Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392307 times)

Anna

• Scout
    • Tumblr
  • A majestic circle cat
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her/hers
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #2010 on: January 12, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »
Why is this even a discussion? It's obviously Mikkel, I doubt Minna has made it vague on purpose and I also doubt she "changed her mind". Sure, Mikkel doesn't carry weapons often, but it's not impossible.
She also wouldn't make solid black shadows on the back of Mikkel's sleeves and pants; that's Emil's uniform, or I'm a gecko. Might not be Emil wearing it, but his is the only uniform with black in those places.
:chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:
:A2chap01::A2chap02::A2chap03::A2chap04::A2chap05:
:book2::book3::book4:

And remember what peace there may be in silence.

Sc0ut

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2011 on: January 12, 2017, 06:56:29 AM »
Why is this even a discussion? It's obviously Mikkel, I doubt Minna has made it vague on purpose and I also doubt she "changed her mind". Sure, Mikkel doesn't carry weapons often, but it's not impossible.

Nobody but Emil has ever worn this uniform, and if there's one thing Minna doesn't mix up, it's the uniforms.

Dverghamrar

• Tumblr
  • Disciple of Katla
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2012 on: January 12, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »
Nobody but Emil has ever worn this uniform, and if there's one thing Minna doesn't mix up, it's the uniforms.
That's true, except Emil's boots are white, and in the cover they're black. I guess this is what's throwing everyone off. :)

As for me, I wonder if it's less about who the person is, and more about the mood Minna is setting. Maybe the intention was to combine a little bit of every crew member's uniform (or as many as she could fit) into one design.
♫ ♪ Sharing secrets with another world
Rubbing shoulders with some unknown lovers
♪ ♫
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14:
AO3 (Mageverse) | Twitter | Tumblr
Fluent: :usa:
Various degrees of fluency: :arableague: :mexico: :japan: :italy:
Now acquiring: :germany:
Wishlist: :iceland::finland:
O

JacobThomsen

• Is currently trying to develop flammable lemons
  • Preferred pronouns: Him/he
« Reply #2013 on: January 12, 2017, 11:14:48 AM »
As for me, I wonder if it's less about who the person is, and more about the mood Minna is setting. Maybe the intention was to combine a little bit of every crew member's uniform (or as many as she could fit) into one design.

That thought has crossed my mind too
Native: :denmark:
Fluent (more or less): :uk:
If I have to (but please don't make me): :germany:
Somewhat understands: :norway: :sweden:

:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Fauna

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2014 on: January 12, 2017, 02:06:51 PM »
I'm going to guess it's Tuuri. If her infection is confirmed in the next chapter, then there is no real reason to contain her in the cat tank anymore.. heck, we don't know if trolls will even care about her, they might detect the illness and just... leave her alone. It would be a pretty grim way for her to get the freedom she wanted...

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #2015 on: January 12, 2017, 02:41:53 PM »
I would have guessed Emil because of 1) the shadow of a gun we see, 2) possibly inspecting the burning remains of his handiwork.

Just in terms of size too, it's either Mikkel or Emil, since they are the ones with square-ish body types. But I would presume that Mikkel would be busy dealing with Tuuri, Lalli would also be busy with Tuuri, Sigrun, as commander, is probably also busy with the situation in the tank, and reynir is probably kept around as well because he was there when it happened.

Which means that it's Emil who gets the short straw and ends up doing guard duties while the team sorts this mess out.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

Jharad17

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2016 on: January 12, 2017, 09:14:24 PM »
That's true, except Emil's boots are white, and in the cover they're black. I guess this is what's throwing everyone off. :)

That's not a bad idea, but I think you're right about the first part, too -- other than the boots, the rest of the uniform is Emil's, though without his bandolier. I thought it was Mikkel at first, because of boots and the stockiness of the figure, but I think I've changed my mind to Emil. Maybe his boots are just covered in ash and soot?
Native:  :usa:
Tourist level:  :germany:  and. :france:

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
« Reply #2017 on: January 13, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »
I'd presumed that most people would have been tested for immunity quite young and informed of their status by their parent(s)/guardian(s). On the assumption that this hypothesis is true, it's possible that Tuuri doesn't remember being told she was immune for whatever reason. How Onni's decision to lie about it came about and played out would be an interesting tale.
If there is a test and unless there's some Hollywood science to make it undoable/unreliable until the patient has reached age X or somesuch (which would pretty much fly in the face of the hard either/or's we see in every other aspect of Rash and immunity), then we can assume that parents would want their children tested right after birth, if not sooner. Which is of course way too early for the child itself to remember it later on.

Second, we've seen people shuffle through paperwork of travelers, but there's no clear indication that a person's immunity status is being mirrored into a document as thoroughly as a person's identity is with ID cards and passports in our day.

Which brings us to the fact that when Tuuri was 10 and Lalli 8, they and Onni up and left Saimaa, leaving behind (presumably for dead) all relatives, all the clerks issuing their documents, their neighbors, MDs, everyone besides Onni and the hypothetical paperwork who could have told Tuuri about her immunity status if she did not already know full well at that point. (And even if she did, whatcha do when your older brother and head of the family tells you flat out that "you must be misremembering" ...)

Maybe his boots are just covered in ash and soot?
With all that ash and soot stopping precisely at the fringe of the bootleg?
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Jharad17

• Safe-Zone Citizen
« Reply #2018 on: January 13, 2017, 12:14:48 PM »
With all that ash and soot stopping precisely at the fringe of the bootleg?

I didn't say it was a good theory. :p My real guess is Minna forgot what color Emil's boots were.
Native:  :usa:
Tourist level:  :germany:  and. :france:

wavewright62

• Valkyrie
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2019 on: January 14, 2017, 03:00:21 AM »
Sorry, I've been offline for the better part of a week, but going back to the discussion about the last page, several were disappointed that no 'screen time' was devoted to the fighting crew's reaction to Tuuri's situation. It seems to be true that we don't see Mikkel's reaction, but what makes you think Sigrun or Emil came back inside before morning? That possibility still exists  (and incidentally fits my own speculation that we see Emil on the chapter cover).
Always a newbie at something
Native speaker: :us:
Acquired: :nz:
Grew up speaking but now very rusty: :ee:

Ruler of Queenstown Airport (Thanks Purple Wyrm, I will wear my wings with pride)
Admiral of the Sunken Rainbow Warrior

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2020 on: January 14, 2017, 06:51:02 AM »
Which brings us to the fact that when Tuuri was 10 and Lalli 8, they and Onni up and left Saimaa, leaving behind (presumably for dead) all relatives, all the clerks issuing their documents, their neighbors, MDs, everyone besides Onni and the hypothetical paperwork who could have told Tuuri about her immunity status if she did not already know full well at that point. (And even if she did, whatcha do when your older brother and head of the family tells you flat out that "you must be misremembering" ...)

My thoughts exactly. Whatever happened to drive them out of Saimaa provides a perfect opportunity for Onni to completely rewrite their family history.
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Sc0ut

• Tumblr
« Reply #2021 on: January 14, 2017, 07:20:47 AM »

A bunch of orphans who show up without any papers from the wilderness/a recently destroyed village and end up working for the military would get all the health tests done though, probably during the quarantine they must have went through when they first showed up in Keuruu. Can't risk just trusting them on their disease status, and immunity would probably get tested too.

Edit to clarify: Tuuri's REAL immunity status must be in the new papers she got when they re-joined civilization. Onni might have been able to lie to her as a kid, but as an adult it's much more difficult, because now she can get her hands on any official papers regarding her. Remember each team member had personal files when they joined the expedition, and Tuuri was curious about them. She must have checked out her own as well.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:26:40 AM by Sc0ut »

Purple Wyrm

• The Bombay Sausage of 2018!
  • Preferred pronouns: He/Him/Dat Fing
« Reply #2022 on: January 14, 2017, 08:49:58 AM »
A bunch of orphans who show up without any papers from the wilderness/a recently destroyed village and end up working for the military would get all the health tests done though, probably during the quarantine they must have went through when they first showed up in Keuruu. Can't risk just trusting them on their disease status, and immunity would probably get tested too.

Hmmm. Very good points. They can be worked around, but until we get more info from Minna it's really all just speculation, on all sides.

Roll on Monday! :D
Native :australia:
Fluent :newzealand: :uk: :usa: :canada: (Yes, I realise that's cheating)
Might remember some in an emergency :italy:
Understands the concept, just not the specifics :vaticancity:

:chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :chap21:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

⁂ Iron fisted ruler of Caversham Airfield ⁂ Sigrun isn't immune, t

Haspen

• Safe-Zone Citizen
  • Hat Kat
« Reply #2023 on: January 16, 2017, 03:40:49 PM »
Only one page into the chapter and I'm already at my saddest :C
Languages? Only :poland: and :uk: I'm afraid!

My 'dream catalogue' - Are you ready to delve into crazy? You probably aren't, so remember that you're clicking this at your own responsibility.

heiteru

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: really don't care. you can use whatever you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2024 on: January 16, 2017, 04:03:05 PM »
Only one page into the chapter and I'm already at my saddest :C
\going to be same\
native : :russia:
mistakes can't stop me: :uk: / :usa:
one day~ : :iceland: , :finland:

chapter joined : :chap5:
chapter break survivor: :book2: :book3: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

ROBIN, THANKS FOR THE AVATAR, YOU'RE THE BEST, LOVE YOU <3