Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392223 times)

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2115 on: March 27, 2017, 05:35:55 PM »
Mikkels way of dealing with an uncooperative patient may be unconventional, and would get him fired if he was working as a real doctor (If it not already has), but it is effective.

It does make the patient rather angry, though.

Mikkel has stated in chapter 9 that he isn't actually a doctor, so I doubt he has been working as one.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Lazy8

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • DeviantArt
  • Preferred pronouns: Name only
« Reply #2116 on: March 27, 2017, 07:20:00 PM »
As someone pointed out in the comments... Lalli could've choked. Especially if he'd surprise inhaled, which would've been a very natural reaction.
:usa: native
:spain: comes back in an emergency
:vaticancity: rusty
:china: can usually manage to order food
:norway: can hold a basic conversation

:chap5: | :book2: | :book3: | :chap17: :chap18:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2117 on: March 27, 2017, 07:51:18 PM »
As someone pointed out in the comments... Lalli could've choked. Especially if he'd surprise inhaled, which would've been a very natural reaction.

I'm pretty sure Lalli always inhales those cookies.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2118 on: March 27, 2017, 08:16:51 PM »
Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Occa

• Tumblr
« Reply #2119 on: March 27, 2017, 10:49:16 PM »
apparently cookies come before physical safety
Native: :usa:
Trying to learn: :sweden: :iceland: :spain:

I usually have no idea what's going on

thorny

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2120 on: March 28, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »
Re the new page:

if Reynir had stayed home, possibly nobody would have reached Onni to ask for help, and everyone on the crew would have been overwhelmed by the trolls and killed -- if they hadn't been previously finished off by the ghosts on their first encounter with them. Reynir, in all his thinking, seems to have missed thinking of that.

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
« Reply #2121 on: March 28, 2017, 12:53:16 PM »
Re the new page:

if Reynir had stayed home, possibly nobody would have reached Onni to ask for help, and everyone on the crew would have been overwhelmed by the trolls and killed -- if they hadn't been previously finished off by the ghosts on their first encounter with them. Reynir, in all his thinking, seems to have missed thinking of that.
Well, once you start down a negative train of thought, you tend to stick with it unless something happens to derail it.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #2122 on: March 28, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »
Re the new page:

OTOH, if Reynir wasn't there they'd likely never have entered Amalienborg, Sigrun probably wouldn't be injured.  And if they'd never entered Amelienborg, they wouldn't have known to go to Kastellet and Murderghost wouldn't be chasing them.  And they likely wouldn't have been in Odense.
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Jharad17

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2123 on: March 28, 2017, 06:27:16 PM »
OTOH, if Reynir wasn't there they'd likely never have entered Amalienborg, Sigrun probably wouldn't be injured.  And if they'd never entered Amelienborg, they wouldn't have known to go to Kastellet and Murderghost wouldn't be chasing them.  And they likely wouldn't have been in Odense.

I don't think Reynir had anything to do with them going to Amalienborg. What makes you think he did? As for Odense, and Kastellet before that, that was all Mikkel's idea.
Native:  :usa:
Tourist level:  :germany:  and. :france:

Occa

• Tumblr
« Reply #2124 on: March 28, 2017, 08:59:33 PM »
Yeah, and if Reynir wasn't there, they wouldn't have had all those for when the trolls attacked

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2125 on: March 28, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »
Well, there is the fact that Reynir spotting something moving is what led them to check out the clinic remains in Amalienborg, which led to them discovering the serum bottles, which is what led to Mikkel to go to the fort, which is what set the Murderghosts after them.

That said, there's every possibility they would have checked out the clinic anyway even without Reynir being there.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Jharad17

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2126 on: March 29, 2017, 02:18:23 AM »
Well, there is the fact that Reynir spotting something moving is what led them to check out the clinic remains in Amalienborg, which led to them discovering the serum bottles, which is what led to Mikkel to go to the fort, which is what set the Murderghosts after them.

That said, there's every possibility they would have checked out the clinic anyway even without Reynir being there.

Hmm, good point. I hadn't thought of it like that. Of course, they did go into the Amalienborg clinic later, anyway, chasing down Leaftroll after it attacked them. And Leaftroll was kind of Lalli's fault (or, indirectly, Onni's. Or, even more indirectly, Grandma Ensi's.)
Native:  :usa:
Tourist level:  :germany:  and. :france:

Occa

• Tumblr
« Reply #2127 on: March 29, 2017, 03:00:01 AM »
That last panel of Reynir is just so relatable. That is almost exactly how I feel right now. I love it

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2128 on: March 29, 2017, 09:47:11 AM »
Hmm, good point. I hadn't thought of it like that. Of course, they did go into the Amalienborg clinic later, anyway, chasing down Leaftroll after it attacked them. And Leaftroll was kind of Lalli's fault (or, indirectly, Onni's. Or, even more indirectly, Grandma Ensi's.)

We could play this game forever, but without Reynir being there Leaftroll probably would have attacked closer to the Cat Tank (they were on their way back from the clinic when it struck) and Sigrun probably wouldn't have got her arm mangled protecting him. Then she could have quickly and efficiently killed the troll before it got anywhere near the clinic, rather than leave the job to Emil and Mikkel and their three stooges impression.

Man, for someone who doesn't think any of this is Reynir's fault I'm building a really good case against him  :))
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #2129 on: March 29, 2017, 11:41:53 AM »
And of course one has to wonder how much of the whole situation is due to the nudging and prompting of the Minnaverse gods, since I'm sure they are no more impressed with the Rash than are the humans.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!