Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392216 times)

Vafhudr

• Ranger
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1740 on: November 01, 2016, 08:31:14 PM »
A few details of interest, mostly consisting of remarks on what dead drawn people are depicted wearing:
- Judging from the clothes worn it seems that perhaps Ragnar Arnason was a mage, but Reynir's father is not. The latter is depicted in plainclothes. Sigridur is wearing something that looks like mage garbs - so it is hard to say if magical talent simply skipped from Ragnar to Reynir or if Reynir's mom also has some talent. It is interesting to note that Arni, from the prologue, is also wearing mage garbs here.

- Similarly, and again on the basis of what they are shown wearing - it appears that Lalli may have had to mage parents, as both Tuulikki and Jukka wear tunics with patterns on their collar in the manner of Ukko-Pekka, whereas Juha (totally not the twins from A Red tail's dream) seemed to have married a non-mage (Anne-Mari also stands out as a bit of an odd name here - maybe it's more common than I am inclined to believe in Finland) - Onni inheriting the magic talent of his father. In case I am misreading this it means that magic talent skipped that generation and unto Lalli and Onni. BUT. Since magic in Finland is taught within families and with a master-apprentice dynamics, this means that either Ukko-Pekka was still around to teach them OR their respective parents were able to teach either of them. That Ukko-Pekka was in the picture seems unlikely to me, so I am thinking parents, until Onni took over Lalli's training when parents ceased being a thing. I am also assuming, again here from clothes depicted, that Ensi was a non-magic user. None of the prologue Hotakainen were established as magic sensitive so it would make sense that perhaps magic was introduced via husband in the second generation.

- While we have never met them I feel confident that Mille and Malthe Madsen are little monsters.

- I am having a hard time telling if Arni Ragnarsonn has either some mad sideburns or if that's just his hair.

- What is Emil even wearing here. No seriously. Everyone else in his family tree is wearing "DEFAULT CIVILIAN PLAINCLOTHES". Is this what the burninators wear? Or perhaps... it is foreshadowing and Emil will be revealed to be sensitive to magic and go on to become a swedish mage?
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

|Yucca|

« Reply #1741 on: November 01, 2016, 08:50:04 PM »
Similarly, and again on the basis of what they are shown wearing - it appears that Lalli may have had to mage parents, as both Tuulikki and Jukka wear tunics with patterns on their collar in the manner of Ukko-Pekka, whereas Juha (totally not the twins from A Red tail's dream) seemed to have married a non-mage (Anne-Mari also stands out as a bit of an odd name here - maybe it's more common than I am inclined to believe in Finland) - Onni inheriting the magic talent of his father. In case I am misreading this it means that magic talent skipped that generation and unto Lalli and Onni. BUT. Since magic in Finland is taught within families and with a master-apprentice dynamics, this means that either Ukko-Pekka was still around to teach them OR their respective parents were able to teach either of them. That Ukko-Pekka was in the picture seems unlikely to me, so I am thinking parents, until Onni took over Lalli's training when parents ceased being a thing. I am also assuming, again here from clothes depicted, that Ensi was a non-magic user. None of the prologue Hotakainen were established as magic sensitive so it would make sense that perhaps magic was introduced via husband in the second generation.

Not sure about this. To me those look like various military personnel outfits we saw during the Keuruu flashback. Why Anne-Mari is shown in plain clothing though, maybe she wasn't working for the military?

- I am having a hard time telling if Arni Ragnarsonn has either some mad sideburns or if that's just his hair.

They're sideburns, as seen on page 292.

- What is Emil even wearing here. No seriously. Everyone else in his family tree is wearing "DEFAULT CIVILIAN PLAINCLOTHES". Is this what the burninators wear? Or perhaps... it is foreshadowing and Emil will be revealed to be sensitive to magic and go on to become a swedish mage?

He's wearing his rich boy attire (school uniform?) as seen on one of the support wallpapers.
All of the main cast are shown in pre-mission clothing.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 08:58:10 PM by |Yucca| »
I barely survived:
:chap5:  :book2:  :book3:  :book4:
:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

Yuuago

• Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • Well, there's still hope in this world.
  • Preferred pronouns: He/etc
« Reply #1742 on: November 01, 2016, 08:53:43 PM »
He's wearing his rich boy attire (school uniform?) as seen in one of the support wallpapers

Just pulled up the image to compare, and they're not quite the same (the one in the wp has a very high collar). But the pattern in the detailing is similar. So, probably one of his Fancy Outfits, yes. : D
Journal | Tumblr | Fic Archive
Og kring meg i myrket/snøar og snøar det. - Olav H. Hauge

Vafhudr

• Ranger
« Reply #1743 on: November 01, 2016, 10:17:37 PM »
Nothing says wealth like a popped up collar.
Language: :france::uk:
Some notions: :vaticancity: :greece:
A nostalgia for utopia...

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1744 on: November 01, 2016, 10:22:16 PM »
Nothing says wealth like a popped up collar.

Friends don't let friends go collar-up
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #1745 on: November 02, 2016, 05:34:46 AM »
For those wondering, here's Minnas answer to why Ukko-Pekka has no last name.
Not some lost poor soul though, but a fellow early mage-scout from some distant settlement, crossing paths with Ensi once, never to be met again.
Original comment

She also confirmed that Ensi had twins! if that wasn't clear enough.
Comment

And lastly the Västerström kids names might have been inspired by the book-serie "Sune".
Comment
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 05:58:51 AM by Basse »
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #1746 on: November 02, 2016, 07:51:44 AM »
Ahh TY Basse, that's useful to know, thank you. :V

Basse

• Scout
  • I don't know what I'm doing!
« Reply #1747 on: November 02, 2016, 10:10:23 AM »
Ahh TY Basse, that's useful to know, thank you. :V
No problem, tis my duty to help!
Native: :sweden:
:chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:
:book3:

Kiraly

• Ruler of a Derelict Airport
    • Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1748 on: November 02, 2016, 01:40:09 PM »
For those wondering, here's Minnas answer to why Ukko-Pekka has no last name.Original comment

She also confirmed that Ensi had twins! if that wasn't clear enough.
Comment

And lastly the Västerström kids names might have been inspired by the book-serie "Sune".
Comment

Bless you, this confirms a couple of things for me. (While also leaving open the possibility that Ukko-Pekka could actually have been a god in disguise, since she didn't explicitly state that he isn't)

Guys I am SO EXCITED about this family tree!!!! I've been screaming about it on Tumblr ever since it was released, and I will probably continue to do so for a while. ALL THE NAMES!!! All the new headcanon fodder! All the incentive to finally write that fic about Onni and Reynir's brother Bjarni I may have already written 1300 words of it, what do you mean I'm obsessed.
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Yuuago

• Tumblr
« Reply #1749 on: November 02, 2016, 01:50:49 PM »
Guys I am SO EXCITED about this family tree!!!! I've been screaming about it on Tumblr ever since it was released, and I will probably continue to do so for a while. ALL THE NAMES!!! All the new headcanon fodder! All the incentive to finally write that fic about Onni and Reynir's brother Bjarni I may have already written 1300 words of it, what do you mean I'm obsessed.

Obsessed, or enthusiastic? ; )

Kiraly

• Tumblr
  • SSSSinnamon roll
  • Preferred pronouns: she, her, etc.
« Reply #1750 on: November 02, 2016, 04:29:19 PM »
Obsessed, or enthusiastic? ; )

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself...I just had this picture conveniently lying around..)
Languages: :usa: (native) :mexico: (conversational but out of practice) :germany: (attempting to learn)
Survivor: :artd::book1+::chap6::chap7::chap8::chap9::chap10::chap11::chap12::chap13::chap14::chap15::chap16::chap17::chap18::chap19::chap20::chap21:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1751 on: November 03, 2016, 03:38:07 AM »
Mikkel has a sister apparently who appears to be around his age. Neat.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Windfighter

• Tumblr
    • DeviantArt
  • Theologian of the Minnion Church
  • Preferred pronouns: he/they
« Reply #1752 on: November 03, 2016, 04:10:36 AM »
She looks very nice, but with Mikkel as her older brother I guess she's just very good at hiding her devious side!
Fluent: :sweden:
Decent: :uk:
Phrases: :spain: / :japan:
:book1+:

My stories frequently features themes such as death, suicide, mourning, etc; I cannot give precise warnings for each individual stories, as it would spoil the intrigues.

JoB

• Mage of the Great Restructuring
« Reply #1753 on: November 05, 2016, 07:07:03 PM »
"wait, did that person get Lalli's mother without someone else? [...]"
I wouldn't want to rule out the occasional oddity about offspring, once Finnish traditions come into play. :P
native: :de: secondary: :us: :fr:
:artd: :book1+: :book2: :book3: :book4: etc.
PGP Key 0xBEF02A15, Fingerprint C12C 53DC BB92 2FE5 9725  C1AE 5E0F F1AF BEF0 2A15

Athena

• previously Luth Nightbreeze
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1754 on: November 09, 2016, 02:18:52 PM »
Minna just posted something truly awesome on her twitter.
Spoiler: Series of screenshots • show

That honestly just sounds awesome!! Cyberpunk hacker Lalli!! ;D
tired programmer girl with stories in her head and magic in her heart

currently working on a video game/digital novel called Keeper of the Labyrinth<3

avatar from the now-unavailable webcomic Prague Race