Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392319 times)

JacobThomsen

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
  • Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2025 on: January 16, 2017, 04:07:22 PM »
Only one page into the chapter and I'm already at my saddest :C

I think that we're about to discover that Minna is just as good at creating sadness as she is at cliffhangers
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

yung_chrysanthemum

« Reply #2026 on: January 16, 2017, 10:42:43 PM »
It's probably been mentioned already, but I really hope that we're going to find that the serum + some magical intervention will turn out to be the cure.

On the other hand, we do have the "Chekhov's gun" of the church lady... I hope her function isn't to bring Tuuri to a peaceful death :(
:chap2: :chap3: :chap4: :chap5: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17:

native: :usa:
reasonably good: :japan:

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2027 on: January 17, 2017, 10:21:08 AM »
Just thought of something: if I understood correctly, Reynir can see ghosts, but not "healthy" spirits. This may mean that if Tuuri is infected, she may reach a point where her spirit becomes visible to Reynir, possibly before the physical symptoms start showing up. Because of policy of keeping them apart, he may notice only once it's well underway.

As for magical resolution, I have an idea of what it may be on the Icelandic magic front: you remember how the anti-ghost rune was originally a rune keeping sheep from straying too far away from the farm? Reynir may be able to figure out the "keeping the spirit inside the body when it really really wants to leave" variant, with the catch that the person has to wear the thing 24/7. Perfect for a temporary fix that will need to be improved upon by people who actually know magic. Shut up about the potency of the cure after ninety years, little chemistry education that I have! I guess that's what Lalli takes care of, or something?
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Doldrum

• Tumblr
« Reply #2028 on: January 18, 2017, 09:06:22 AM »
Just thought of something: if I understood correctly, Reynir can see ghosts, but not "healthy" spirits. This may mean that if Tuuri is infected, she may reach a point where her spirit becomes visible to Reynir, possibly before the physical symptoms start showing up. Because of policy of keeping them apart, he may notice only once it's well underway.
I hadn't thought of that possibility, but that would be... very interesting, and heartbreaking.

PaperArtillery

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Riflekorporal 1. klasse Johansen
« Reply #2029 on: January 18, 2017, 02:16:08 PM »
I think that we're about to discover that Minna is just as good at creating sadness as she is at cliffhangers

I thought that was a well-accepted fact by the end of the prologue.  Or maybe that's just me that took it so hard.
Eg fekk min siste ordre i frå høgaste befal og han skreik / 170 gå å sjå om det er klart!

:us: EN :de: DE :no: NO :ru: RU :il: JI

:artd::book1+:
:book2::book3::book4:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #2030 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:54 PM »
Hey look Onni's not dead, charred but not dead!
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2031 on: January 18, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »
On the other hand, we do have the "Chekhov's gun" of the church lady... I hope her function isn't to bring Tuuri to a peaceful death :(
We have a bodyless nailed-into-place church lady and a potentially-soon-"brain-dead" Tuuri. Two damaged team members rolled into one fully functional one, mayhaps?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Doldrum

• Tumblr
« Reply #2032 on: January 19, 2017, 03:39:26 AM »
Ok, so if I'm reading this correcty, Tuuri is currently gonna live in the cockpit/ radio room, while Reynir ( ant the rest of the crew) will live in the sleeping quarters. So, no possibilities for Tuuri to get out without crossing through the crews living area and possibly contaminating Reynir... I sure hope that hole wont impair the cattank too much, so that they need a mechanic to look at it. 

Grade E cat

• Ranger
  • Headcanon firing in 3... 2... 1...
  • Preferred pronouns: her
« Reply #2033 on: January 19, 2017, 09:21:30 AM »
There is at least one door that opens in the front, so I guess Tuuri will be using that.
http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=373
I think Mikkel may have meant just avoiding having them outside at the same time, or at least too close to each other. But I'm wondering about the repairs on the electronics aspect of the floor as well.
Native: :fr:
So much part of my life it might as well be native: :us:
Few and far between practice opportunities: :es:
A little learned during hardcore anime fan phase: :jp:
Only alternative to English in early junior high school: :de:

Do what cat. Lalli's way of life since age three.

Doldrum

• Tumblr
« Reply #2034 on: January 19, 2017, 11:02:36 AM »
There is at least one door that opens in the front, so I guess Tuuri will be using that.
http://www.sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=373
I think Mikkel may have meant just avoiding having them outside at the same time, or at least too close to each other. But I'm wondering about the repairs on the electronics aspect of the floor as well.
Hey, I didn't notice that! That solves some problems, at least, though the issue of the repair remains ( I really hope we get to see Tuuri apply her engineering skills to the tank, though.)

thorny

• Preferred pronouns: either female or gender-neutral
« Reply #2035 on: January 19, 2017, 12:55:25 PM »
I expect they could temporarily cover the floor with something from the outside, and then have Tuuri work on it from underneath.

Or they could have her work on it while Reynir's outside, since they do seem to be assuming he'll go out sometimes; and then disinfect the area before letting him back in -- they must have disinfected it once already, no? it would have been full of fresh troll blood and brains.

-- while she'd have to be right there and probably handling at least some of what's being repaired, I also still think it would be better to have her coach somebody else through doing the actual repair work: not only would it be easier on her presumably sore shoulder, but the person being coached would get muscle practice at doing such work, which is more effective than just giving them verbal information. I hope she'll survive and it won't matter; but they can't afford not to act on the assumption that she might not.

I wonder whether the crew's going to figure out what's wrong with Onni and tell those present with him, or whether this is going to continue to be one of those failures to communicate that have plagued them all through the expedition. As Lalli seemed to recover without anyone's having figured out what was wrong, however, I hope the same will be true of Onni: maybe all that's really needed is time and a safe physical space to be unconscious in.

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2036 on: January 19, 2017, 04:08:55 PM »
Why is Tuuri allowed to be in the cat tank without her mask on, if she is not automatically assumed to be infected? There's been troll brains in the cat tank and it spreads through breathing... Reynir is wearing his, so why isn't Tuuri...

Has Mikkel actually given up on her already but insisiting on the charade to keep morale from burning through the ground?

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2037 on: January 19, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »
I wonder whether the crew's going to figure out what's wrong with Onni and tell those present with him, or whether this is going to continue to be one of those failures to communicate that have plagued them all through the expedition. As Lalli seemed to recover without anyone's having figured out what was wrong, however, I hope the same will be true of Onni: maybe all that's really needed is time and a safe physical space to be unconscious in.

Taru is probably perfectly aware of what's going on - note her comment about him not being hit by lightning - it's just that the Swedes likely don't want to listen.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #2038 on: January 19, 2017, 06:23:09 PM »
Taru is probably perfectly aware of what's going on - note her comment about him not being hit by lightning - it's just that the Swedes likely don't want to listen.
Well you know swedes, science can explain most things...
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

LooNEY_DAC

• DeviantArt
« Reply #2039 on: January 19, 2017, 07:24:18 PM »
Why is Tuuri allowed to be in the cat tank without her mask on, if she is not automatically assumed to be infected? There's been troll brains in the cat tank and it spreads through breathing... Reynir is wearing his, so why isn't Tuuri...

Has Mikkel actually given up on her already but insisiting on the charade to keep morale from burning through the ground?
Troll gunk stops being infectious after a matter of hours. An infected human is continually infectious until death.