Author Topic: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat  (Read 392235 times)

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
  • Admiral of a Sunken Ship
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
Re: Latest Page Discussions/Comic Update Chitchat
« Reply #1425 on: September 11, 2016, 04:59:51 AM »
Oh but she WAS on the boat! :D At least my brain is currently very convinced that Minna has confirmed that the baby Aino's expecting is Lalli, Tuuri and Onni's grandmother.

As for living on the boat, it's a possibility, but they do seem to have a land option because Tuuli mentions traditional sauna birth, and Eino speaks of a "rec room turned fallout shelter". Going by what would be really typical for Finns my theory is that they have a summer cottage + sauna on one of the gazillion little islands of the Saimaa lake system.

The boat can only be used for as long as there's gas for it, after which I assume they'll do the usual thing and use a small row boat instead (if you have a summer cottage next to a lake you most likely have a row boat). I guess they could try to re-stock on gas every once in a while, on those stations that are at smaller towns and villages... but that would be really risky and eventually those would run out of gas anyway.
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1426 on: September 11, 2016, 05:11:29 AM »
Technically not a comic update, but Minna has posted this on tumblr and twitter. It'll probably be included in Monday's update, I'm guessing.

Meet Ensi Hotakainen, previously known only as Grandma Hotakainen:
http://sssscomic.tumblr.com/post/150229489615/nope-its-not-lalli-drawn-as-a-middle-aged-woman

AHHHH this is so exciting !!!! She's so gorgeous and ethereal just like I imagined ♥ maybe I'm just a bit eager now that we have her name and face but I wonder if having this means we're getting close to finally having the Hotakainen back story revealed and this is why dear Ensi was on Minna's mind ? I'm really excited to see some of the other cast and crew's family now, like perhaps finally getting to see Emil's parents ? :D

EDIT: more exciting things ! She answered the question I asked her about family trees making this is the second question I asked her on Tumblr which she answered ! Still nothing on that question I asked her about the differences between all the crew's uniforms and their purposes such as the time she mentioned in the comments that Emil's coat is canonically thicker than the others because he works with explosives . .
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:40:26 AM by Juniper »

Native: :usa:
I guess I'm pretty okay :france: :southkorea:
Learning: :finland: :arableague: :sign:

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1427 on: September 11, 2016, 10:57:14 PM »
I hope no one was in that elevator. Bad timing on someone popping the head out could block their escape from a giant off in the isolation ward.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1428 on: September 11, 2016, 11:14:06 PM »
I wonder how long it took to stack all those chairs and if they just made Mikkel do all of it.

Solokov

• Live life, start chaos.
« Reply #1429 on: September 11, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »
Perhaps, but on the same coin there's the possibility that the chairs were already stacked on top of the elevator.
I'm a writer too,
writing things for you,
Mostly 'pocylyse things though, check out my story from the start, Blog with the Blastwave.
A relay of the /k/ signal corps.

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1430 on: September 11, 2016, 11:20:23 PM »
Perhaps, but on the same coin there's the possibility that the chairs were already stacked on top of the elevator.

Nah, apparently Minna confirmed in the comments they were stacked by our dear heroes

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #1431 on: September 11, 2016, 11:34:16 PM »
I wonder how long it took to stack all those chairs and if they just made Mikkel do all of it.

Nah, apparently Minna confirmed in the comments they were stacked by our dear heroes

He took too long, and the others had to help him.

Things Mikkel is no longer allowed to do: Stack chairs
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Tolerable: :germany:
Still Learning: :italy:
n00b at: :russia: :norway: :japan:

Minutia_R

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: she or they
« Reply #1432 on: September 11, 2016, 11:41:54 PM »
Oh but she WAS on the boat! :D At least my brain is currently very convinced that Minna has confirmed that the baby Aino's expecting is Lalli, Tuuri and Onni's grandmother.

As for living on the boat, it's a possibility, but they do seem to have a land option because Tuuli mentions traditional sauna birth, and Eino speaks of a "rec room turned fallout shelter". Going by what would be really typical for Finns my theory is that they have a summer cottage + sauna on one of the gazillion little islands of the Saimaa lake system.

The boat can only be used for as long as there's gas for it, after which I assume they'll do the usual thing and use a small row boat instead (if you have a summer cottage next to a lake you most likely have a row boat). I guess they could try to re-stock on gas every once in a while, on those stations that are at smaller towns and villages... but that would be really risky and eventually those would run out of gas anyway.

In the Grandma Hotakainen story I wrote before the reveal (http://archiveofourown.org/works/7669366) I posited that the sauna and the rec room are on the boat.  I did a little bit of research and apparently it's not uncommon for houseboats and the like to have saunas?

Róisín

• Traveller on the Bird's Path
  • Elder of the Ruined Realm
« Reply #1433 on: September 12, 2016, 01:58:49 AM »
That's what I thought.
Avatar is courtesy of the amazing Haiz!

Miriam

• Scout
  • Icon by HulluPunaKettu
  • Preferred pronouns: she/her
« Reply #1434 on: September 12, 2016, 07:09:17 AM »

True, here's a link to the comment.
Native: :netherlands:
Some. Enough.: :uk:
Special: :germany: :france:
:chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book4: :A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04: :A2chap05:

urbicande

• --.- .-. .-.. ..--..
  • Preferred pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #1435 on: September 12, 2016, 12:54:22 PM »
Technically not a comic update, but Minna has posted this on tumblr and twitter. It'll probably be included in Monday's update, I'm guessing.

Meet Ensi Hotakainen, previously known only as Grandma Hotakainen:
http://sssscomic.tumblr.com/post/150229489615/nope-its-not-lalli-drawn-as-a-middle-aged-woman

Minna's description:

She looks like Someone Not To Be Messed With
Keep an eye on me. I shimmer on horizons.

Survivor: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: / :book2:   :chap13:   :chap14:  :chap15: :chap16: / :book3:  :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20:  :chap21: / :book4:

:A2chap01:

Fluent:  :usa: :uk: :canada:
Basic conversation:  :france: :germany:
Learning: :sweden: :finland:
A couple of words:  :spain: :italy:

Laufey

• Retired Moderator
    • Tumblr
  • BOOM BOOM VROOM VROOM
« Reply #1436 on: September 12, 2016, 03:31:27 PM »
In the Grandma Hotakainen story I wrote before the reveal (http://archiveofourown.org/works/7669366) I posited that the sauna and the rec room are on the boat.  I did a little bit of research and apparently it's not uncommon for houseboats and the like to have saunas?

The rec room's supposed to double as a fallout shelter though. The necessary structure would in all likelihood be either far too heavy or far too large for a boat as small as Lumilintu, all depending on the shielding material used. You're right though that having a sauna on a houseboat is not uncommon, Finns will build their saunas wherever (and failing that there's also the tent sauna option). :D
Speak: :finland: :iceland: :uk: :icelandic sheepdog:
Butchering at every try: :sweden:
Learning: :japan:
Wishlist: :norway:

Chapter break survivor: :chap6: :chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12:

Juniper

• Ranger
    • Tumblr
  • 달도 차면 기운다
« Reply #1437 on: September 12, 2016, 08:36:27 PM »
YEAH MONSTER TIME !!!! But Lalli's knife almost seems smaller than I remember it being ;_; I'm just, going to have faith that he knows what he is doing and could still adaquetely defend himself against a troll with that thing . .

Keeper

• Ranger
  • Child of the Sun
« Reply #1438 on: September 12, 2016, 08:40:35 PM »
Lalli, please alert your captain and medic to the monster and do not go off alone without a trace to hunt it down...
:chap7: :chap8: :chap9: :chap10: :chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15: :chap16: :book3: :chap17: :chap18: :chap19: :chap20: :book4:

:A2chap01: :A2chap02: :A2chap03: :A2chap04:

Mark my words, it's not quite what you thought.

VibratingText

• Safe-Zone Citizen
    • Tumblr
  • Preferred pronouns: He/him
« Reply #1439 on: September 12, 2016, 08:45:17 PM »
That's a long neck for a troll. I wonder what the rest looks like.
:chap11: :chap12: :chap13: :chap14: :chap15:

Tolerable: :germany:
Still Learning: :italy:
n00b at: :russia: :norway: :japan: