that they will find a vial, or something to that effect, that let's them cure Tuuri but little more.

As such they can then come back to Iceland with something much more valuable than books - the possibility that out there, in the waning days of the last campaign, someone found a remedy to the plague, but in the disastrous retreat it was abandoned/destroyed/compromised.

So now they can have a second round of adventure, with better funding, to gather information and perhaps find the promising serum.

At least, this is what I interpret the ghost nurse tidbits to be a lead for. 

The only problem with this theory is that I still firmly believe that the disease is of a metaphysical nature as well. So at best they will be able to find something that slows the physical symptoms, but not a complete and total cure. Save her body, but her soul might still get infected. Possibly she will then fall into a coma until Lalli and/or Reynir goes into her mind and save her magically as well.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #2371 on: June 17, 2017, 02:18:19 PM »
My impression is that they will find a vial, or something to that effect, that let's them cure Tuuri but little more.

As such they can then come back to Iceland with something much more valuable than books - the possibility that out there, in the waning days of the last campaign, someone found a remedy to the plague, but in the disastrous retreat it was abandoned/destroyed/compromised.

So now they can have a second round of adventure, with better funding, to gather information and perhaps find the promising serum.

At least, this is what I interpret the ghost nurse tidbits to be a lead for. 

The only problem with this theory is that I still firmly believe that the disease is of a metaphysical nature as well. So at best they will be able to find something that slows the physical symptoms, but not a complete and total cure. Save her body, but her soul might still get infected. Possibly she will then fall into a coma until Lalli and/or Reynir goes into her mind and save her magically as well.
I'm betting the cure might be in the church lady's church. It seems like said church will at least be important for ridding them of the whole murder-ghosts thing.
 (btw, thank you Grand E Cat for that name. I hope you don't mind if I nick it)
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2372 on: June 17, 2017, 04:27:04 PM »
I'm betting the cure might be in the church lady's church. It seems like said church will at least be important for ridding them of the whole murder-ghosts thing.
 (btw, thank you Grand E Cat for that name. I hope you don't mind if I nick it)

It's actually how we nickname them here (though most seem to write it without the hyphen), to keep them distinct from the normal much less agressive, run-of-the-mill ghosts that exist in the story as well. But thumbs up for the twist on my handle.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 02:29:57 AM by Grade E cat »
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Purple Wyrm

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2373 on: June 18, 2017, 10:16:25 PM »
In reference to today's update

Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

urbicande

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2374 on: June 19, 2017, 11:03:19 AM »
Everyone seems to be assuming that Tuuri's hearing a voice coming from somebody/something else.

I took it for something coming from inside her own head.

The process may not be instantaneous -- maybe, as in at least some types of dementia, it sometimes starts with occasional brief interruptions of longer periods of clarity, with the times of clear-mindedness reducing in length and frequency as the illness progresses.

I can't read the Black Speech that's in that box but there's an 'Ø' in there.  That's not a letter used in Finnish, Icelandic, or Swedish (the languages that Tuuri knows according to the Characters page.  So whatever she's hearing, it's likely Danish.

Also, Tuuri is a Skald. She should be documenting what happens to her so that other people can learn.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:15:20 AM by urbicande »
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #2375 on: June 19, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »
I can't read the Black Speech that's in that box but there's an 'Ø' in there.  That's not a letter used in Finnish, Icelandic, or Swedish (the languages that Tuuri knows according to the Characters page.  So whatever she's hearing, it's likely Danish.

Also, Tuuri is a Skald. She should be documenting what happens to her so that other people can learn.
From what I can see it's danish, had it been norwegian it should have been "noen" instead of "nogen".
As for the black speech we can hear: "Help me" on p.736 and what seems to be "Can someone hear...." on p.737
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #2376 on: June 19, 2017, 01:00:50 PM »
From what I can see it's danish, had it been norwegian it should have been "noen" instead of "nogen".
As for the black speech we can hear: "Help me" on p.736 and what seems to be "Can someone hear...." on p.737

It also makes far more sense for it to be Danish, given they're in Denmark.  Thanks for the translation!

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #2377 on: June 19, 2017, 01:32:29 PM »
I can confirm your translations
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2378 on: June 19, 2017, 02:04:57 PM »
Thanks, all; I hadn't picked up on that bit of language distinction as I can't read any of them.

And thanks for the translations!

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #2379 on: June 19, 2017, 02:31:41 PM »
In reference to today's update

An appropriate reaction to a sister wanting to talk to her brother.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #2380 on: June 19, 2017, 03:07:52 PM »
I can confirm your translations
*Hands in the air*
Wohoo! I got right on some Danish!
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
« Reply #2381 on: June 19, 2017, 10:10:29 PM »

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #2382 on: June 19, 2017, 10:16:57 PM »
Tuuri fails the Purrito test.

I may cry.
On the bright side, dangers of a feral cat bite aren't that big of a problem comparatively.
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

Coffee

• Low-effort hippie
« Reply #2383 on: June 19, 2017, 10:19:34 PM »
Nope. 

NOPE.

NOPE.

NOPE.
Fluent: :canada:
Sorta: :france:

:chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2384 on: June 19, 2017, 11:10:37 PM »
Nothing feral about that cat for quite some time now.

And I've been dreading that page since the troll bite. Guess Tuuri's not turning into a mage after all, is she? It was a nice thought while it lasted.