Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392366 times)

GeiYin

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • A cosmonaut... someday
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2355 on: June 15, 2017, 07:22:23 AM »
So, it seems to be that the 9-pages-update will not be just about those two, but about everyone?
Oh, I wasn't emotionally prepared for this.

I would suggest that we need another 'survive' thing for this as well...
Native:  :russia:
Can read:  :uk: / :usa:
Dream goal: :germany:

:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18:

Cosplaying, drawing bonfires, writing in ruSSSSian

Solokov

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
  • Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #2356 on: June 15, 2017, 11:40:04 PM »
My theorizing; Turri really is a mage, and the stress from all this + possible depression is what's gonna bring out those magic abilities.

My rationale: nowhere before have we seen any implication about infected hearing things/voices and presumably, even if that were the case, it would likely come during the later stages of the infection well after the rash was evident, and mutations were beginning to occur.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Aierdome

• Ranger
  • The Emperor Protects.
« Reply #2357 on: June 16, 2017, 09:28:06 AM »
The infopage on mages says that all Finns have magic abilities to a certain degree. Perhaps stress and uncertainty are simply amplifying those abilities in Tuuri,  or she happens to be standing in a spot where trolls are especially audible to a person with any shred of a talent. Or maybe something is trying to contact her, like the mysterious "it" following the Hotakainens.
When I think of deep psychological insight, I think of three names: Freud; Jung; Grignr.
-----
:chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :hat: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16:

Gwenno

• Valkyrie
  • Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Be the change you wish to see
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2358 on: June 16, 2017, 09:51:45 AM »
My theorizing; Turri really is a mage, and the stress from all this + possible depression is what's gonna bring out those magic abilities.

My rationale: nowhere before have we seen any implication about infected hearing things/voices and presumably, even if that were the case, it would likely come during the later stages of the infection well after the rash was evident, and mutations were beginning to occur.

The fact that we haven't yet heard of the infected hearing voices, doesn't necessarily mean they don't. Our experience, and information regarding people becoming infected so far has been largely limited to the prologue pages, before trolls had been formed (I know that we are aware of people getting infected in more recent times, but I can't remember anywhere where we were updated with more up to date symptoms.). Maybe now that there are more trolls present, infected people can begin to hear them before trollifying themselves?
You're a fool if you dance or not so you might as well dance

Fluent: :wls: :gb:
駄洒落だけ: :jp:
Working on it :nl:
Tourist level: :es: :fr: :it:

Chapter break survivor : :artd: :book1+: :book2: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
Soulcount: 10

proud member of the Sigrun Eide for God-Emperor of the Universe Society
Roleplay doc

viola

• Hel
  • Conqueror of an Abandoned City
  • I AM VENOM GROOT
  • Preferred pronouns: no preference
« Reply #2359 on: June 16, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »
Aahhh! Tuuri!! Aaah!  O_O
everyday: :gb: :fr: (:ca:) | can do: :is: | somewhat: :dk: :se: :no: :de: | lil bit: :lb: :np: | currently learning: :sgn:

Surviving since: :chap7:

Forum Rules | Important Information | Help

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2360 on: June 16, 2017, 10:02:41 AM »
Aahhh! Tuuri!! Aaah!  O_O

That's literally what my reaction was reading today's page!
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2361 on: June 16, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »
Just wondering about something: how sure are we that this was a troll and not one of the telepathic speech capable muder-ghosts? It's a plot point that the murderghosts are a new thing from a Known World point of view. Maybe the symptom comes from the left field because those in early stages of the Rash can't hear trolls, but can hear murder-ghosts. If that was the case, it would make sense that the story never brought it up before now.

Otherwise, I wonder what effect Reynir's runes will have on her. If they do anything, it will at least help with keeping Tuuri and Reynir at a safe distance from each other, just saying.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2362 on: June 16, 2017, 03:04:09 PM »
Everyone seems to be assuming that Tuuri's hearing a voice coming from somebody/something else.

I took it for something coming from inside her own head.

The process may not be instantaneous -- maybe, as in at least some types of dementia, it sometimes starts with occasional brief interruptions of longer periods of clarity, with the times of clear-mindedness reducing in length and frequency as the illness progresses.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #2363 on: June 16, 2017, 04:23:29 PM »
Everyone seems to be assuming that Tuuri's hearing a voice coming from somebody/something else.

I took it for something coming from inside her own head.

The voice is speaking Danish though, if it came from Tuuri it would most likely speak Finnish, maaaaybe swedish or icelandic, but not danish :o
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #2364 on: June 16, 2017, 10:39:11 PM »
It has to be the infection/innate Finnish magic. If it was the ghosts/trolls, wouldn't it have already shown up by now? Tuuri hearing the voices is recent, meaning most likely a recent circumstance is what caused this. This means either R.I.P Tuuri, or awakening magic (let's hope for the latter?). Sickening Tuuri could also lead to an increased push for that whole cure thing they just found, or an attempt to find a more perfect version(?).

Let's also hope that Tuuri turning sick doesn't lead to a Dwarf Fortress-esque tantrum spiral that leads to the death of the expedition  :)
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #2365 on: June 16, 2017, 11:29:24 PM »
I was under the impression that effect was meant to imply that she is starting to hear the black speech.

It's something new, because in the prologue, there was no troll around for those in the early stage of infection to hear.

If she was awakening to latent magic abilities, she would have nightmares and dreams first, if the example of Reynir's ancestor is any indication to go by.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2366 on: June 17, 2017, 12:16:49 AM »
I was under the impression that effect was meant to imply that she is starting to hear the black speech.

It's something new, because in the prologue, there was no troll around for those in the early stage of infection to hear.

If she was awakening to latent magic abilities, she would have nightmares and dreams first, if the example of Reynir's ancestor is any indication to go by.

I think you're right about the black speech.

But we do have to keep in mind that the awakening for a Finnish mage might be quite different - the dreams would have made sense in Arni's case, because icelandic mages have prophetic dreams, but for Finnish mages it would probably be something else.

* Luth is still holding onto the desperate hope that she isn't going to die
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #2367 on: June 17, 2017, 01:46:37 AM »
She isn't going to die. I think. Maybe. Probably.

If anything she's just extra incentive for them to find a cure asap.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
« Reply #2368 on: June 17, 2017, 02:33:05 AM »

That does seem like where her situation's going to push the plot for sure.
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race

GunmanRex

• Scout
  • My legs are OK
« Reply #2369 on: June 17, 2017, 10:13:41 AM »

That does seem like where her situation's going to push the plot for sure.
Ditto, the cure+sudden need for said cure points that way.
Though the real question is if they will be forced to use an imperfect cure, possibly doing permanent damage.
Though a struggle of whether to save a better cure so it can be replicated or secretly use it to save Tuuri.
I also wonder if blood transfusion can temporarily give immunity to the rash virus (probably not though, or it would already be a thing).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:18:26 AM by GunmanRex »
Native: :usa:
Steadily Studying: :ireland:
Atrophied: :france:
Future: :wales: :scotland:

:chap16::chap17::chap18:

I ramble a lot